• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The Woomera detention centre game!

just out of interest which countries around the middle east are signatories with the UN Plazma... are we really the closest one... if we are then ill take that point on bored and shutup

Refuggees are mainly people that are in countries that are not liveable due to many cicumstances who are just trying to find a safe place for their families to live in....they have my sympathy (as i was also one of them) Just because they were not lucky enough to be born here that doesn't mean they dont have a right to a free and safe and happy life...people alwats take things for granted....thats all i have to say about this topic

apart from teh fact that i think it's disgusting how they are treated as ciminals :X

Backo, perhaps you would like to explain exactly what the negative effects of accepting these asylum seekers are?
All evidence I have seen points to the contrary, we need to further populate this country to encourage growth.
I would just once like to see some real figures or hard evidence as to why we can't afford to have them here, instead of the usual thoughtless unfounded xenophobic tripe espuosed by opponents of immigration. With no logical reasons behind these claims, racism is the only plausable explanation. Do you have answers, or are you just racist?

Oh and banga, perhaps you would like to answer those questions I put forward to you in CE&P, instead of hiding behind mindless insults.

I dont need to explain my reasons... refugees should migrate to the nearest place of shelter then once their homeland is rid of troubles they can go back

And anyway we shouldnt even be looking at refugees to populate this country for the above reason.. they go back when its a safer place.

Obviously the country cant take large sums of people in all the time... my understanding is that is the reason why we have a screening process to let people into this country, also I suppose for Australia's benefit we should accept people who are more useful than not. The more skilled people in the country leads to a greater average wage and therefore quality of life for all. Long are the days of the old slogan populate or perish, Australia should have the right to choose how many people they want and the skills they must have thats not a xenophobic remark.

Just because I agreed with the usefulness of detention centers does not mean that im xenophobic... I just think they are the most ideal measure and have proven to be the most successful, in keeping the interests of Australia at hand. Really we havent gotten that much criticism from overseas just from the increasingly redundant UN .. whose way to solve a conflict is to sit on their hands and have a chat.

Saddams gone the people seem happier people. Well those not being shot in the streets by Yahoo.com american soldiers.

enjoy the debate... lets not be so hostile

^ People seem happier. Don't know how people come to that conclusion. Must depend on their own agenda's. After all when national record protests took to the street against the war the prime minister said that he didn't that represented the majority of the view of Australians. Yet, when a few thousand turn up to the toppling of Saddam's statues or shout anti-Saddam slogans people take this on as being happier? I can't understand this world. People are so gullible to spin.

How on earth people can honestly say that now that the US lead definace of the UN way is making the world safer is beyond me. After all, look at North/South Korea. More South Koreans now see the US as a greater threat to their nation than North Korea. Can you possibly even fathom how significant that is. The US just decided to pull out of talks with North Korea and just call them part of an axis of evil. Well that may have won the hearts of all those (worringly abundant) post-9/11 paranoid xenophobes in the US, but it certainly did nothing to help their relations with the rest of the world.

So now that Saddam is supposedly gone, North Korea is talking tough and in addiion the US is arming the ever so politcally stable India, no doubt for the sole purpose of providing some regional threat to China.... do you honestly believe that you in particular Americans feel safer now than they were a year ago. I doubt it and I doubt anyone else does either.

I dont need to explain my reasons... refugees should migrate to the nearest place of shelter then once their homeland is rid of troubles they can go back
Oh that's mightily convenient for Australia, being as isolated as we are. However, it's a real pity for third-world countries who don't have the resources to deal with large numbers of refugees yet bear the brunt of the worlds refugee crisis. Take Tanzania, for example, who hosts 1 refugee to every 76 Tanzanians, while Australia takes 1 refugee to every 1583 Australians. Not only that Australia (along with the US) are the lowest providers of foreign aid in the world . See chart:
chart1.gif

So while we squander the worlds natural resources, and while we continue to be one of the worlds greatest contibuers to greenhouse emissions, you can smugly sit back bleat about not having to share your god given freedom with anyone else in the world. Sounds fucking lovely!

Why is it you feel you don't have to state your reasons as to why asylum seekers are detrimental to Australia? Is it because you don't have any good reasons? Or is it perhaps because you couldn't justify you position without sounding like a borderline racist? You know I have more respect for someone who is openly racist than those bigots who can't even admit to themselves what they really are. They are far more dangerous and insidious IMO/.

I marched in the anti war parade... so i could try and relate to the people marching because i wanted to understand.

I dont have to explain my feelings because I use the definition of refugee to back up my case thats all that is needed. This topic is not about immigration... but is about refugees gaining a safe haven and well I suppose a detention center is a haven.

so yeah... Thats the last post im making on this subject.. u can throw me all the figures u want isnt really going to change anything. As ive been saying all the way through call me what u like and if looking at the best interests of Australia makes me a racist haha or a patriot well I guess im what u call me.

Peace... the game probably wouldnt run on my computer anyway

Backo said:

If they are real refugees wouldnt they go to the nearest safest country... Australia isnt really that close to any of these countries geographically

-Backo out-

What exactly gives you the right to proclaim who can and can not occupy a space on this piece of dirt?

What did you ever do for Australia that was so great, besides being born?

"I stand not by my country but by the people of the world. No fences. No borders. How can anyone be illegal?" - Propagandhi

^ A nice summary, of a plethora of opinions and feelings I have.

Has this game actually come out yet? Has anyone bought one? Where do i send my money? :)

I disagree with the current 'detention centres' and feel we could come up with a more compassionate approach.Many people in detention centres are there for years.It is inhumane and has been deemed to be breaking international law.

I feel we should and could process people quicker.How about:-

Have people processed and medical checks,etc..... and have people in 'detention centres' for a maxium 3 weeks.If they are then deemed to be legit 'refugees' then release them into the community.If they are REALLY illegals then send them back to the country they came from.If there 'status' is still unknown after 3 weeks then a bail like system can be used until status is known. These new 'centres' could be more humane eg: Have the people in them known by there name,NOT just a number,NO razor wire but still secure,etc,etc.........

Also,there is no need for me to repeat all the other reasons I'm against detention centres and our treatment of these people.They have all been said by people NOW.

I have a question regarding the federal governments double standards:-

*Why is the National Rugby League player,Adrian Morley who is English, NOT currently in an Australian 'detention centre'?

He currently is living freely in Australia while his visa problems are being looked at.His problem involves he got a 'criminal record' while holidaying back in England for 'drink driving'.Why is he being treated like this? While many others in Australia are sent to 'detention centres' ("Mainly non-whites").

Finally,this will go down as another 'dark time' in Australian history.The people that openly support this government policy should and hopefully will be remembered for being supportive of these human rights abuses.

Australia has become a country of too many selfish and racist people.

SHAME ON THESE PEOPLE & SHAME ON THIS FEDERAL GOVERNMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
lucky aus wasnt like this back in 87 when my dad decided he wanted his family to have a proper life and skipped the country to come to aus.

and as for documentation, i'm not even technically a refugee and i dont have a birth certificate or anything. before i got my license, i didnt exist!

i'm not gonna start up too much on this whole business cos i really dont know all the facts, and i'm too lazy to do more than skim through ppls posts.
all i'm gonna say is that phillip ruddock should be shot, and that australias immigration system needs a SERIOUS overhaul. and WHY are they all being so tight ass about letting ppl into the country? i mean REALISTICALLY. i want a legitimate argument with legitimate reasons behind it.
:X :X :p :p :X :p 8( 8( :X

*Why is the National Rugby League player,Adrian Morley who is English, NOT currently in an Australian 'detention centre'?

If you feel so strongly about it why don't you try and drag him kicking and screaming to one of these detention centres. He probably pays a shitload in taxes thus keeping the government happy.

As if I would drag anyone to an Australian detention centre :p .

My point is a matter of fairness.

You say Adrian Morley probably payes a shitload of taxes and therefore keeps the government happy. Well I'm sure that some of the people in 'detention centre's, if given the opportunity would also pay a shitload of taxes by contributing to Australia.With there being skilled people in there such as 'doctors' , 'teachers' ,etc,etc,etc,etc,etc.......