• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Time to give it up

Prettyboy12

Bluelighter
Hey all. My roomate and i were talking and we both are tired of being a slave to this demon. Today we will buy our last G of H then do our best to stay clean. I know we can do it so long as we both keep each other accountable and encourage one another to live a sober life.

Last edited:
Well, ill tell you from experience its almost impossible to do the last shot or hit or whatever, if its not good enough you will want the last one to better than it was and if its really good you're not gonna want to stop one way or another its a bitch. But some things that can help you are gabapenton loparamide and good old keeping hydrated, not sure if you can get on suboxone where your at but thats how I kicked it I walked into treatment and never looked back.. its a bitch man but I promise you it is worth it.. going from being broke and sick to having money and feeling like you can actually live your life and shit. You gotta keep yourself accountable or you're asking for an excuse to fail . I wish the best for you both I really do

Well, ill tell you from experience its almost impossible to do the last shot or hit or whatever, if its not good enough you will want the last one to better than it was and if its really good you're not gonna want to stop one way or another its a bitch.

I second this.

You might relapse but don't get down about it. The vast majority of people do before they ultimately get clean, IME.

Hey all. My roomate and i were talking and we both are tired of being a slave to this demon. Today we will buy our last G of H then do our best to stay clean. I know we can do it so long as we both keep each other accountable and encourage one another to live a sober life.

Also, might be a better idea not to work together. When you inevitably split up.. You may not have the experience to talk yourself out of using. Another thing is if one of you relapse, chances are so will the other.

But hey, you two live together so it's probably hard to avoid each other. There's some positives to working together, too, but I'd say just don't depend on each other.

REMEMBER, please remember. If you're off and clean for weeks, you can't just go back to the same amount you did prior. Even a week may cause a difference and could end up in tragedy for you or your friend. You CAN do this. Just be careful if you slip. We're here.

It’s not easy but you can do it. I’ve stayed away from H since December 2, 2012. For me, I had to go to a facility to detox. It’s what I needed. I had tried suboxone but ended up selling my scripts and buying more H. I tried methadone but felt it was just as bad and had me spending the first 2 and 1/2 hours of my day, everyday, at the clinic. I tried NA but total abstinence will never work for me. I took a huge dose of LSD, and long story short, called a rehab the next day. I was able to go for free. Detox was miserable for the first week. Next 2-3 weeks will be a lot better but you’ll still feel rough. After about a month, I started feeling powerful. I kept thinking about the nights I’d drive all over the place to get a fix so I wouldn’t be sick at work (when I still had job). The times I’d be a bitch; beginning, pleading for a front. The times I ran into friends/family when I was homeless. All the things I never thought I’d never do. Then realizing that I don’t have to go there. For the first time, in a very long time, I wasn’t wondering how many doses I had and when/where I’d be able to get another. It made me feel incredibly powerful. Whenever I am struggling with life, I think about how I overcame H and feel like I can overcome anything that’s thrown at me. I harness the power. Today, I use kratom and weed to help me cope with the anxiety that the H used to silence. I didn’t use it while detoxing but I’m sure it would help. I don’t want to brag about my life today but I’ll say that I’ve been more successful than I ever thought possible. Harness the struggle and use it to empower yourself. That’s the best advice I can give. Good luck friend.

Well, ill tell you from experience its almost impossible to do the last shot or hit or whatever, if its not good enough you will want the last one to better than it was and if its really good you're not gonna want to stop one way or another its a bitch. But some things that can help you are gabapenton loparamide and good old keeping hydrated, not sure if you can get on suboxone where your at but thats how I kicked it I walked into treatment and never looked back.. its a bitch man but I promise you it is worth it.. going from being broke and sick to having money and feeling like you can actually live your life and shit. You gotta keep yourself accountable or you're asking for an excuse to fail . I wish the best for you both I really do
Thankfully my last shot wasnt good and I went to detox then rehab after 4 days in detox. If itd been a good shot ID have likely not went.