• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Timeline for lowering tolerance?

Faded47

Greenlighter
I have always tried to stick to weaker stuff for years, mainly did a couple hydrocodones a day, then a little oc's sometimes.. but ended up getting fake oxys and that messed everything up for me. Spent the past month or 2 with H and fentanyl.

Im on day 3 of subs now, which im done with tomorrow, and wondering how long it will take to get back to where ill get a full high from 15mg oxy again.
I would love to get back to taking 2 or 3 10mg hydros a day. But Im assuming id have to be sober for a month or so and i probably wont do that.

It's different for everyone but obviously the longer the better. A few days to a few weeks probably, all depends on your current tolerance, usage patterns, length of time using, your own specific reactions that we can't account for, etc

For some people tolerance never fully resets. It goes down but never all the back down to like it was in the beginning.

Also, after you do get your tolerance back down it will very quickly shoot right back up when you start using again. It won't be like in the beginning where it slowly built up. You'll also discover that physical dependence will happen much quicker then the first time too.

Appreciate the response. Yeah I have noticed that over the years. Im not totally sure but seems bupe is alot stronger than hydros and they usually do absolutely nothing even 4-5 days after i take suboxone.
Decided to look for some tramadol as i know from personal experience its something i can take while still continuing to lower my tolerance to oxy/hydro. Probably wont find any though ?‍♂️