• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Thinking on stop my heroin habit but i'm afraid of the withdrawal

sxh

Greenlighter
I've been smoked heroin in "low dosages" like a quarter of a gram everyday for a month nonstop and I want to quit but I'm afraid for the withdrawal symptoms and I dont know what do so I need some opinions of people with more experience. I'm an opiate neophyte my first experience was in april of this year. I started smoking one to two timer per weekend but then I went to everyday, gradually of course, this is the first time i've been doing it in this frequency so I dont know what to expect. Im a 22 years old male from mexico. I have a good metabolism, like to do excersise, yoga, MTB, and I try to eat the best I can, I don't like go to the AA or NA meetings, uhm, well.. I don't consume other drugs except alcohol and cigarretes too. ¿how or what do you recomend me to do? Last weekend took ayahuasca but i didnt get the lifechanging experience I was looking for, because of the fear I have inside or that is what I think didnt let me face the deeper side of my unconscious mind, but thats another topic. Thank you for comments, all of them are very well appreciated.

I am you, You are me. We are all one. One love.
%)

Any way you could taper? I hope some more experienced can post and help.

Mexico? Aren't tranquilizers like Xanax pretty easy to obtain there?

Tramadol is over-the-counter in Mexico as I remember too, that might be helpful.

Two and a half points a day is a decent sized habit for a smoker but it's not huge, you haven't had a long habit & you don't IV so I imagine that you'll be fine.