• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos (thienodiazepine) Etizolam Megathread V2

[no]. I know this is borderline source discussion but it's important people are able to get off benzo-related drugs safely.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just left my doc's office with a script of Valium....I told her, look...I'm not trying to get high...I would literally need like 400mg+ to get high off of diazepam...then shes like...look, I've written you triazolam, temazepam and some other stuff...you gotta get off this stuff..it's just a band-aid...if you ever step foot in my office again seeking benzos...I'm going to blacklist you...sorry to be mean, but I'm only trying to help...here: take this and run to the pharmacy...make these pills last b/c you're not getting more...and don't tell me about your blackmarket websites where u can get anything..

You get enough to taper with?

EDIT: on a side note..
Anyone recommend or have experience using Kava to aid in etizolam (or any benzo) wd for a couple weeks along with the oxcarbazepine?

I'm really struggling with this.. im down to 1mg 4x day now (started yesterday instead of today) and last night vomited so hard i blew a couple blood vessels in my eyes. I was fine all day but like ignot said, it's the night that sucks.. but unlike them i ended up sleeping like a baby. Felt like shit when i woke up though.
I just dosed my 1mg for noon time a little while ago (a half hour early). I'm wondering if Kava would be a good or bad idea to either add to the mix or completely replace etiz and then wd from kava (which should be easier).

-HOOD

EDIT 2: just noticed i use parentheses a lot lol sorry if it bothers anyone.. bad habit i suppose.

Last edited:
Damn.. what does your Dr. expect you to do after that?
You should have told her you were addicted and wanted to do a taper plan and gave her your word you wouldn't ruin the taper.

Unless you still use benzos to get high.
I have no idea how high i would need to dose to get a "buzz" that isn't what i use them for though.

Are you dependant or addicted to them?

ehhh it's hard to say....if nothing is around, I can go without them...it's just boring though...but then like someone will text me that they have bars...and I'll be like...don't mind if I do...etizolam just...has never cut it for me. Actually two weeks ago I took 6mg of xanax and didn't feel it and got quite sad...

You should take the 6mg Xanax not working on you as a sign to cut back for a while IMO.

Benzo addiction is a road you dont wanna go down if you're not down it already.
I know you know that, but just figured i'd echo it for ya.

-HOOD

Last night sucked... And I only took Etizolam once at a low dose and still had my regular Valium dose to take. It didn't really hit me til around midnight but man was I feeling like crap until I went to bed this morning around 6AM!

I know I'm sensitive because I'm on a taper but damn.

Doctor gave me carbamazepine yesterday. Totally NOT happy because it means she can monitor my levels and make sure I'm taking the meds. Carbamazepine increases diazepam elimination so this should be fun.....

Best of luck to you with coming off Etizolam Hood, I don't really have any advice for this particular drug other than saying that Kava is generally contraindicated in benzo withdrawal because of its actions at GABA. That withdrawal sounds like it is going to get serious fast though, be careful. I'd say to go inpatient but that usually doesn't end well but they could at least get you over the acute phase safely.

ehhh it's hard to say....if nothing is around, I can go without them...it's just boring though...but then like someone will text me that they have bars...and I'll be like...don't mind if I do...etizolam just...has never cut it for me. Actually two weeks ago I took 6mg of xanax and didn't feel it and got quite sad...

. I was like that for about two years; I would pop 6mg and not get that "euphoria" I was looking for.
"I don't feel anything" I would repeat that for hours. And then the next day not remember shit. That's when I started buying 6 packs to BOOST/make the "bars" last longer.
As long as your not blacking out, your still okay. IMHO

To HOOD:
Fuck Kava; the taste of that nasty shit will plague your tongue/taste buds for weeks. After using it for three days and stopping because it would make me vomit; Random foods or thoughts would trigger the "taste" of Kava in my mouth for WEEKS. It was nasty as fuck. and honestly your going to have to MEGA dose. I never really felt Kava. I also tried that Kratom shit twice and never felt it, And I'm glad. I know your not trying to get "high" But I wouldn't even bother with Kava.

On a special note: When going through the acute withdraw phase, The last thing I recommend is browsing these forums. It's like having a fever and reading the symptoms on WEBMD. In my experience, when I stayed awake for 5 days on a 400mg xanax binge in the course of like two or three weeks It made it a lot easier not even knowing that I was withdrawing, I was just like "holy shit, I can't go to sleep, I'm getting brain zaps" I had no idea that Benzo withdraw could cause insomnia. I dunno thought I would share

Last edited:
You get enough to taper with?

EDIT: on a side note..
Anyone recommend or have experience using Kava to aid in etizolam (or any benzo) wd for a couple weeks along with the oxcarbazepine?

I'm really struggling with this.. im down to 1mg 4x day now (started yesterday instead of today) and last night vomited so hard i blew a couple blood vessels in my eyes. I was fine all day but like ignot said, it's the night that sucks.. but unlike them i ended up sleeping like a baby. Felt like shit when i woke up though.
I just dosed my 1mg for noon time a little while ago (a half hour early). I'm wondering if Kava would be a good or bad idea to either add to the mix or completely replace etiz and then wd from kava (which should be easier).

-HOOD

EDIT 2: just noticed i use parentheses a lot lol sorry if it bothers anyone.. bad habit i suppose.

Kava helped me sleep some during phenibut WD. And there is no WD from kava that I noticed and I took it everyday for a while. It makes me "too" chill sometimes, kind of the feeling of being extremely stoned couch locked but without so much of the mental high.

I actually like the taste of kava, it numbs your mouth a little and has an earthy, peppery taste. I never made drinks but I found in times of need, sticking a bunch in your lip like you were chewing tobacco had more effects than just eating it. Kratom taste far, far worse.

Listed dude, if anyone can honestly tell you how long your withdrawals are gonna last, they're fucking lying. Out of my own experience, after 6 months use i'd have been straight in four. After a years use if have been straight in 8. Shit even 2 and a half years i'd have been fine in about a year. After 3 long grueling years fighting that demon and relapsing in paws its going to be well over a year. My acute phase was 3 months. Not dick sizing all, just extremely pissed about this past year of insane torment that I have somehow endured and my psyche telling me to just take 2 for a couple days one for a couple days and i'd be fine in a couple weeks. Be safe, my advice would be stockpile as much money as you can and invest it ALL in eti or diaz and go slooooooooow as molasses in a igloo. I found out the hard way that you cant go back on and try to taper after a few months c/t. Do it once, get it over with, NEVER look back. Best of luck.

Pantaloons

EDIT

And when I say slow I mean slow. 5-10 percent cuts ever couple weeks to a month. The worse you feel while cutting the worse you'll feel when it's over. I could have saved time on my withdrawal with a slow taper.

stockpile as much money as you can and invest it ALL in eti or diaz and go slooooooooow as molasses in a igloo.

And then two years pass by and your still on the benzo train? I dunno I don't think it's bad advice, But "STOCKPILE AS MUCH AS YOU CAN/INVEST ALL YOUR MONEY" no fucking way.

perhaps i was exaggerating lol, especially if you're straight ballin. i'm still on the benzo train and went cold turkey a year ago.. was on 6 mg xanny/loraz a day on average about 60-90 mg diaz.. do the math. had i done 5-10 percent cuts a month and not went cold turkey thats a matter of months as opposed to kindling my brain and spending a year in misery. god i hate benzos.

dude makes a very valid point, once i read up on all the fuct up symptoms i had it made shit way worse. it was a helluva lot better when i was oblivious to the fact i was in withdrawal but then again after fucking myself this last time it was way more appearant that i was.

Tapering is still plenty miserable. There is no avoiding the penalty for benzo use at high doses, you either pay it off over a longer period of time with a taper or a shorter period of time with a rapid detox style taper but you pay the price either way. I've been tapering for almost a year now from 20mg of diazepam and I'm down to 7.5mg and no better than when I started the taper. Can't leave the house most days, severe DP/DR, brain for so bad that I can't remember what happened an hour ago... Physically it's rare for me to actually be in distress but the way my nervous system is fried, you would think I was running a 180 resting pulse all the time.

No matter how you do it, it's going to suck.

Thanks for all the input everyone.

Talked to my Dr today and got "permission" to do it as slow as possible, i thought he wanted me off it rather quickly.. turns out he just wants me off it and how i do it (taper) is up to me and ok with him as long as i end up clean at the end. I have comfort meds plus my regular rx's (listed them all in a previous post).
I trust him enough that i know he won't pull anything from me as long as im making progress.

So here's what im doing. I'm writing it in stone-
I was at 8mg/ day 2mg 4x day like i have echoed over and over lol sorry if it gets annoying.

I am now doing 1.5mg 4x day for a week,
Then 1mg 4x day for 2 weeks.
Then .5mg 4x day for 2 weeks.
Than .5mg 2x day for a week.
Than changing it to a single 1mg dose before bed for 1-2 weeks.
Than a single .5mg dose before bed 1-2 weeks.
Than nothing.
Ordered more etizolam to cover this taper, and i will stick to it like lint on denim.
You all (plus my psych) have my word, and like ignot, i will document it in here with updates every time i lower it.

It may be a rather quick taper.. but a hell of a lot longer than i initially planned so im happy with it and more comfortable knowing my Dr. isn't going to say stop it now or GTFO.

So i will need exactly 150 tabs to do it (if i counted right) i hope i did.
But ordered 25 blisters (of 10 of course) just in case i gotta stretch it longer.
This WILL be my last order. If this fails.. to detox/rehab i go.

-HOOD

Yeah i'm at a year and seem to be hitting the tail end. Sleeps getting better and what i'm going through now reminds me of early tolerance, benzo belly subsiding anxiety and that shoulder stiffness shit and sweats were some of the first thing I noticed. At least i'm on planet earth and a cigarette smells like a cigarette again. Yeah if you abuse a mind altering substance you pay the price, and to hood very good on you brother. Its a long tough road that many people have been down and its definitely worth it to be on the other side. Benzos hadn't got me high in years. Dont give up and tell us how it feels when its done.I myself plan on smoking pot like crazy when it gets to the point I can again to make shit a little easier and if its not complete in a couple months months I'm going rehab just to keep my ass away from it and ride it out. Hats off dude. Make it your bitch.

Based on the previous pages, tapering RIGHT NOW seems like a very good idea. You got this HOOD