Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Tinnitus + Stim-use

tyrael

Bluelighter
this refers to a question proposed by thestudent in another thread, carried on into a new - more appropriate - one....

Hmm that's interesting! (IME I'm not really a fan of MDAI - personal choice but I found it a bit, umm, "mild". Anyway....)

I know that benzo W/D's (from chronic use) can cause tinnitus (by which MOA don't ask me how! lol).

However for MDIA - to simplify things lets break this down into a stimulant and an empathogenic . Now afaik ( from an educated guess and limited readings =D ) the tinnitus is caused by the stimulant (portion), or more perceivably the hypertension caused by this. However I've also found (non-sourced, non-reliable lol) that - being a stimulant (surprisingly caffinee continuously comes up. Probably because it's the most common stimulant available I guess) - it also includes the stimulations of the CNS and circulatory system components, including the auditory pathway leading to an excitation of the cilia. ( ? ) :\

Unfortunately all the information only states "don't do this"-kind of paragraphs without actually going into explaining the pathophysiology of why. Also, it's getting late so I'm off.

Edit: I'll suss it out properly on the weekend with actual, reliable sources! lol

Last edited: