• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Theory of psychedelics. Are they right or wrong?

Contingency is a very human trait. In reality I guess everything fundamentally happens according to the laws of nature, there is deterministic causality happening everywhere in a very unbiased cold way.
Intentionality is something possessed by organisms. They act in a way according to their will to do it, that is reason-giving. But it is a gross human error to attach patterns and reason everywhere we look, superimposing it even when it was never there before. Superstition and supernatural forces are conjured in our minds to cope with the occurence of events that are essentially empty in meaning. We are virtuous pattern-finders, and quite successful thanks to it, but there are times when we must admit the limits of the domain it applies to, approach our thoughts defaitistically and start unbridled experiencing.
Which is the exact reason I value Zen plus all brands of mysticism over other types of religion.

I think all those "places" and the "beings" that you experience on psychedelics are all creations of your mind on mind-altering drugs. This is just me though, I used to be all into all the crazy quasi-religious things that I experienced on LSD and whatnot, but nowadays I just trip just to have that amazing feeling in your veins. the feeling of LSD is uncomparable to anyhing else in the world :)

cheers all

i'm not sure who said it, but i heard one interesting trip report about vaporized DMT

he said he encountered the entities and then began to understand that they were just a test of his mortal brain. instead of trying to ask them pointless questions about the future, only after understanding that they were fabricated by his own imagination, was he allowed to blast off to the next level of hyperspace :)