View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Throwing up on DMT

fractal fountain

Bluelighter
Yesterday, I smoked DMT for the first time. Within 5 Seconds of exhaling, I found myself coming up really hard and threw up fairly quickly.

How common is puking when you smoke DMT? Is it mainly people who do it for the first time and find it too intense?

My dose was 70mg. Almost seemed too intense for me.

its probably due to impurities, ive smoked quite a few different batches and none of them made me feel sick at all apart from one. made me feel very sick shortly after exhaling, it also felt kind of dirty and something was wrong about it

a few hours ago i smoked DMT for the first time. smoked a VERY small amount id say 20-30mg maybe. but i definitely understand what this stuff is all about. of the 4 of us smoking i was the only first timer, and my friend did bring a trash can in the room. i dont think it was for puke but just mucus that we were all hacking up. after my second hit i did get a bit nauseous though like motion sickness, it quickly went away and i didnt puke. however IIRC 'the purge' is part of the traditional oral DMT experience, so it might be common.

I always spit after smoking a hit. Part of the reason is because of the bad taste and the second reason is because I'll kinda drool, I'm so out of it in the beginning
Yes recrystallized, higher purity material is not as harsh.
Pharmauasca did made me hella nauseous for a long time, no puke, but I'd taken too much harmalines.

I've heard of someone puking from smoking it before, but I'm no cookie-tosser

whenever I smoke DMT I end up spitting in a sink for some reason, not consciously either. I never get nauseous though, doses usually 50-100mg. I usually take a massive hit and before I know it everything is turning different colours and I don't even have time to think about getting sick. The only way I know that I spit in the sink is that I smoke it in my bathroom and have weird memories of entities being with me while water falls out of my mouth, maybe I'm just drooling. Not really sure since I usually smoke it by myself lol.

I personally find the taste just awful. I've never thrown up but I've felt like my tongue has the worst taste on it. I can't remember if I've spit or not though, its been a long time since I've smoked DMT. My last experience was last winter and I had a bad trip, my only bad trip before or since. I'm a little weary of it at this point but I'll experience it again when I'm ready.

Maybe I did actually spit, most of it seemed to be just liquid and no solids... It felt a lot like puking, but there was no smell whatsoever around the area I puked, but this was in a shed, rather than inside a house or something.

When you guys say Spit, do you mean just a single big spit, or a stream of saliva that comes pouring out?

usually a stream but it's hard to tell when you're in another dimension. I thought my mouth was a waterfall once but i was just drooling lol.

The last time I tried DMT I came up much faster than previous times and felt a little sick as well. I didn't end up vomiting but my mouth was really wet and I felt stomach acid coming up my throat. It was just so intense that it kind of threw me off guard..

I personally find the taste just awful. I've never thrown up but I've felt like my tongue has the worst taste on it. I can't remember if I've spit or not though, its been a long time since I've smoked DMT. My last experience was last winter and I had a bad trip, my only bad trip before or since. I'm a little weary of it at this point but I'll experience it again when I'm ready.

I don't mind the taste, and I enjoy the smell (prolly in a sort of fiendy kind of way) But I have never, not once had a bad trip on it, and for a while I was abusing it, doing 100mg here, 70mg there, multiple times a day for about two weeks

I don't see it possible to have a bad trip on DMT, or maybe I'm just dense,
I've had bad trips on shrooms

closest thing to a bad trip on DMT is when I start to get the "gods beating you down bro" feeling, this feels like god is punching me in the stomache over and over, making me nauseous, also slapping my face around a bit, and overall beating me up.

I've had friends puke, but only in combination with smoking harmaline with it. (yeah, it makes it more potent try it sometime)
I can always seem to hold down the nauseous feeling, and it feels more like being punched in the gut really, too bad youre so damn euphoric, it doesnt even feel all that bad.

I always notice the nausea/beating up feeling after I get down to like like 5th or 6th hit usually, as I dont take my DMT in one or two hits, because my lungs physically can't do it, and I wind up wasting the precious dmt (and burning my throat severely every time).
If I take hits once the "god beating" begins it seems to intensify.
Thought I've also had DMT trips without the god-beatings, and I actually think they may be from concentrations of 5-meo-dmt that may be present (as Mimosa Hostilis is known to contain 5-meo-dmt, and apparently it comes with the dmt in most teks)

Last edited:
70mg if smoked correctly is a huge dose of dmt!!

When vaporised 100% correctly 30mg usually is enough for most people to have a breakthrough experience...

Although i can see why alot of people need to double that up since dmt smoking technique is something takes a while to perfect.

I don't mind the taste, and I enjoy the smell (prolly in a sort of fiendy kind of way) But I have never, not once had a bad trip on it, and for a while I was abusing it, doing 100mg here, 70mg there, multiple times a day for about two weeks

I don't see it possible to have a bad trip on DMT, or maybe I'm just dense,
I've had bad trips on shrooms

closest thing to a bad trip on DMT is when I start to get the "gods beating you down bro" feeling, this feels like god is punching me in the stomache over and over, making me nauseous, also slapping my face around a bit, and overall beating me up.

I've had friends puke, but only in combination with smoking harmaline with it. (yeah, it makes it more potent try it sometime)
I can always seem to hold down the nauseous feeling, and it feels more like being punched in the gut really, too bad youre so damn euphoric, it doesnt even feel all that bad.

I always notice the nausea/beating up feeling after I get down to like like 5th or 6th hit usually, as I dont take my DMT in one or two hits, because my lungs physically can't do it, and I wind up wasting the precious dmt (and burning my throat severely every time).
If I take hits once the "god beating" begins it seems to intensify.
Thought I've also had DMT trips without the god-beatings, and I actually think they may be from concentrations of 5-meo-dmt that may be present (as Mimosa Hostilis is known to contain 5-meo-dmt, and apparently it comes with the dmt in most teks)
Man you must never have broken through on DMT! Or its extremely low quality/your wasting the majority when you smoke it. I abused/still do occasionally and 75 mgs of good DMT from a bong smoked perfectly, would blast me off almost everytime. Anything over 125 mgs was an assurance. I must have only had 2 or 3 bad trips out of 100's of great ones, but those that were bad, were bad! If you have the lungpower blast off with 150 mgs. If you can still clearly see the room in front off you/know what general items are, you've done it wrong IMO.

Yeah that's my problem, I can't choke down more than 20mg in a hit tops, believe me I've tried.
I even get to the point where my body says NO to the DMT and I force myself to keep hitting it,
The fact I cant seem to blast off sure does make my DMT trips last longer though, as everytime I regain enough conciousness I try to hit the bowl again.

And yes I know how to properly vaporize the DMT using the weed/screen sandwich technique.
a few people who refused to listen to me torched the DMT and broke through harder than I ever have
I'm sure I just have a heavy tolerance to tryptamines, as the DMT i was getting was very pure.

ONE TIME I managed to hold down .1 of jungle spice somehow, and I blasted off, had Alien beings toying around with my gulliver.

I've thrown up on dmt. I got space sick from traveling too fast through hyperspace.

Just had to add that I think it's kind of funny that the poster's username is 'fractal fountain'. Is that what you saw when you puked? Lol

Just had to add that I think it's kind of funny that the poster's username is 'fractal fountain'. Is that what you saw when you puked? Lol

Ahahaha I just noticed that too.
Funny shit.

Yeah that's my problem, I can't choke down more than 20mg in a hit tops, believe me I've tried.
I even get to the point where my body says NO to the DMT and I force myself to keep hitting it,
The fact I cant seem to blast off sure does make my DMT trips last longer though, as everytime I regain enough conciousness I try to hit the bowl again.

And yes I know how to properly vaporize the DMT using the weed/screen sandwich technique.
a few people who refused to listen to me torched the DMT and broke through harder than I ever have
I'm sure I just have a heavy tolerance to tryptamines, as the DMT i was getting was very pure.

ONE TIME I managed to hold down .1 of jungle spice somehow, and I blasted off, had Alien beings toying around with my gulliver.
Known people like this. Just become a vape expert. By the end og my major DMT use, I could vape 75 mgs in nearly one hit with the second picking up maybe 10-25mgs. Its all about technique.