• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Time to wait between shots of heroin? (new user)

blueskies565

Bluelighter
Hey guys I have today for the first time injected heroin (IV). I only did a tiny amount for safety reasons (like maybe 8mg) and since I had already smoked a bit of it and I am now enjoying a very nice high. I don't think this is the full experience I think i definitely need a higher dose for that, I only have minimal euphoria and am not nodding. I am unsure however how long to wait between shots? I want to get a nice, more intense high on my next shot but I also want to minimise the risk of me overdosing or throwing my guts up. Any advice would be appreciated.

Also I expect there will be some people simply advising I don't shoot, I know it's dumb but I'm going to do it anyway. I know your just doing the right thing but I would hugely appreciate some harm reduction advice rather than being told to abstain. Thanks guys.

To get a proper rush your going to want to wait minimum 4 hours, recommend 8 hours.

I'm going to assume you're dependent even if it's an 8mg shot. If that's the case BTH lasts about 8-12 hours if the dope is good and enough is done before you truly get sick. 4-6 hours if you have a lot of dope available or cannot conserve it for a decent rush.

Always be smart; know how to do a proper IV, Never reuse a needle even if you miss a vien and did not shoot your dope you should still use a completely new rig; most addicts will not do that and pull out and try to find another spot. Never apply heat if it's BTH and remember YOU CAN ALWAYS DO MORE BUT NEVER LESS. Get micron filters if possible, and alcohol swabs... Lots of them.

Also always gauge the potency of your dope by smoking or snorting a small amount just to be safe. I'm 19 and know too many people dead from this. I overdosed on .3mg of the best Dope I ever had when I was used too .4-5mg shots. Narcan was used... Stay safe and be smart! Educate yourself as much as you can on proper IV drug usage.

In time the effects will last for a shorter amount of time and you'll be redosing more often, it's pretty unavoidable for this class of drugs. Try to keep your tolerance as low as possible for long as you can by avoiding redosing if you don't need it. Once you start redosing opiates when you've already got a sufficient high going on things can become quite dark. Tolerance is the enemy of opiates.

It is actually quite harder to OD when you've stacked it up in a 24 hour period--I think most overdoses were from taking too much at once, not from the entirety of redosing smaller amounts throughout the day. Always do a test shot if you can to gauge how strong the product is if you can be patient. Don't beat yourself up for making the choice to IV.. it can fuel the habit/addiction over time. These things happen lol. Enjoy this time period as much as you can but most importantly stay safe! The good ole days are right now. I definitely recommend finding naloxone spray to have in your arsenal just in case anything goes wrong one day. You can never be too cautious with how variable heroin is these days.

Last edited:
Looking back I was so wasteful when I’d get heroin. I’d shoot up like 10+ times per day and only feel the rush/good part on the first blast. Sometimes not even that because I’d be so faded from the day/days before.

This is also why my best memories of highs were always after being in withdrawal for a bit.

-GC

Looking back I was so wasteful when I’d get heroin. I’d shoot up like 10+ times per day and only feel the rush/good part on the first blast. Sometimes not even that because I’d be so faded from the day/days before.

This is also why my best memories of highs were always after being in withdrawal for a bit.

-GC

The world of opiates is a limited resource of pleasure whether one wants to accept that or not lol. It's only good for the first year or two. You'll still be getting high after 2 years, but the euphoria and mental thrill turns simply into a body high and their charms seem permanent lost.. Even if you're clean for a decade and return with ultra low tolerance it's just never going to be the same again.

Pretty sure 99% of opiate addicts were wasteful so no need to beat yourself up ;) You just want to keep staying on the up... but it's so detrimental to your tolerance and mental health to never land back into reality. It also makes withdrawals more appalling beyond words than that I can type on an online forum. Tolerance is really something to perpetually fear and keep in check... It's miserable being chained down to a substance like a slave that you can't even feel anymore just to not feel soooo sick. When you're high all the time slowly the people close to you disappear over time and you can't seem to figure out why. It's easy to not realize how different you are when you're under the influence.

Last edited: