• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tianeptine Free Acid vs. Sodium and Sulfate

If my tianeptine sweet spots are: 130mg (sodium) and 225mg (sulfate) what is the equivalent for free acid? Also, what do these terms really mean (chemically speaking)? TIA

Free Acid for me is often a bit finicky with its dosing, I think related to its varied rate of absorption in the body depending on various factors. I mean all oral drugs are affected by things like stomach ph, stomach contents, etc but I noticed quite a bit more variability with my Tianeptine Free Acid dosing then with I did with either sulfate or sodium. Sometimes it’s kicks in fairy quickly and strongly other times it’s like it absorbs so slowly that I hardly notice the effects. Some people don’t respond as well to Tianeptine Free Acid either, and some people respond well; I’ve always really liked the Free Acid version myself, it normally kicks in a bit stronger and quicker than sulfate. So it’s a good mid point between sulfate and sodium in terms of potency, duration, intensity of effects, etc.

Having said that, I would expect that you’d need to dose somewhere between your typical sodium dose and sulfate dose. It’s hard to say exactly as it isn’t always as linear and consistent between people’s personal experiences with Tianeptine. Considering what your dosages are at for sodium and sulfate then I’d recommend you start FA somewhere around 150-175mg, this may not be enough (I’d wager you’ll probably need closer to 200mg) but it will depend on a bunch of variables I cannot account for (for example if you need to dose all the time to stay out of withdrawal it’s likely you’ll need more than 175mg if 130mg is your typical sodium dose). But you’re better off starting low and working up to find your dosage with FA due to the unpredictableness.

Tianeptine withdrawals, from sustained high dosing, is awful. Most people probably already know that but just in case you’re unaware I figure it’s worth mentioning. I’ve been a daily user of the stuff around nine years now. My doses these days are small now and I’m only taking it now because I benefit greatly from the effects but for many of those nine years my daily doses were quite high only because I was avoiding hellish withdrawals. I won’t lecture just making sure to throw the warning out there.

Free Acid for me is often a bit finicky with its dosing, I think related to its varied rate of absorption in the body depending on various factors. I mean all oral drugs are affected by things like stomach ph, stomach contents, etc but I noticed quite a bit more variability with my Tianeptine Free Acid dosing then with I did with either sulfate or sodium. Sometimes it’s kicks in fairy quickly and strongly other times it’s like it absorbs so slowly that I hardly notice the effects. Some people don’t respond as well to Tianeptine Free Acid either, and some people respond well; I’ve always really liked the Free Acid version myself, it normally kicks in a bit stronger and quicker than sulfate. So it’s a good mid point between sulfate and sodium in terms of potency, duration, intensity of effects, etc.

Having said that, I would expect that you’d need to dose somewhere between your typical sodium dose and sulfate dose. It’s hard to say exactly as it isn’t always as linear and consistent between people’s personal experiences with Tianeptine. Considering what your dosages are at for sodium and sulfate then I’d recommend you start FA somewhere around 150-175mg, this may not be enough (I’d wager you’ll probably need closer to 200mg) but it will depend on a bunch of variables I cannot account for (for example if you need to dose all the time to stay out of withdrawal it’s likely you’ll need more than 175mg if 130mg is your typical sodium dose). But you’re better off starting low and working up to find your dosage with FA due to the unpredictableness.

Tianeptine withdrawals, from sustained high dosing, is awful. Most people probably already know that but just in case you’re unaware I figure it’s worth mentioning. I’ve been a daily user of the stuff around nine years now. My doses these days are small now and I’m only taking it now because I benefit greatly from the effects but for many of those nine years my daily doses were quite high only because I was avoiding hellish withdrawals. I won’t lecture just making sure to throw the warning out there.
Thank you! I took sulfate few times a week for over a year. Recently got into the habit of sodium daily and def feel WD kreeping in. Im only a once-daily doser so its not hell but its not fun. Got some free acid just cuz thats what was available and am tapering off

I'm assuming that 25 mg is a good safe dose for a beginner of the sodium salt. True?
What is a good way to visually estimate that? One which would err on the side of caution. If I have false starts until I get it right, that's fine.

I'm assuming that 25 mg is a good safe dose for a beginner of the sodium salt. True?
What is a good way to visually estimate that? One which would err on the side of caution. If I have false starts until I get it right, that's fine.
dont visually estimate anything. get an MG scale. 25mg is the suggested "therapeutic" dose but recreational use starts at 100mg at the very least

dont visually estimate anything. get an MG scale. 25mg is the suggested "therapeutic" dose but recreational use starts at 100mg at the very least
I knew someone would say that.
What would be a good way to visually estimate a dose of Tianeptine which one would know to be very safe, say 25 to 50 mg? One erring on the side of caution. Then one could play with that.

What would be a good way to visually estimate a dose of Tianeptine which one would know to be very safe, say 25 to 50 mg?
I know with phenibut a little spoon comes with it and it seems to be 500 mgs leveled. Never had tianeptine but maybe it comes with a measuring spoon?

You know you will get this answer on a harm reduction forum brokedown. :) Milligram scales are a must when weighing such small amounts. Knowledge is power.

Tianeptine is something I decided to skip. Too unknown.

I know with phenibut a little spoon comes with it and it seems to be 500 mgs leveled. Never had tianeptine but maybe it comes with a measuring spoon?

You know you will get this answer on a harm reduction forum brokedown. :) Milligram scales are a must when weighing such small amounts. Knowledge is power.

Tianeptine is something I decided to skip. Too unknown.
Yeah, I know. ;) But, if 100mg is a dose, then it's not such a small amount.

I was figuring I might try small amounts visually, not redosing, and work my way into knowing the compound. I'm hesitant myself. I know, not recommended. what was the quote I just liked? "If you're going to do something stupid, be smart about it."?

I have a (supposed) 300mg scoop with my Phenibut. Hmm. I think they do sell even smaller scoops online. Lemme go look

I only tried tianeptine twice. OTC at a tobacco shop. First time was tianna green. 5 capsules. I felt great. Next time was tianna red and I felt nothing at all. Each time was a week apart too. Then I read that the OTC stuff is always hit or miss because it's not prepared very professionally. I'm gonna try ordering the actual stuff. I see you say here that 100mg is a good recreational dose. I'm the type of user who can do exactly what i just stated. I can enjoy it once a week without getting the crazy habit I'm reading some ppl have experienced. Are there any good threads listing reputable vendors and if allowed, could you or someone recommend one?

. Are there any good threads listing reputable vendors and if allowed, could you or someone recommend one?
We don't have any threads about vendors because it's against the rules here at BL.

But............you can message a person and ask them for recommendations as long as you keep it private between the two of you.