• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Time it takes for valium dependency

After oral administration peak plasma concentrations are reached in 1 to four hours. Drug elimination follows a biphasic pattern, with a rapid phase (half-life = 2 to 3 hours) followed by a slow decay with a half-life of 2 to 8 days.

That is a long "half-life", so respect the medication. Use it for what it was prescribed for, but there is no need to follow multiple doses a day like most doctors would prescribe.
Use the long "half-life" to your advantage, you will have extra tablets if you taper off diazepam comfortably.
If you plan ahead you can turn your "concern" into a positive approach to eventually resolving the underlying issue you are taking the medication for in the first place.

Trying to find quick answers to the underlying issue/anxiety will just cause more stress which isn't worth it with Valium especially at this early stage.

It's a long "half-life", use it wisely and good luck.

Oh that sounds scary. Well, I didn't have any yesterday or today, can't see that I will anymore either. I have them split and quartered and won't take more than a quarter of one IF I feel like I even need one.

yes, that's the way. quit now cold turkey and, IF you re massively overwhelmed (very unlikely in my opinion), do a half or quarter. seriously, you'll be fine though, maybe some insomnia and nervousness for a week.