View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

To move or not?

.Felix.

Bluelighter
Hello pd. Many psychedelic drugs, if not many than all, come with some sort of body high/ load. I find though that sometimes moving around will create a sort of motion sickness and at other times just laying around creates tension in my muscles. Was curious what you guys do, especially on phens.

Going to be taking higher doses of 2c-e again soon as well as some t-7 and I could never decide wether to get up and explore or lay down and meditate for a better body feeling.

It really depends how you're feeling at that time, at least IME. I can move about usually only after I have finished peaking, unless it's a low dose, and I must not be suffering from any motion sickness type feelings i.e. nausea, vertigo, etc. I do like to explore when on psychs., it's wonderful, but their are too many variables, not least of which are the substance used and the dose taken, which alone could decide weather you'll be sitting in one spot for the entire trip or being able to walk about or dance the entire time. Sorry, the question is just too vague.

During the comeup on most phenethylamines I like to stay in one place as this usually helps prevent any nausea/motion sickness. But once things really get going I prefer to walk around, stretch, etc. in order to channel the body tremor into some kind of physical activity, lest it all turn into muscle tension.

But really, it depends on the context.

Walk about a bit would be my preferred method - however it can depend upon where you are - smoking dope can help with 2CE nausea - according to my missus anyway

^ I tend to agree on the dope smoking. Plus it can really catapult the visual aspect of 2C-E to incredible heights.

It usually just depends on what im on or what I feel like doing. But when im coming up I prefer to lay down and listen to music, and then after I peak then I like to walk around and explore, escpecially go outside.
If I am feeling sick on the come up I find that it makes it worse to think about it, it helps to do something to keep your mind off how you are feeling, and then before I know it I feel fine again.
Have fun with the 2ce

with 2ci i took it and layed back in a chair talking to friends and was coming on strong at 20 minutes then i got up and start moving because i usually feel like my joints are rubber or something it feels like im weightless and just walking perfect. the body load's just a good feeling moving around same exact thing with mushrooms with me and no nausea with either

I've had a few 2C-I trips where I felt most comfortable spending 90% of the trip wrapped in blankets and barely moving. Especially as I've become more used to its body load, more recent 2C-I adventures have been more active; the same nervous energy that made me want to sit tight before now compels me to explore, or at least to want to walk around a bit and _do something_. Aside from making an effort to be in good health the day of a trip, I think set and setting are primarily responsible for this difference, at least for me. I definitely remember being surprised after my first couple -I trips to read reports of people hiking, biking, etc. while taking it; the only psychedelic I've tried with so little body load that I would feel completely comfortable taking it in an outdoor setting like that is LSD.

After the onset it doesn't matter so much for me. I remember one time when I was trying to make a smoothie after peaking on aMT and insufflating amphetamine and IMing a moderate dose of 2C-E at the same time. I'm willing to bet that never in the history of humankind has creating a smoothie from start to finish required so much mental and physical effort. It became a test, my icy fruit drink gauntlet. After finishing I stood there sipping, nauseated, lightheaded and trembling, but above all triumphant!

I dont usually experience nausea on tryptamines/phenethylamines, which is pretty odd I guess. Meditation always feels like a good idea throughout the experience but I can never concentrate on one thing for too long. So I'm usually up and walking around searching for stimuli.