• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

There is no easy way to make this title. A discussion about "meth fiending" as it relates to being a psychosis and my curiosities surrounding it.

Draygoes

Bluelighter
meth fiending. Not Meth Fiends, or being a Meth Fiend.
Hi all!
Okay, to start, I wish to state that this set of questions/statement is intended to be open ended, open minded, and to discuss the matter in question, fiending as it relates to meth and meth addiction. What it is not intended to do, is to insult any person or community, be they drug related or otherwise, although the question(s) is(are) aimed at the drug community as it relates to fiending. Light hearted discussion and honest answers are the goals.

I just learned about this thing that Meth addicts do called "fiending" What I learned it was is this state of psychosis that a meth addicted person goes into when they don't have meth. What I learned and understand is that it causes that person to become an entirely different person until they get their drug. This means that if you're a friend, family member, trusted dealer, ect... you're not safe from that person.
This is different from someone going through physical withdraw in that the person going through physical withdraw is still fully aware of who they are and who the person is that they are robbing.

Again, this is all my understanding of it.

So, why is any amount of money worth dealing to that clientele? Like, what can you possibly be thinking?
And for the people this happens to, isn't that horrifying? The thought that it can happen to you, and that you can end up waking up to learn you've done awful things?
Is this so uncommon that it's just not an issue? Apparently all dealers know about this and most have dealt with it, so it can't be that uncommon. And because of this, if a dealer is robbed by someone in this state of mind, it can be later excused as something that just "happens to us all."

Yeah, again, no disrespect. I'm asking these questions and opening a discussion with a general open mouthed expression. I'm impressed and very curious, and a little bit weirded out.
EDIT: Oh and to add to my question and the discussion;
What part or parts of my understanding of this thing are wrong? And if you would please fill me in and correct me on what I have wrong, I'd appricate it greatly. You will get a thank you for sure. :)
Also, is there more to it? Something more to understand? Do we have a deeper understanding of this? And are there any other conditions similar?

Last edited:
People fiend meth just like they can fiend anything else in the world. I have seen the worse alcoholics come into gas stations early morning, shaking to get their fix.

The environment, the reinforcements one can create in one's own head (we can either allow the Pavlovian effect affect us, or we can use willpower to control it), this all plays a part in how badly one is going to fiend something.

Meth especially. To date, it is still one of the top, most consistent, cheapest, potent product out there perfect for the busy-driven, dopamine-driven world, which being meth has a half life of roughly 12 hours, and actually WAKES you up unlike coffee....well...

People fiend meth just like they can fiend anything else in the world. I have seen the worse alcoholics come into gas stations early morning, shaking to get their fix.

The environment, the reinforcements one can create in one's own head (we can either allow the Pavlovian effect affect us, or we can use willpower to control it), this all plays a part in how badly one is going to fiend something.

Meth especially. To date, it is still one of the top, most consistent, cheapest, potent product out there perfect for the busy-driven, dopamine-driven world, which being meth has a half life of roughly 12 hours, and actually WAKES you up unlike coffee....well...
That makes sense. So would you call it "faking" that they are delusional? I speak from heroin withdraws when I say that you "Need" to get well but that never made me hurt anyone. I scammed people out of "Gas Money" but that was not what I understand "Feinding" to be.

That makes sense. So would you call it "faking" that they are delusional? I speak from heroin withdraws when I say that you "Need" to get well but that never made me hurt anyone. I scammed people out of "Gas Money" but that was not what I understand "Feinding" to be.
I mean, technically bro, your act of scamming for gas money is a small fiending behavior but a fiending behavior noneoftheless. No sense in denying anything. Our problems are all similar in many ways, only seperated by severity.

If scamming people out of gas money isn't fiending... idk what fiending is

There was a period of my life where all I did was park my car at a gas station and tell people I was out of gas.... within 4hr I'd have my $20 piece