• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

thoughts..reflections..of my Roxi 30 smoking addiction

R

rutherford p hayes

Im in my early 40's have a decent job....a regular contributor to the forums...im a proponent of responsible use of psychedelics.....

Ive been addicted to oxycontin and roxicodone for prob 10 yrs now.But now my addiction to smoking roxi 30's is just crazy.

Some people say "can u smoke em"?...isnt that a waste?...well yes and yes...but the high is relativly different than the other methods.....i find the initial rush doesnt last that long..but the buzz stays with you over a period of hours.

Tried the other opiates ...heroin..dilaudid..morphine ect ...they make you tired.....The little blue pills have become somewhat of a "crack cocaine" type thing for me...ill start out with 2 pills....smoking 1/2 a pill smashed into a dust on foil at a time...

Then by the end of the day/night.i will have smoked between 2 and 10 pills..This has been going on for awhile...i can just imagine what it may be doing to my lungs...

Its vert tricky the way it works....usually u get some type of hangover the next day...and the only thing that gets rid of that hangover. Is another pill ..

The psychological addiction that goes with it is incredible..id imagine the rush may be somewhat vaguely similar to iv heroin

Well the money issues..the just holding it together at work and home..is all taking its toll....i think it may be about time for outpatient rehab...its became a habit im finding very difficult to stop...i just figured id share my story........be well....rutherford

Hmmmm..... I mean ya it's probly killing your lungs so switch to eating or snorting if you can. Eating last soooo much longer than any other ROA, now I was a snorter then shooter, so if it can be shot, i'm gonna shoot it.But say Percocets, the high last sooooo much longer if I took what I normally did IV and just add a few more to make up for the 13 percent I was missing, and it actually ends up being cheaper because people usually dont price gouge Percocets... But maybe switch to snorting?? Do it for a while and see if you can get into...just don't shoot,never ends good.

I have to be honest I dont think this is a matter of switching ROAs. He was right on target when he said it is time to go to an outpatient rehab. I think that combined with either subs or methadone are going to be the answer to your question. I would type more but kind of in a rush today. There are a lot of good members here that can help Including screaming skulls. Fig and Tricomb are other great sources. Just take it easy and remember if you want it bad enough you can achieve it.

Oh, sorry bout that P Hayes, I've been on kinda large doses of Adderall since yesterday morning,musta been reading too fast and, well I don't how I got you just wanted to switch ROA's. Honsestly, I would suggest Suboxone and some kind of addiction therapy rather it be AA or just a group that meets, or an addiction specalist. I didn't do it, but I think it would have helped me more. I've been on Subs for Two years now, start calling around doctor's offices and see if the doctor does the Suboxone program. They have strips and pills, the pillls are generic. I have been on the strips but honestly wish I would have been getting the generic pills the whole time, even though it's not much of a price difference..There is rehab, but honestly I would try this first, Methadone honestly would probly get you just fuucked up since you smoke your Roxis honestly. Plus Subs are derived from Thebaine, which is what Oxycodone is synthesized from, so it has an energetic feel to it compared to Methadone...plus with methadone you have to go everyday for a while, not with Subs. Depends on the doctor but usually once a month, at one point I was just going every 3 months. And oh, if you do go on Subs, KEEP A STOCKPILE(but don't tell anyone you are) Most can get by on 8mg a day but they start you off on 16mg alot of the times. Unless it's really not keeping you well don't take the whole 16mg, just take 8mg, but don't tell your doctor, and honestly once you are used to it you could drop down to 4mg and have 12 extra mg a day....I'm saying this because it's just not fun to have to depend on your doctor like your dealer, or if something happens to the doctor then your screwed, or you cant get a ride to your appointment so now your just shit outta luck. Good luck, Let us know how it goes!

Edit: Thanks Mad Dash! I've never been reccomended to help someone, think I gave good advice.

Last edited:
I second everything written above. You've got a habit. Best to nip it now. I wish bupe was around when i was deep in it. My only choice was methadone, which I prefer but the UAs and daily drive to the clinic, travel hassles, etc... Make bupe a much more forgiving recovery method, forgiving as in not getting in the way of your life except a couole days to detox first.

With short acting opioids (and anything smoked) a weekend should be sufficient so you need only to be able to get to the doc early Monday and miss only that day at work if induction is completed properly. I'm estimating this based upon my experiences. I've had to make the switch just twice, once from 30-mg/day methadone, the other from a relatively quick taper off OxyCodone from 680-mg to around 100-mg/day (done over about two weeks, a month post-surgery.)

It's your best option that is going to be suggested here, that's my guess. Others may say self-taper... That's often very difficult.

Keep bupe (Subutex, Suboxone) in mind. Look for physicians in your area and really consider it.

If you're in the US and need help finding a prescribing physician, only certain physicians can prescribe bupe for opioid dependence, but there's a lot of them. Waiting time is from a few days/a couple weeks until induction to a long waiting list depending upon market conditions in your area: http://buprenorphine.samhsa.gov/bwns_locator/

Best wishes,, if you have more ?s about bupe, there's a mega-thread on this forum or hot me up by PM.

you are in the early stages of addiction from what i can tell. like others have said it is best to cut it out now while you are still ahead.

if you read through this thread http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/665970-Personal-Accounts-of-Addiction-What-s-Your-Story you will see a pattern in a lot of these posts. pharms>heroin>iv>misery... i am not implying that this will happen to you because there definitely are some people who can keep their use under control. you having said that you think it may be time for rehab is a huge step in the right direction and i think you should absolutely pursue it. much worst things will potentially happen if you choose drugs. anyways i wish the best for you and hope that all works out well.

10 years on oxycodone, I would say you're well and truly past the early stage of addiction, all due respect to other members above comments. It's all good advice though, subs maybe the answer but you also have a ROA addiction too imo, is there a chance you will try smoking subs? Perhaps switching to oral administration first and get yourself used to it this could have some merit. But imo you are a full blown addict. Just like me. Take care.

Ummm, I don't think subs are smokeable. Maybe for people with very low tolerances, but smoking subs would most likely not keep him well at all and he would get sick once the short-lived smoked high wore off for the rest of the day...I mean I've been banging my Subs(not reccomending AT ALL, my insurance is running out,pretty good chance I tested for benzo's and weed this time, after testing for weed 2 or 3 times already, so that's why I'm banging them now, so I can figure out what to do, which is probly gonna be methadone which I wouldnt stick that syrup in my arm unless I just didn't wanna inject in my life again). But just check out the Subs, there kinda pricey, but they have tons of savings things you can get. At the moment I'm paying 100 bucks for 30 8mg strips, when I was getting 16mg a day it was still 100 for 60 strips...i reallly wish I didn't say I would go down to 8mg(kept on getting asked to go down so finally did) shoulda asked to be dropped down to 30 12mg strips a month...woulda been a better deal for sure.

weigh all your options, but do quit the short acting opiates. Your quality of life will vastly improve over time. There are many of us here that are in recovery. It took me many tries to finally stop. I had to be completely ready and so fed up with the life I was leading that I was willing to do anything to just get away from it. Really do some soul searching.

The first step for me was detox. They will keep you moderately comfortable while you withdrawal.

Never even knew you could smoke roxie's. I always shot them up (when I was going through that phase) . I wonder how different the high is b smoking.