• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

The Term "Shotgun"

ParappaTheRapper

Ex-Bluelighter
So there's always a bunch of slangs or ways to go about things.

Is this where this phrase actually comes from?

And if so, how did it get to this?
((00:35))

I heard it came from the Vietnam war like the first video says.

I've also heard the term used to describe the carb/hole on a bong or pipe, or when someone has a joint or blunt and exhales smoke into someone's mouth.

Pretty sure I made it up in like 2001 and it just caught on like wildfire.

AHH So THAT's why we lost that damn war...
Have you ever noticed the difference btwn aggression levels in a pub full of alcohol fueled men, and then in a room full of stoners?
Cannabis doesn't exactly gear people up for a fight now does it?
It's more like "I'm gunna shoot you...in a minute... just as soon as a grab something to eat.. and maybe put on some tunes.. and uh, sorry, remind me what we're fighting about again...?"
You want to turn men into aggressive killers? One word: Amphetamines.
Letting them smoke pot was just a bad idea! :p

I think you've got your cause and effect reversed in this particular case. We didn't lose the war because our troops were weeded-- our troops were weeded because [edit: many**] of them did not want to fight and they turned to whatever drugs were available in an effort to escape the situation.

Also? Don't think for one second that weed was the only drug US forces were dabbling in during the Vietnam War (and even present day).

The Japanese did that in WW2. We know those soldiers as "kamikaze."

I'm actually confident that there's a long history of amphetamines being officially used in certain militaries. I don't have anything to back that up at the moment, though.

Last edited:
Have you ever noticed the difference btwn aggression levels in a pub full of alcohol fueled men, and then in a room full of stoners?
Cannabis doesn't exactly gear people up for a fight now does it?
It's more like "I'm gunna shoot you...in a minute... just as soon as a grab something to eat.. and maybe put on some tunes.. and uh, sorry, remind me what we're fighting about again...?"
Letting them smoke pot was just a bad idea! :p

Sometimes servicemembers in Vietnam would also take opium/heroin/morphine, amphetamines, cannabish/hash, LSD, and psychedelic mushrooms.

But people I've met who were in the Vietnam war told me how they survived since they were sober, and that the people who would take drugs like those did not since they were not always aware of things, or their reaction time was slowed down. May they all rest in peace.

http://knockyourselfout.ca/

check this ish out. a device that allows you to shotgun a beer out of a bottle, then use the bottle like a bong.

when it comes to surviving battle I would say whatever keeps you focused and on your toes. probably sober adrenaline would be enough i'd imagine. amphetamines might make me too brazen and fuck a psychedelic or downers when someone is firing bullets at me. imo best way to survive war is to not fight in it tho haha

^Lol, I've seen those. Thats also called a strikeout.

But anyway, reminds me of that scene in apocolypse now where he eats that blotter during all the flares and colored shit. Pretty sure he gets shot.

http://knockyourselfout.ca/

check this ish out. a device that allows you to shotgun a beer out of a bottle, then use the bottle like a bong.

when it comes to surviving battle I would say whatever keeps you focused and on your toes. probably sober adrenaline would be enough i'd imagine. amphetamines might make me too brazen and fuck a psychedelic or downers when someone is firing bullets at me. imo best way to survive war is to not fight in it tho haha

That beer bong/pipe looks nice. I would have loved that a decade ago in college which was before they had really effective yet inexpensive vapes and pretty much everyone just smoked herb. Too bad it's very expensive.

I don't drink or use cannabis now but I think if I were going to I would just eat a very low dose of cannabis instead of smoking or vaping it, since I do a lot of cardio-exercise now.

Last edited:
man i know 5 years ago when me and all my friends were partying constantly I would have found the money to buy at least 5 of them.

now i look at it and think "if someone pukes on my carpet it'll be a different kind of knock out"