• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

To stoners/ex-stoners-how long did it take u to feel more normal after quitting?

Symmetrical Daze

Bluelighter
I want to take a month off at least, i wonder if i will feel much different. i have been smoking fairly heavy for 4 years, and quit 10 days ago. i dont feel any different yet, much. lungs feel a little cleaner(seriously)... i still have trouble with thinking and memory.

never. i was quit for a year and a half after years of mostly daily use. i didnt feel any change other than being able to sleep and wake up better. my memory was still shoddy. it could be from other drugs, but the fact is that i didnt notice any difference. im sure it varies for each individual.

Hang in there buddy , marijuana has not been proven to have permanent effects on humans (besides lung damage). I quit just over a month ago , and I am just now starting to feel a little better. With marijuana , it takes time , and a lot of it. If you actually want to feel cleansed , then don't do any other drugs , either.

I repeat , hang in there , as the urge to smoke will certainly arise. Want your brain back ,? I do .......

I have to agree with chrissie. I honestly don't feel a psychological change when i take breaks from the green. I use heavily; probably once/twice a day.

i quit almost 3 months ago and i haven't noticed any improvement in anything. of course there could be an improvement but i just havent noticed it. i haven't done something then said 'wow i never would have been able to do that if i kept on smoking'. of course it's better that i quit, i know that, but its very hard to tell if you've changed in any way.

i feel a bit smarter after i've been clean for a week or two, school seems a lot easier, but that could be because i'm so lazy when i'm on pot
smoking weed sucks energy out of me... but i still love it

3 months minimum

But then it took an entire year off from smoking the stuff before i felt in control of shit again.

I am definately not 100% recovered from the dulling effects that it has but I would say now im about 80% better.

it's probably because i don't use barely any other drugs, but i usually can feel positive effects of quitting after a week or two. i usually smoke for months on end and then give myself a break for a month or so. i usually make myself quit after i can't form a sentence with more than three words without fucking it up, so when i can talk normal again, i see that as an improvement.

rehab sucks :)

I stopped smoking pot about 2 and a half months ago. I'm still pretty lazy, still procrastinate, and find that my short term memory has improved. Short term memory loss wasn't too extreme anyway while I was smoking pot for over 2 and a half years. Personally I can deal with not remembering what i was going to say, or had just said, once in a while., and often found it amusing. :)
-kb

I smoked weed for 2years straight and iv finally quit. I havent touched weed in like 4months and i still dont feel like my normal self. I think it takes a long ass time (like a year) for ur natural THC lvls to get back to normal.

I smoke once or twice a week, one bowl only. So I would not consider myself a heavy user.

However, after about 2-3 weeks of not smokeing, I start really getting well down in the dumps. Honestly, mood swings, just feeling like life sucks..... Just odd stuff, example finding a dead bird is enough to make me cry. Normally, that doesn't happen.

I'm pretty sure, that my past XTC had something to do with all this. I don't do X anymore, been about 2 years but if I don't smoke pot for a week or so, well it's almost like that "morning after" feeling you get after a good night out rollen.

So, I havn't quit. Now, my use doesn't affect me otherwise. I have a good job, I pay my bills, etc..etc. All I can say is, it helps me stay "Balanced"

Jay

the last time I stopped for an appreciable length of time was christmas of last year... didn't touch a spliff for over three months, and now, only very occasionally, like every other weekend I'll have a night off and get a couple of grams.

I found myself sleeping better, thinking quicker, all that, within a month of stopping. I think I'm at a nice happy medium at the mo... the day after having a big smoke I'm a bit of a fuzzy mess, but normally, day to day, I function perfectly.

Re: rehab sucks :)

kbee said:
I stopped smoking pot about 2 and a half months ago. I'm still pretty lazy, still procrastinate

no offence, mate, but a lot of people blame weed for laziness and procrastination... even when I was going through a couple of grams a day (of good hash) I still had my day job going, did some extra-curricular graphic design work, had a bangin social life... you just need to exert a bit of control

even if I have a couple of days break I feel the difference... I'm hyper active, more focused and think quicker...
I've been smoking weed for 10 years. A couple of days is my longest break during the last 5 years.
I don't think I'll ever quit smoking weed, except for serious health problems...
I love being stoned... always and too much... and my job and lifestyle allow me that luckily

Short-term memory imporved 100 percent after a week.

Yhe insomnia, I'm afraid, I am stuck with forever.

^^^

Odd, after 3 weeks my short term memory went to shit... and talk about feeling tired. After 2 hits, the next morning I woke up and felt 100% better about life. I'm ready to get some work done and in a great mood.

Jay

Yes Nowonmai, obviously I'm not blaming the weed for my laziness. I'm certain that I am lazy in general, as my clean time shows that I still have low motivation. I too had held a job, went to school, and had a social life while 'under the influence' many many times%).

i dunno...

i've smoked haze everyday for the past 2 years..and i have a job where i make a fairly decent amount of money, :p am working on my business (e-learning), and producing music ( i just sold my first beat 2 months ago..hehehehe!)...

and i smoke like a chimney...u gotta see it to believe it. i average around 4 blunts a day...prolly 1-2 on weekdays...and i don't even smoke dro...i'm on that next level 'haze' stuff.

i feel tired and lazy sometimes...but that's because i work so damn much. i kinda want to quit though, cuz i can only imagine where' i'd be if i did. also, i've been smokin for a long time so i'm starting to feel burned out, a bit paranoid...but i'm mostly paranoid about me looking tired and worn out all the time....cuz i'm only 28.....and i should be lookin all vibrant and all that good stuff.....

also i personally believe that decades of pot use leads to some kind of insanity...it MUST after reading all these stories on this board. people say oh, i love it to death...but are paranoid, lifeless shells of the people they once were...

i just dont' understand it...wouldn't that make u want to quit??

Last edited: