• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Three day rule?

RowdyMic

Bluelighter
I’m about to relapse on roxy 30mg. I heard there is a 3 day waiting period to not get side effects is this true?

3 days waiting between doses, 3 days after you got off them? Not sure what you mean.

Either way it depends on your body chemistry and how much and how frequently you took oxy as to what side effects you'll get from a relapse.

Why do you want to relapse? If you're going through some shit we have the dark side forum where you can talk about it.

3 days waiting between doses, 3 days after you got off them? Not sure what you mean.

Either way it depends on your body chemistry and how much and how frequently you took oxy as to what side effects you'll get from a relapse.

Why do you want to relapse? If you're going through some shit we have the dark side forum where you can talk about it.
i dont know i guess its a 3 day rule if you use them one day i heard all you have to so is wait 3 days to do it... personally of thats the case then id wait at least 10 days tp stay safe for some HR

If you were already dependent on opioids and went through multiple withdrawals, even using one day with redosing (example from morning you wake up till you go to sleep) will lead to somekind of withdrawal like effect. It won't be the chills or bone ache, but it will bring out anxiety, bad mood and maybe fleeting insomnia. At least that was my experience when I would be clean for few months and than go full on one day with oxycodone or morphine. After 3 day of continuous use I would definitely feel the withdrawal. This kindling effect has been extensively explored here in other threads. How many doses/days you can take without suffering afterwards depends on your history with opioids and personal response (let's call it genetics).

I was a heavy user of heroin doing about a bundle a day (10 bags, never shot/plugged only snorted) and I’m planning on doing maybe 3 roxys today-tonight

I don't think that you are in danger of withdrawal but if you plann using every third or seventh day (it doesn't matter the timeline if you are repeating the pattern) you are running the risk of relapse. So, one time use will probably not give you noticeable issue but bigger problem is in question - then what? I'm not being judgmental just pointing the obvious that we all like to not see in situations like this. I hope it all goes well. Take care!

I don't think that you are in danger of withdrawal but if you plann using every third or seventh day (it doesn't matter the timeline if you are repeating the pattern) you are running the risk of relapse. So, one time use will probably not give you noticeable issue but bigger problem is in question - then what? I'm not being judgmental just pointing the obvious that we all like to not see in situations like this. I hope it all goes well. Take care!
yea im not taking them religiously and ive been off of them for about 5-7 years and i neve really have cravings. like id have a craving maybe like once every 2-3 months so. cant see one day of doing it being a probelm. id prob even wait longer before doing them agin.. maybe even 2 weeks. just worried about tomorrow.

yea im not taking them religiously and ive been off of them for about 5-7 years and i neve really have cravings. like id have a craving maybe like once every 2-3 months so. cant see one day of doing it being a probelm. id prob even wait longer before doing them agin.. maybe even 2 weeks. just worried about tomorrow.

Someone hera at this forum once said that, planning how to consume it is the first sign of the dark path.

I personally think 'the three day rule' with opiates is much misunderstood.

From personal experience, this is my take on it:

One day of use will require three days of abstinence before using again.

If you use for two consecutive days, you need to abstain for six days.

Three days of consecutive use requires nine days to be clear.

Etc.

n=3x - where n = the number of days of abstinence required to avoid repurcussions and x = number of days of consecutive use.

Good luck sticking to it... :D

I personally think 'the three day rule' with opiates is much misunderstood.

From personal experience, this is my take on it:

One day of use will require three days of abstinence before using again.

If you use for two consecutive days, you need to abstain for six days.

Three days of consecutive use requires nine days to be clear.

Etc.

n=3x - where n = the number of days of abstinence required to avoid repurcussions and x = number of days of consecutive use.

Good luck sticking to it... :D

For curisosity, If i used like this, On, Off, On, On, Off.

The next day I wil get a buzz? Its gonna be the last time I use it for a LONG. Will I get a buzz ? and will I get withdrawls from tramadol?

The brain remembers.

There's a limited amount of time someone can do opiates. Most people do not believe that... but if you took 10 years off heroin and relapsed--by the end of three days in a row you'll be amazed that your tolerance escalated already.

Oxy is safer than heroin because of the milligram count (and heroin's variability does not allow that)
. Heroin's variability makes tolerance control incredibly difficult. One day you might barely get high.. and the next one line of good dopie dope puts you borderline into an OD.

To answer your question: yes 3 days off of opiates makes it feel really good again. But your tolerance bounces back so fast I still can't believe it. Every time I relapse only the first dose feels amazing. Otherwise, I feel like the following doses don't cut it the way I wish. The withdrawal won't be brought fully by 1-2 days of use in a row. Definitely not. It takes at least a week of using daily in my opinion to bring back something familiar to "sickness." Opiate withdrawal does not return fully from one pill. More like 18 lol.

Yea I did 2 gonna do one more later on tonight.. I’m just worried of withdrawals and me fucking my life up again.. but if I can do it maybe once every week or two and be good that’ll be amazing. I’m on Zyprexa which blocks basically every recreational drug besides k booze weed and benzos. This is pretty dope!

Doing it once is not going to cause withdrawals, but your problem is going to be that once you go back there, you're going to have a much harder time not going back again, and again, and again. The longer I get clean from opiates, the easier it is to stay off. I did it for 5 years one time. Every SINGLE time I've EVER done any opiates when I'm off of them, I will pretty quickly spiral down into daily addiction. You get withdrawals MUCH easier than you used to. Every time you get addicted, it becomes even easier to get addicted again. I've been on and off so many times over the past 17 years. Nowadays, I can do opiates for one day, and if I redose more than once, I will feel like shit the next day. And feeling like shit makes it way more likely I will dose against, very soon.

Maybe you're special, but you're probably not. And if you're not special, then relapsing is almost for sure going to lead to being addicted and dosing all the time again, before long.

Good luck. I can't even tell you how many times I had the same thought process as you. "Maybe I can just keep it to once a week"/etc. Nope, never works.