• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Tolerance and Adderall XR

Moon429

Greenlighter
Hey all. This is my first time posting but I’ve been reading threads on blue light for years. I have been clean for a little over 2 years from all mind altering substances. My DOCs were opiates (heroin and opanas) and meth. I was an iv user the last 2 years of my addiction. I was recently prescribed Adderall XR 20mg for appetite suppression and chronic fatigue syndrome. My doctor is aware of my past drug use and struggle with addiction. My question is, does anyone else that has had some clean time notice that they have a high tolerance the first few times you use anything? Maybe the addict inside me was expecting some sort of “rush”, but I don’t really feel anything when I take my medicine. Yes, my appetite is suppressed at least until dinner time, but as far as fatigue goes I can still fall asleep super easy. I don’t get any euphoria, none of the good feelings that you would think of. Am I on too low of a dose or am I expecting too much? I did have a *moment* and took 3 at one time. I felt a tad more energy but not what I was expecting for 60mg. I understand I’m walking a fine line here. I want to take my medicine as prescribed, not over taking everyday so I run out. But I also want it to work for what I truly need it for.

Since it's extended release your dose is going to come on a lot slower, not in one go like it usually would. Which means there is much less of a rush (if any) compared to just bombing 60mg of amphetamine.

Since it's extended release your dose is going to come on a lot slower, not in one go like it usually would. Which means there is much less of a rush (if any) compared to just bombing 60mg of amphetamine.
Makes sense. So I should probably stop trying to compare it to what I know lol. Maybe not having a “rush” is a good thing since I really do want to just take it how I’m supposed to. Maybe I just need a little stronger dose for chronic fatigue. Thanks for replying!

Once tolerance created it tends to stick. Maybe a week or two of lower tolerance but then you're back where you left off. Your DOC was meth and adderall will not come close to that level of stimulation. Plus you are hopefully not IVing which is a huge factor and good for you!

That doesn't mean it will not help. It will just never ever going to be like it was with meth. Even if u used meth not aderarall. Take care and great job on getting clean!

Once tolerance created it tends to stick. Maybe a week or two of lower tolerance but then you're back where you left off. Your DOC was meth and adderall will not come close to that level of stimulation. Plus you are hopefully not IVing which is a huge factor and good for you!

That doesn't mean it will not help. It will just never ever going to be like it was with meth. Even if u used meth not aderarall. Take care and great job on getting clean!
Thank you so much! If I’m being honest I definitely think that’s what my brain is trying to compare this too. And no, def not IVing, just orally! Lol

It sounds to me that the medication XR Adderall is working for you. It’s suppressing your appetite and while you can sleep you are not falling asleep uncontrollably. It does not have to have a euphoric effect for it to be a beneficial medication for your two conditions.

It’s like stimulants for most people with genuine ADHD, the correct dose just gives them a normal level of focus and concentration without any ‘fun’ drug effects like euphoria. I’m not sure what you are worried about? Do you want to have fun stimulant drug fun or do you want effective treatment for your appetite and your fatigue?

I want it to be effective treatment, which you’re right, it is. I guess in my mind I assumed since I haven’t done anything in Over 2 years I would feel *something*. But honestly it’s probably a great thing that I don’t. As simple as it is, I def needed to be reminded that I don’t have to be *high* for my medicine to work. Thank you!

I want it to be effective treatment, which you’re right, it is. I guess in my mind I assumed since I haven’t done anything in Over 2 years I would feel *something*. But honestly it’s probably a great thing that I don’t. As simple as it is, I def needed to be reminded that I don’t have to be *high* for my medicine to work. Thank you!
I’m the same with dexamfetamine which I take to relieve ADHD. I don’t feel anything fun from it at all, even if I take a slightly higher than prescribed dose. It just works and I don’t try and abuse it. If I want to get fucked up I go get some meth. When I’m done with that I go back on my script for Dex and it treats my ADHD fine.