• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Time to come clean, antidepressant question

ToroRoma71

Greenlighter
Hello all, I have a question regarding anti depressants.

I have been self medicating a lot of my life with alcohol, two years ago I switched to
Kratom and Poppy Pod tea one a week.

The krater has kept me off booze and I really enjoy the Poppy tea.
I know how dangerous poppy tea is and don't want to get hooked.

Since I am self medicating maybe there is a good drug that can do a similar job without resorting
to the above.

Can anyone make a suggestion.

I personally tried nearly every SSRI/SNRI and a handful of T-ADs. Many did not work, some had nasty side effects, some got me WAY too activated, some knocked me out for 24 hours, and in the end none of them really did anything good for my depression except make it worse. Then one day Viibryd came along. The first thing I noticed was the WAY shorter list of side effects. So I decided to give it a shot. Oddly enough it worked, and it felt like it started working the day day I took it. I mean it does not kill all depression, none of them really do, they take the edge off it, and make it maybe 20% better. You still have to work on issues in your life they don't just suddenly disappear by taking ANY kind of medication even if you try to use opiates as soon as you are sober the problems are still there, you just are not dealing with them. At least with ADs they leave you with the ability to work through the problems yourself or even better with a therapist.

I was a non-believer in these things until I started Viibryd, now I realize you just have to find the right one.