rate this film...

• [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/1star.gif[/img]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/2stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

LOGan1314

Bluelighter
Anybody seen this yet and if you have how was it? Has great reviews but I would like to know what you guys thought before I spend my money.

Last comedy I saw was The Internship...FUCKING HORRIBLE imo.

I haven't seen it yet, but I'll be watching it this weekend. I've heard nothing but good things about it and several people have told me that they haven't laughed that hard since they watched Superbad. Since Superbad made me laugh like a madman, I consider that high praise.

i thought it was good fun. worth the price imo.

and on the other side -

I was so excited to see this movie and (especially given the cast) expected it to be hilarious. Outside of the Michael Cera bits (which were hilarious) this movie was absolutely terrible. I found myself chuckling maybe once or twice. As with many mediocre movies you can pretty much watch the trailer, see all of the funny parts, and save yourself $12. This is coming from someone who absolutely loves crude humor and favorite movies include: Superbad, The 40 Year Old Virgin, Hangover, Knocked Up, etc. This movie doesn't hold a candle to any of them and the worst part is it drags on. The actual end of the movie pretty much exemplifies how terrible the entire thing is.

One of the other things I noticed is that I thought Jonah Hill was terrible in this movie. His role / part was just weird and not funny.

Taken from imdb

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1245492/?ref_=sr_1

nb. when i saw this a couple of months ago, there was no advertising. i'm also fairly unfamiliar with seth rogan or those comedies referred to in the above review (besides superbad).

i thought the concept in this film was cute and well played, there was nothing at all weird about it, unless you have cognitive dissonance from comedy based on a christian theme. the apocalypse is the literal christian one, so if you can take that as a part of the idea, you shouldn't have too much difficulty.

I haven't seen it yet, but I'll be watching it this weekend. I've heard nothing but good things about it and several people have told me that they haven't laughed that hard since they watched Superbad. Since Superbad made me laugh like a madman, I consider that high praise.

SWEET! Seeing it today at two...so excited!

what about it sucked??

this is one im wanting to take the time to see as the trailer looked somewhat decent and have been waiting for a detailed review from someone in here.

...kytnism...:|

Overall, it was good. However, parts of it were extremely repetitive (non-stop penis, ejaculating jokes). It was good because it was a different concept for comedies (them all playing themselves), but definitely not on par with superbad or classics like that. Don't see it with your parents (unless you never get awkward around them), I saw it with my friend Christina and she hated it and wanted to walk out lol.

I liked it alright. A bit crazy the change in pace. You almost forget what it is supposed to be about (disaster/apocalypse movie on top of comedy), then it hits.

I'd see it again with someone, but perhaps not again alone.

3/5-ish.

what about it sucked??

this is one im wanting to take the time to see as the trailer looked somewhat decent and have been waiting for a detailed review from someone in here.

...kytnism...:|

NSFW:
It just wasn't funny. Really immature humor. Cheesy at the end, with the whole ascension into heaven thing. I wanted to leave, but we carpooled.

Last edited by a moderator:
^spoilers, tool.

and just as i thought, so anti-christian you can't even make fun of it properly.

hahah, indeed i did. :D

just saying i reckon it's worth the five or fifty dollars movie tickets are worth these days, i have no idea. ;)

More usefully, do you think that it has enough action in it to justify a theatre view over watching it on my laptop?

ebola

Not really action. But it's good to laugh and giggle in a crowd.