• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Theacrine Experiences

G_Chem

Moderator: OD
Staff member
Got to try this substance yesterday and gotta say I’m impressed.

Theacrine, often called “Teacrine” (brand name) is 1,3,7,9-Methyluric Acid. It is a naturally found alkaloid in Kucha tea, and is an analog of caffeine.

From my research it is a longer lasting, smoother caffeine. And what I read was pretty much exactly what I felt..

Here’s my rough notes:

12:00- 95mg taken with food in gelcap

12:10- First alerts already, a bodily warmth and slight mood lift.

12:18- Very slight stimulation similar to caffeine. Similar feeling in the head as well.

12:30- Smooth stimulation not forced, slight bodily numbness/analgesia

12:48- Enjoyable feeling with less anxiety than caffeine.

1:10- Not sure I hit the peak yet..

3:48- Spent past hour and half getting a lot done while chatting with partner. Very productive after somewhat tiring comeup, almost too stimulated for current tolerance.

-Notes end here-

Around 6:00 I was still fairly stimulated which with caffeine I’d be down by then. Due to just finishing chemo I started to feel rough and needed to lay down.

Laid around until 9-10 still feeling it. Then eventually faded to sleep. Despite the research I felt this stuff did effect sleep to some extent.

I found the productive nature to be better and much longer sustained than caffeine. There was an interesting analgesia too. Less anxiety than caffeine for sure, but having had hardly any stimulants lately even the 95mg had a bit to it.

I foresee this combined with caffeine being great together. Instead of crashing 2-3hrs later, get a true full day of stimulation from just one cup of coffee.

Curious if anyone else has tried this stuff?

-GC

South American mate is head and shoulder above caffeine in terms of "high", duration, after-effects.

Experimented with Teacrine awhile back while looking for caffeine alternatives. It’s alright but wasn’t memorable enough for me to go buy another bottle of it. I’ve had better luck with modafinil and DMAA, just remember to rotate them all since tolerance builds quickly.

Teacrine is incredible. Its too damn expensive. it's like if the l-theanine/caffine combination had a baby with super powers. love that it has cns depressant effects at 25mg and below.

someone else needs to sell it too but Idk if the a company owns patent to synthesize it.

Last edited:
Since I wrote this I’ve used it some more and gotta say not bad. I love it’s duration, it’s also got a bit less anxiety/jitteriness than caffeine even. I find it best with some coffee. And don’t try to spice a drink up with this shit, the bitterness will ruin it.

-GC

Since I wrote this I’ve used it some more and gotta say not bad. I love it’s duration, it’s also got a bit less anxiety/jitteriness than caffeine even. I find it best with some coffee. And don’t try to spice a drink up with this shit, the bitterness will ruin it.

-GC
it tastes like emoxypine succinate. horrible

I tried 100mg of theacrine today, combined with 100mg of caffeine, and I feel kind of sedated/less productive. Not sure if its the theacrine but I'm thinking it is.

Strange too, because I also took 60mg of dextroamphetamine as well and it feels muted. Wonder if it's the theacrine.

I tried 100mg of theacrine today, combined with 100mg of caffeine, and I feel kind of sedated/less productive. Not sure if its the theacrine but I'm thinking it is.

Strange too, because I also took 60mg of dextroamphetamine as well and it feels muted. Wonder if it's the theacrine.

Hmmm interesting, definitely report back after some more experiments. I once in awhile get an idiosyncratic response to stimulants.

-GC

I think that you've just overdid it with mixing. Somone should try a higher dose of this compound and check if it makes you feel "dumb" or as was mentoined, sedated.

Hmmm maybe i reacted like these mice:

Ive seen more research with humans that shows both excitatory and sedative effects depending on the time it’s taken.

The conclusion I remember coming to was that it has stimulating properties to some extent but won’t keep you awake if your tired.

But… Theanine definitely puts me to sleep so maybe this one is more sedative too. My 5 or so experiences have all been stimulating without a doubt and even ate into my sleep a bit.

-GC

I received some of this I forgot I ordered, probably when I was reading this thread a few days ago. Will probably try some tomorrow and report back.

Yeah definitely felt off all day, foggy, tired, dissociated, despite the 60mg of dextroamphetamine. There is this sleepy baseline edginess combined with a paradoxical anxiolysis (or perhaps that is just the sedating element). Very weird, who knows what happened. Everything i consumed today i also consumed yesterday: 60mg of dextroamphetamine, 30mg of PPAP (phenylpropylaminopentane) and caffeine. Only the difference today was the theacrine. Perhaps it wasn't even theacrine (bought it off of amazon).

Seems like the weird feeling has lasted since I took it 7 hours ago. Essentially an inner tension combined with feeling tired.

In practice though I cant imagine 100mg of theacrine would really have this profound of an effect. But not in rush to take it again. Then again, few things mix well with dextroamphetamine (although caffeine mixes fine i generally few hundred milligrams through the day). My microdose experiment with 10ug of LSD + dextroamphetamine didn't work out so well either.

I nearly made some poppy seed tea to counteract this icky feeling but i decided against. May go get an OPMS kratom shot.

Yeah definitely felt off all day, foggy, tired, dissociated, despite the 60mg of dextroamphetamine. There is this sleepy baseline edginess combined with a paradoxical anxiolysis (or perhaps that is just the sedating element). Very weird, who knows what happened. Everything i consumed today i also consumed yesterday: 60mg of dextroamphetamine, 30mg of PPAP (phenylpropylaminopentane) and caffeine. Only the difference today was the theacrine. Perhaps it wasn't even theacrine (bought it off of amazon).

Seems like the weird feeling has lasted since I took it 7 hours ago. Essentially an inner tension combined with feeling tired.

In practice though I cant imagine 100mg of theacrine would really have this profound of an effect. But not in rush to take it again. Then again, few things mix well with dextroamphetamine (although caffeine mixes fine i generally few hundred milligrams through the day). My microdose experiment with 10ug of LSD + dextroamphetamine didn't work out so well either.

I nearly made some poppy seed tea to counteract this icky feeling but i decided against. May go get an OPMS kratom shot.

Yea my only other guess is the source, but it very well could be real too. I got mine from a very reputable supplements vendor that’s rated as having the best phenibut too (or at least when I ordered it.)

That said, I love microdoses or small doses of LSD with amphetamine lol so who knows.

-GC

You know im from a country where amphetamine is a national sport and i have mixed it without much trouble with almost everything there is avaiable, but that's just me.

Yea my only other guess is the source, but it very well could be real too. I got mine from a very reputable supplements vendor that’s rated as having the best phenibut too (or at least when I ordered it.)

That said, I love microdoses or small doses of LSD with amphetamine lol so who knows.

-GC

Yeah not sure it was the theacrine, felt somewhat weird the following day in its absence too. Will probably test it on my girlfriend see what happens. Very little chance 100mg of an extremely close cousin of caffeine would have the effect one could contribute that too.

I didn't like theacrine. Every time I had it, my focus seemed to lock onto the persistent, abrasive noises around me. Every inconvenience and minor setback preventing me from completing my task is so painfully apparent that I just want to switch the theacrine off and throw it in a bin made of fire where it belongs.

When I've got stuff to do, I like drugs that distract me from distractions. Theacrine doesn't. It seems to make distractions more obvious, more abrasive.

We just don't see eye to eye, theacrine and I.

Ive seen more research with humans that shows both excitatory and sedative effects depending on the time it’s taken.

The conclusion I remember coming to was that it has stimulating properties to some extent but won’t keep you awake if your tired.

But… Theanine definitely puts me to sleep so maybe this one is more sedative too. My 5 or so experiences have all been stimulating without a doubt and even ate into my sleep a bit.

-GC
I take 300mg daily for knee bullsht (the boost helps, gets shit loose and lets me work an extra few hours) and take excedrin on top of it occasionally. no tolerance ive been at it for over a year. trying higher doses doesnt seem to add much more to the effects I personally need. stopped drinking as much coffee to increase the effectiveness. consume nearly none, once every few days. never been unable to sleep after taking this compound but find that microdosing with melatonin is a useful combination for sleep.