• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Tianeptine + duloxetine interactions

favriel

Greenlighter
Skip to the 2 points for TL;DR...

Hello! This is my very first post on here and i wondered for some time if i should put this into harm reduction or neuroscience and pharmacology but i decided for the former so correct my if i'm wrong. also i've searched for the answer to my question for a long time but haven't found any specific answer for my question including much else about ssri/snri's and tianeptine co-administration in general either so i decided to make my own thread about it.

I am taking duloxetine (precisely 60mg at morning if this information is essential) and am also prescribed tianeptine, which i unfortunely use the shit out of for recreational purposes usually within 190-500mg range (yes fuck me) and wanted to know if there is still some possibility that it would have unpleasant results bc of interaction (even though as i've understood tianeptine is neverthless not an ssre - but then again i've also heard that it's only stated that way by "doubting it's ssre mechanisms" so i'm still not 100% sure whether it is for certain that it's not an ssre)... And i've also heard if i can remember correctly some statements about duloxetine's (and possibly many other if not most ssri/snris')
inhibition of these enzymes that convert tianeptine into whatever results in it's recreational effects/mu agonism/whatever exactly (pharmacology is still not that clear and comprehensible for me unlike for many of you)

So.....

1. Do you have any information about duloxetine blocking tianeptine's recreational effect by inhibiting some of the neccessary enzymes in your liver or by blocking someway else the serotonin's action/mechanisms having fun in your brain caused by tianeptine to make you feel euphoric?

2. Is still any chance of serotonin syndrome (even if it's not an SSRE could there still be any chance of duloxetine's and high (200-500mg) doses of tianeptine's interaction causing SS)? AND if by any chance tianeptine still could be an SSRE could this have a pretty likely result in serotonin syndrome?

Additional details: also what makes me wonder about these two thing's interaction is that yesterday i took only 87.5 mg of tianeptine which is recreationally a very low dose for me and i wasn't expecting pretty much anything compared to what i usually expect but ended up feeling pretty decent within 25min after administration (kinda felt like i had took 160-170mg) of tianeptine) and today i took 190mg and after exactly one hour another 190 mg and wasn't feeling much anything after like 3-4 h when i finally started feeling extremely mild effects (still significantly less from what i felt yesterday when i only took 7 pills which is 87.5mg)

Thank you for your help which i would very much appreciate, i like you cool bluelight people

Welcome to Bluelight !!

1) Duloxetine inhibits the liver enzyme CYP2D6 which is necessary to metabolize drugs like codeine and DXM to the active metabolites. I checked Wikipedia and it doesn't look like tianeptine needs to be metabolized to work.

2) Don't know :)