• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tianeptine Addiction My Story/Your Story

ICDATTCWSM

Greenlighter
Tianeptine Sodium/Sulfate Drug Withdrawal:

Beginning: How it got started
End: How I'm Quitting

First of all I want to say that this thread is intended to help others and get your story out or provide advice for anyone in here who needs it. Please do not judge, criticize, or try to bring anyone down but don't hesitate to be brutally honest if you think your advice/information you post is necessary for providing help to anyone here who needs to hear the truth.

Ok I want to start off by saying I personally have been addicted to opiates for about 5 years. Everyone who starts off by getting addicted to opiates usually has a pretty similar story but for me it all started many years ago when I broke my hand and obviously got prescribed painkillers to relieve pain. Long story short I got Vicodin and I loved the way they made me feel so I sought out to buy whatever amount I could get my hands on. I was addicted to Vicodin for 2 years or so... Got on suboxone because my doctor said they would stop withdrawals. And they did. Until I stopped the suboxone and experienced even worse withdrawals than the original addiction I had from the Vicodin. I was on subs for 3 months... Stopped that shit as soon as I could and literally got back on Vicodin just so that I could take them for a couple months then attempt to stop them by tapering because I knew the withdrawals weren't as bad as the subs. About 6-7 days of hell later I did. I stopped the Vicodin cold turkey and I was sober for about a year until...

I discovered KRATOM online. I purchased some. Like any opiate addict I guess the reason I can say I started taking Kratom after being clean for so long (just a year but for me it seemed like a long time) was because I guess I just got bored with my life. I loved the KRATOM because it is a very moderate opiate... An opiate nonetheless, yes... But still an opiate. I started off taking very little amounts because it really did alleviate stress and gave me a very chill feeling when I came home from a long day of work. It really was a great point in my life at the time that I was taking small amounts of KRATOM. I was working hard, going to the gym, had a great social life, I even met my current girlfriend while I was taking moderate amounts of KRATOM. That girl means the absolute world to me and to have somebody in my life who I love and would do absolutely anything for is a blessing. When we get deeper into topic later and talk about overcoming withdrawals you will understand why it is so important to have a support system and God has truly sent me an Angel in the form of a beautiful, loving, caring and understanding woman that she is. I can't stress enough how important it is to open up to someone and let them help you through these struggles that opiate addicts go through each and everyday. Quitting opiates isn't possible on your own. So please, whether it's a family member or a friend or boyfriend/girlfriend... Open your heart to them and spill out all your feelings/struggles with your addiction. You'd be surprised how willing people are to help you if they truly love you. ANYWAY... back to the KRATOM....I was confident, happy, had little anxiety (which I had suffered from in the past), I didn't have panick attacks anymore (which I also had in the past), and I was just very content with life in general. I left my shitty job and pursued a better higher paying job which I still currently am employed at. Life was good. And just to be clear... KRATOM is an opiate... Yes. It's addictive. But... I promise you withdrawals from KRATOM are a breeze and they don't last very long. I remember one time my KRATOM actually got stuck coming through customs so my shipment was delayed by 2 days. I went through some RLS and slight insomnia at nights like any other opiate WDs may cause but those 2 days later by the time my shipment came I actually was clear of withdrawals. My shipment came and since I had no intent on quitting KRATOM I kept taking it because like I said it really helped me in a lot of ways. The goal of this whole thread will be to only rely on Kratom and completely get off of Tianeptine sodium. In the future if you want to quit Kratom it will be a walk in the park. Kratom withdrawals are a breeze compared to any other opiates out there. WDs usually only last about 3 days or so.

And then one day...

A friend (whom I wish I never met) introduced me to TIANEPTINE SODIUM. He gave me a little sample to try. It wasn't a lot. But I was curious. And now looking back I wish I never would have tried that shit. I was instantly hooked. A lot of people when they get high from opiates have specific hobbies that they enjoy doing while on them right? Well my hobby was Xbox. Haha don't laugh but I used to love playing Xbox and taking opiates. It was like my getaway. My escape from reality, free from any stress where I didn't have to think about anything I could just get high and disappear from my problems.

Tianeptine Sodium: If I could describe my high from this stuff I'd say it's like the equivalent to the very first high I ever got from Vicodin. Obviously on my Vicodin binge years back you build tolerance over time and it just doesn't have the same high as time passes but it eventually gets to a point where you need to simply take it to function. With the TIANEPTINE SODIUM it was like I was taking Vicodin again for the very first time.

Not good! Not good at all!

I instantly became hooked and am still currently hooked. Obviously like any new drug you don't have that initial tolerance so I didn't really have to take much to feel its effects. Initially, I only took my dose after work when I wanted to unwind. Then it escalated. I started taking it during work. I was happy, confident, talkative, stress free... I had it all. I thought it was this miracle drug. I knew it couldn't be good for you but my subconscious didn't want to do any research to find out more about the drug. Whatever the side effects were... I didn't want to know.

Months passed... My tolerance rose so I obviously started taking more in search of that euphoric opiate high. My subconscious thought I was happy but deep down I knew I was in denial. I was taking 2 grams a day. For those of you who know what the recommended dosage is... You know that 2 grams is a lot. I didn't care though... Until one day i ran out because all the online vendors I ordered from ran out of supply. I was unable to order any.

Tianeptine Withdrawals: I can't even begin to tell you how depressed I became when I started to withdraw. I was extremely fortunate that I ran out on a Friday because if I were scheduled to work on weekends I would've never made it in. I seriously like couldn't get out of bed. It was absolutely brutal and in comparison to Vicodin or KRATOM withdrawals it was 10x worse. Thank God I had some KRATOM left over to combat some of the opiate WDs symptoms like RLS and things like that or I probably would've had to go to the ER. My mind felt like it was in a deep fog and I was literally an alien from another planet just walking the earth in utter confusion, unaware of any of my surroundings. All I could do was lay down. I had complete insomnia at night which was the worst because my body was exhausted but I literally could not sleep unless I took a lot of KRATOM. From what I hear, Tianeptine Sodium has very similar withdrawals to HEROIN. I made it 5 days cold turkey without taking anymore Tianeptine sodium but I was taking KRATOM whenever I needed it and as soon as the KRATOM lost its effect I had to take more and more. However, I did end up ordering more and have consistently been taking about 2 grams a day for about 4 months now. I want to quit. I want to quit so badly I just want to feel normal again. Tianeptine has really lost its effect on me and actually I've become depressed over the last month instead of actually feeling it's anxieletic properties anymore. I want to quit because I want my old life back. Not to mention this stuff is getting so expensive I just can't afford it anymore.

****PLEASE ANYONE READING THIS DO NOT EVER TAKE TIANEPTINE SODIUM. IT IS VERY DANGEROUS****

So... Let's work together now! Post any advice you have that you think will help anyone struggling.

How to safely quit Tianeptine Sodium:

- Listen, I made it 5 days quitting cold turkey. I know I could've quit if I just kept at it. But here's my philosophy on how to quit. This is what you'll need:

1. KRATOM - the KRATOM is an absolute must. Check out [no sources] for good prices. I know there's a ton of different blends but any blend will suffice.
- directions: Take as much as you need to kick withdrawals. You won't feel 100% if you still aren't getting the Tianeptine in your system but you will know when you've taken enough KRATOM to be able to relax.
2. Tianeptine Sodium/Sulfate: check out [no sources] or the best prices.
- I know what your thinking. "Wait I thought we are trying to quit this stuff"? Right? I know I know. And we will. But I strongly believe that you need to taper off. So take your KRATOM and then take as little Tianeptine as possible until your withdrawals are gone. Just make sure it is less then what you normally take. Everyone reading this takes a different amount so it depends. You'll know what that amount is. The goal is to taper off completely. This may take some patience but I firmly believe with what I went through during those 5 days of hell that a taper with lots of KRATOM will be more effective. Cold turkey from Tianeptine is too difficult although you may give it a try just MAKE SURE you have KRATOM on hand.
3. Imodium AD
- Just trust me it helps and will prevent you from that feeling when you think your about to crawl out of your skin when you can't get comfortable
4. Fruit Pectin
- go to Walmart and look for jam powder. There's an isle with jam jars. Buy the "Ball" brand. Take as much powder as you need but a spoonful should be perfect. This completely eleviates the restless leg syndrome you'll get. There's something about the pectin that does the trick. I usually got bad RLS in my hips more than i did my legs. But that uncomfortable feeling you get from RLS laying in bed will really be alleviated from this product. Most people take Fruit Pectin for joint pain so you can understand why this will work for RLS.
5. Lots of water
- It is important to flush toxins out of your system. You want to be over toilet as much as possible.
6. Ejaculate
- Sounds weird I know but it's necessary. Your brain needs to trigger it's endorphins and make more seratonin. This has always been an important part of recovery and this was something informed to me by my doctor actually. I know you won't have any sex drive or urge to do this but make yourself ejaculate at least twice a day especially during the peak of your WDs
7. Hot warm baths
- Get some Epsom salt to sprinkle in the tub and help your muscles from soreness. Baths/Showers were something that I took a lot of. And I mean a lot. I was taking probably 5 or more baths a day. This always helped me get comfortable when I needed to lay down and relax. I found it easiest to attempt to fall asleep about 10-30 minutes after a bath when I tried to lie down. Any longer than 30 minutes you might get uncomfortable again but if you do take some more Kratom.
8. Steam room/sauna
- I know this is may be hard to find for some people but the more you sweat the more toxins you release from your body. Afterwards you will feel great. If you can't find a steam/sauna go exercise
9. Benzos
- if you can find a couple benzos it will help you sleep but don't trade one addiction for another. Tame yourself
TIP: If you can't find benzos I know it may seem impossible to sleep. Taking lots of KRATOM before bed is crucial. You don't wanna be waking up in the middle of the night. If you cant sleep don't force sleep upon yourself. You'll make yourself go crazy and just get more uncomfortable. The key I found that works for me is to try and stay awake as long as possible. Your body will shut down eventually and you will naturally dose off

I made this thread to help anyone in need who is going through what I've gone through and what works best for me. I really want to kick this drug. I've been tapering over the past month and have moved from 2grams a day to 1 gram a day in about a months span. I know that sounds like a lot still but i think I'm headed in the right direction and I pray anyone else who took the time to read my novel (I know it's long AF sorry lol) can experience positive results leading to sobriety.

F*** Drugs am I right! Thanks guys and God bless. I'll be checking in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey what's up I hope you are doing okay. I am currently taking high amounts of Tianeptine. Same story, opiates to subs to kratom to Tianeptine. Thanks for making this thread it has been very helpful to me. The Jam/pectin sounds like a great idea and it will be awesome if it works, I have never been successful trying to battle RLS. That and the insomnia is too much for me it drives me crazy. If you check back let me know how you are doing and hopefully we can make it through this stage of agony/insanity.

Chemically it's a TCA but it binds to opioid receptors so it's a synthetic opioid.

Unfortunately I relapsed. I know I know. Not good. I am determined to quit though. I have a very positive mindset now. My urge to quit is extremely strong now especially knowing I just can't afford buying Tianeptine Sodium anymore. It's gotten so damn expensive. My rent is $1,000 a month plus I was spending $180 a week on tianeptine. I've got credit card bills now that I know I need to take care of so for me, the money factor will help me strive to getting clean. I am at 3g a day and I'm tapering right down to 1g a day. It's been tough. Like really fucking tough. I don't know if I should tell my Dr. that I'm taking tianeptine to see if maybe he can give me a temporary benzo to combat WDs or if I should just use the KRATOM to combat WDs. Any advice? Eventually im gonna take a week off of work to detox but idk wether I should use KRATOM or benzos to help me get through it. Or both? I just dunno. I know the hell I went through went I detoxed the one time because there was a tianeptine shortage. I didn't want to it was sheerly accidental. I do have anti depressants that I've been saving to make sure my seratonin levels don't drop drastically when I detox. I didn't want to mix anti depressants with tianeptine considering they are similar. Any advice? Is anyone else going through this? Please help me. Seriously if anyone sees this post please God help me get rid of this demon they call tianeptine sodium

Tianeptine, though it causes peripheral opioid like effects, is not primarily an opioid. Its antidepressant qualities are what make the withdrawals so crippling. If you were prescribed it by a doctor, he wouldn't have let you CT it. It can be dangerous. You should try a quick jump down to 500mg or less on a weekend to have some time to adjust. If you come clean to your doctor, which I think would be the best bet, he could give you a low-dose antidepressant plus maybe a few subs so you could jump off. Fluoxetine (prozac) has such a long half life that, like subs, you could take it and quickly taper for ~2 weeks and then only have mild withdrawal symptoms. Because you are on such a massive dose of tianeptine, the doctors likely won't have a clue what you're going through so you may have to explain.

Either way, I think switching to a long-acting AD with either a little sub or lots of kratom (for 2 weeks MAX or you will just prolong the process) would be very helpful. Who kows, maybe the anti-depressant alone will be what you needed to stay happy and avoid anxiety/panic (SSRIs and SNRIs are indicated for both issues very frequently depending on the specific drug) without the burden of opioid tolerance and dependence. I would recommend some sort of support group like rational recovery or 12-step based programs too, as they can provide you a place to discuss your concerns, see people who have succeeded in beating severe addictitions, and maybe even some friends to be sober buddies with.

Good luck, stay strong, and try not to relapse or increase dose (not a problem if you switch off it to a regular AD) as it will start everything over (for me, using while in W/d or paws basically sent me to square one again)

See I didn't know that. I thought that the opiod aspect of Tianeptine was the stronger part of it. I actually have Prozac at home... Last time I experienced WD's I didn't use Prozac to combat it. Like I said I've been saving the Prozac because I didn't want to mix the two... So you think I should start taking the Prozac while continuing to taper off the Tianeptine for no longer than 2 weeks than only take the Prozac (KRATOM optional)? Is that what you're getting at? I appreciate the input, really I do it's a big help. As for support groups I've been thinking about that or simply just seeing a counselor. I can't afford to miss more than 1 week of work. I'm so scared of WDs like seriously I psych myself out so much

See I didn't know that. I thought that the opiod aspect of Tianeptine was the stronger part of it. I actually have Prozac at home... Last time I experienced WD's I didn't use Prozac to combat it. Like I said I've been saving the Prozac because I didn't want to mix the two... So you think I should start taking the Prozac while continuing to taper off the Tianeptine for no longer than 2 weeks than only take the Prozac (KRATOM optional)? Is that what you're getting at? I appreciate the input, really I do it's a big help. As for support groups I've been thinking about that or simply just seeing a counselor. I can't afford to miss more than 1 week of work. I'm so scared of WDs like seriously I psych myself out so much
Good to hear from you today, I am trying to taper off Tianeptine as well. The WD's are very difficult for me to handle and this is extremely tough. I had no idea how strong the wd's would be. I was doing around 10-15 grams a day, now I am down to about 7-8. This is the worst position I have ever been in. I wish you well and good luck and hopefully we can beat this shit and get it out of our lives.

my first dosage of coaxil ( tianeptine ) 12,5 mg a tab X 4...GOOD, euphoric feel, content ( also i was a little down that day so yeah )...lasted 2- 3 hours. next day i took 6 tabs, thats 70 mg...kinda same, but weaker maybe...had some Js as well ( as well the first time )...3rd day i took 100 mg....felt not so much, just a little bit more less calm...would say my first experiment with this SSRE in a situation where mood elevation is needed fast, then 40 mg will do that for me...expensive stuff here imo to take it regularly and start using it daily.
i liked it for the immediate depression relieving and anxiolytic effect with maybe some very little opiate like feels. kinda like weaker pure codeine . that's what i can share about my experiment...will take again if feeling down more than usual.
one of the best antidepressants with abuse potential, if ppl know what it is and how it works when to take it to get high...which is a bad idea in my opinion.

Perhaps now that you know some of the additional facts about it, you should edit your original INSTRUCTIONAL and INFORMATIONAL post so others don't have the same problems? It's not as helpful as originally though and could even be dangerous for someone to withdraw as outlined.

wouldnt binge on such a drug very few is known about potential long term toxicity or gene changes
The substance seems shady to say the least

Thanks for starting this thread and sharing your story. I myself seem to be falling into tianeptine abuse as well. I've been taking 'only' 150mg/day the last couple days and am already feeling a strong pull. Being that I have struggled with various opioid addictions for about 6 years and thought I was out of the woods but that thought brought me to this situation.

Good luck and keep us updated!

I have some Tianeptine sulfate. It was recommended for wds from Phenibut which I'm hooked on. I was to take it occasionally as part of a program.

So my question is how many days should I space my doses out so I don't become addicted. Let me tell you I have no intention of doing that after being addicted to phenibut and opiates. I have to use this responsibly and I will if I know the safe way to use it. Can anyone help me out with this?

I knew it! I thought I felt the usual opiate high when I took this med. in higher doses of course, you get the usual opiate warm feeling. Opioid users will know what I'm talking about.

I started taking a compound called Tianeptine which at first I would take very small doses maybe 12mgs every 3 times a day. Then after a week my tolerance grew so I doubled my dosage. When I wasn't on it for the first couple months, running out was no issue. I wouldn't exhibit many signs other than restless, or tired, irritable and thirsty or hungry. Again my tolerance was raised so I doubled that dosage. Going from buying 5g to buying bulk of 10g plus. After a few more months I was taking about 1g-3g per day(whilst working two full time jobs so I'm up 20hrs of the day). This was just to maintain everything that it had given me not to get high or feel high cuz it didn't make me feel High at all it made me focused and happy and motivated and euphoric but more so when I was on it than off it.
Here's where the Hell begins. My order got messed up and backdated for a while so I HAD to go without plus I was planning on tapering with this last order I had coming. It didn't work that way I ran out Thursday night and Friday was my first full day without.
The Tianeptine withdrawal process is at day one, I went from taking over a 1-3 grams a day in four hour increments to having NOTHING, I'm so irritable I can't hold my tongue AND I've become raging and a complete worry wort wanna dissapear. Body starting to sweat uncontrollable amounts and getting severe hot flashes and cold chills and feeling extremely anxious and somewhat delirious like a cannot function or concentrate properly, need to move legs and body constantly, cannot sleep at all.
Day 2 is awful feeling every flu symptom x200 everything from aching body to weakness to stomach cramps headaches feverish chills and hot flashes constant I can't find A normal temperature, I have taken nothing to help the pain,going to by kratom to help combat feelings and try to sleep without sneezing and coughing uncontrollably.
Day 3 of Tianeptine withdrawal, I'm shitting uncontrollably, dry heaving and my body still aches everywhere, feeling delirious and nauseas. Stuffy runny nose, flu symptoms, headaches, restless legs and body everything aches and my stomach is in constant knots , anxiety and depression at all time highs. Still cannot sleep more than 1-4 hours without waking in pain , need this to stop asap. It hurts all over and I can't take it anymore by i have to make it through, was prescribed 50mg seroquel to take twice a day,also bought Imodium, ibuprofen and kratom to help we'll see how it works by tomorrow.
Day 4 Awoke at 6am, still feel achy and very ill and drained and have a pounding headache but that might be from the kratom and seroquel and lack of sleep and liquids, I slept for 4 hrs straight though from 2am to 6am which is an improvement. My restless legs are subsiding a little bit seems like everything is at half of what it was. Except my weakness and body aches which are still present and prevalent . I am very cold and then very hot still. But still less than yesterday, will check back in afternoon. Still need to try and sleep more. I awoke at 11am from the most vivid dreams and again feeling aches , pains lethargy, anxiety and overall drained needing to run to the bathroom from diarrhea. Still sweating crazy amounts and hot and then cold and very irritable. I can't stomach much food but I'm hungry. I do have pretty severe cravings for tianeptine right now and I have a package coming that is the reason why I went through withdrawal was from the ups messing up my ship dates a while back.
I believe God intervened for a reason and made it so I would have to deal with this withdrawal and feel the pain on my own. I am tempted to take the couple of grams I ordered a while back when it gets here just to make myself feel "normal" again and to have some energy and open mindedness but I am terrified to feel these same withdrawals again plus I don't wanna lie to my wife. The time is 11:30 and it hasn't arrived yet and I am still going through somewhat heavy withdrawals, still unable to fully focus, it's taking a lot out of me just to write this on my phone. I'm extremely emotional (easily cry at anything sentimental) Hoping things get better and knowing I can do this if I put my mind to it.
Pain is temporary and weakness leaving the body. I feel like a zombie but I agonizing pain with constant flu symptoms x50 now. It's slowly getting better with time and fluids.
Rea woke on 4th day at 12 with everything back from chills to sweat to flu symptoms(stuffy nose, sneezing,cough,headache pounding) stomach aches and am hungry but getting nauseous at thought n smell of food, restless legs are back for some reason. My shipment of Tianeptine arrived around 12 and I almost took some but I held my ground/willpower and didn't give into the extreme temptation of feeling much better "right now" with the help of the same thing that's making me feel this way "right now". I am going to rest some more and try and play a game of watch a movie to relax. I can't express my discomfort or pain fully in words it's unlike anything I've ever experienced before.
This seems and has been said to be Worse than any pill withdrawals, cocaine, alcohol, coffee, heroin, OxyContin or any other opiate/drug. If I had known the severity of adverse reactions I would've never taken the doses I was for the time that I was. I'm not a normal drug user or abuser. I found Tianeptine gave me peace of mind and always kept me level headed no matter what situation arises. It made me more empathetic and sympathetic and kept me focused at optimal levels while on it. I could speed read while taking it and comprehend anything that i read in a matter of minutes. Then again I have a somewhat higher and faster brain functioning and cognitive functioning to achieve a cognitive resonance than a lot of others so that part might've been a placebo effect. I STILL felt amazing when I took it and horrible when I didn't. It overloaded my brain with serotonin and dopamine and attached to my opioids receptors which made me content no matter what the environment or situation. I will find a way to achieve that and access that part of my brain naturally so I do t exhibit these symptoms ever again. I miss the "T" like anyone would miss something that made you feel like a million bucks times 10, but I will NEVER EVER EVER go through these withdrawals again!! I will not put my body or my family through that draining and painful stress ever again, it's not worth it. I can do this, i can beat this and I will train my brain to be high on life, just like my wife!!

Damn dude that was powerful. I had to read the whole thing because I've been through it as well. T as well as other opiates.

Im going to be a couple days short on my suboxone, again, next week, so my monkey brain is saying 'get some T it will fill the hole quite nice! And it is cheaper and legal compared to the alternatives. I guess I could rationalize it as an acceptable use of it. Like the expression goes, you are either on the boat or off the boat. If you go back and forth between the two you will definately get 'seasick'

wouldnt binge on such a drug very few is known about potential long term toxicity or gene changes
The substance seems shady to say the least

It's a pharmaceutical which has been through clinical trials, there's way shadier drugs out there than this.

That said, grams a day is obviously not a prescribed dose.

I've used 40mg-150mg and did not feel anything recreational from this. Don't want to go higher than that so I'm leaving it.

It is an effective antidepressant though. Even though I felt no high, I was calm and fairly happy after taking it whereas I was depressed and anxious beforehand. It stops me craving benzos too, because I'm just not anxious anymore.

I was Just planning on buying tianepine today/within the next for therapeutic purposes.

Now, regarding the whole hydroscopic thing of the sodium salt... Is this a really big issus with the sodium salt as most online vendors have been selling this version version and nobody has been selling this for quite some time and nobody seems to have complained about it... Read what this says about it.

So, will this get ruined as I continuously take it out to measure it? Because the sulphate is quite expensive compared to it? And I'd rather get the sodium as that is the pharmaceutical version.

Last edited by a moderator: