• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Things ain't what they used to be (user angst)!

vonSader

Greenlighter
Hello all.
I hope I'm posting in the correct place.

I've had (no "swim" my history is no secret) a Heroin habit for about 30/33 yrs. Way back at the beginning the pleasure I received was commensurate with the quality & quantity I used. I've never injected, my veins are too deep and I'm no vein-hound, so am not, and am not about to go digging when smoking did the trick.

I've been on a three bag a day habit for most of this time, with periods of weening myself off and staying clean for up to three years, but the wicked sister always call's me back. At present I'm using once or twice a week.

The past 3 years though, I have notice that I get very little, if any, resulting pleasure or sensation from smoking. It's all about the ritual. But I still do it, eyes open with no self deception. The reason for this post is to get some feedback from fellow indulgers. I get no 'high' at all anymore. Even when I use 5 bags in a row within a 45 minute period I still get nothing out of it, high wise. If a friend injects me I get some small remuneration but still very little, and certainly nothing like I once did.

So I'm left wondering what's going on? I know it isn't the quality as I have a circle of chums who have used for many many years and they all get high on the same stuff that does nowt for moi. This leaves me wondering what is going on.

Why can't I get high anymore? Why is it that I get no pleasure anymore? Does the body acclimatize to such a degree and is it common? Those are my questions. I relish the ritual and so continue, but I do miss the warm safety I used to experience. So why and how do I evince little physical pleasure anymore?

Educate me please.

Last edited:
its simply tolerance sadly. have u tried a different roa? snorting or plugging?? usually raising your dose isnt good advice but maybe it's to be considered

Just tolerance? Blast and fuckery.
And yeah, already there with bud, sadly hash tastes like shite to me.

Can't snort as bad sinuses so perm blocked nostrils.
Plugging tho? What is?
As to dosages, have smoked 6 bags in one smoke session and zero results.

Am on 19 different pills a day for various madness issues, but have been for over 20 yrs, so thru my once productive period. NB. Am on Tramadol, but seem's I'm in the small percentage that get's no "high" from it.

sadly hash tastes like shite to me.
You must be getting some garbage hash as quality hash tastes like afghan kush, but so much more fuller flavor. Seriously I'd choose a good chunk of water hash over bud any day as long as it's quality

By any chance are u on invega sustenna or risperdal? From what I've read these meds seem to kinda block dopamine and serotonin or something like that. People on those antipsychotics seem to have problems funding any pleasure in substances most of us get blasted off of...

Let me rephrase. I do not like the taste of hash, and don't like the stone. Speaking as a 35yr + smoker, so "tastes like shit" is a personal thing.
Also, I grow my own high-strain skunk, and it only works after a weeks+ abstinence, and then only for the first spliff or so,

Nope, none of those. As I said, my meds haven't changed for years and it "used to" work on them.

By any chance are u on invega sustenna or risperdal? From what I've read these meds seem to kinda block dopamine and serotonin or something like that. People on those antipsychotics seem to have problems funding any pleasure in substances most of us get blasted off of...

yea a lot of those kind of pills can block dope or at least make it less pleasurable.

Again, would that be in a rizla or...? and would a little water with the powder in a syringe up where the sun don't shine work?

Last edited:
NIH may be interested in studying you. They may be able to figure out what's going on with you. There may be some value in how your body metabolizes drugs. Just a thought...