Positive The Tapering Supportive/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’re all going through the same bullshit and it’s killing us.
If last year they had given me a year’s worth of pills all at once and then told me I couldn’t get a refill for a year.... It would have felt like Christmas. But here’s exactly how I would have handled it:

First, I would have had the biggest f’ing smile walking out of the pharmacy (you all know you’d do the same thing). I was already hooked so I go home and make a plan where I don’t run out. Maybe break it into weekly doses to carry in my pocket (just in case I need extra, but not enough to really screw myself). I hatch some kind of junkie-plan where I use less all week so I can get ‘extra’ relief on the weekend, but I never stick to that plan. In fact, Monday morning I suddenly have way too much pain or stress for even my prescribed dose..... But it’s OK to take extra since I have over 1000 pills right? No way I could use that much.
Then the same crap happens all week. Instead of needing 3 pills per day to feel normal, I have jacked my tolerance up to where I need 10 pills per day just to be comfortable. So now it’s only been a week and I have burned through 3 weeks of pills. Now I have to taper down, but I can’t because I’ll be in withdrawl and I have “responsibilities” (work, kids, house, etc). But it’s OK because I still have more pills than I’m ever going to need. I’ll just cut myself off when life gets easier next week. “I have made it through a could of weeks of withdrawls many times. I’ll live. I’ll just stop taking them for two weeks and get back on track.” Then I hatch some b.s. idea that this is actually better. One week of as much as I ‘need’ and two weeks of abstinence to reset my tolerance.
And then I don’t do it on Monday because I’m now using way too much and just quitting hurts, a lot. I tell myself it’s real pain, something I have zero control over. Not my fault and not anything my Dr can fix, just pain from my injury. It must be flaring up. It will be better to start this tomorrow. “Maybe I screwed up by using too much last week but it’s OK.... I have plenty”. Then Tuesday comes and there’s another very good reason to not quit. Then Wednesday, then Thursday..... etc.

At some point about a month into this I realize my mental inventory of how many pills I have used and how many are left needs to be verified. I discover that I’m really screwed. Its only been a short time into this script and I have used more than half. If I cut back to one pill per day for the next 11 months I’ll be fine. I have enough for a quick taper back to one pill per day. I’m tough. I’ll start working on that ASAP (that’s French for tomorrow). If the rest of the year is going to suck then I deserve one more good day. My week is pretty open this time so I can afford to call out sick from work and tell my wife I am just in pain. I’ll start tomorrow.

Tomorrow is the busiest day of the year. I have a huge list of things to do that got rescheduled ‘till tomorrow. I’m going to call the dentist, file my taxes, and start putting a new roof on my house: all tomorrow. Tomorrow I wake up and say ‘later’. After breakfast becomes after lunch, which becomes after dinner, etc. Then, magically, it becomes ‘tomorrow’ again.

This goes on until I’m almost out of pills. I have been living on 300mg per day of oxycodone for several weeks. I count my pills almost every day now. I go back and forth from being angry at myself, my doctor, the world, but I never really slow down my use. Near the end I just decide that it’s pointless to taper and still suffer, so I’m going to just enjoy the rest of my pills. I’ll suffer either way in a little while, might as well enjoy today. So that’s what I do.

I get down to the last 10 pills or so. I tell myself it’s only a day’s worth of pills anyway. I’ll taper right now. Use 5 today, 3 tomorrow, then 1, and maybe save one for the future. Any taper has to be better than cold turkey right? And then I use them all in one day, feeling guilty the whole time so I don’t get to enjoy them at all.

Next is the part we’re all very well acquainted with. A week or two if some pretty nasty withdrawals. Then PAWS. Depression, insomnia, and pain. Lots of pain. The assumption is that it will all be OK in a month, but that’s wrong.

We think that once the physical withdrawals are gone we will be able to handle it better. We’re told that the worst is done in 7-10 days. We assume that a month will pass and life won’t suck anymore. It is all so very wrong.

If I drink coffee every day in the morning to wake up and I quit, I’ll be really tired every day. If I take medicine for nausea every day for a year, when I quit I’ll be nauseous for a while. Opiates do a lot more than shut off your pain receptors in your brain. Think about the first time.... everything was beautiful once it soaked in. From the top of your head to your little toe: no pain, no stress, none of any part of life was difficult at all. I took the pills for my back pain but my shoulder stopped hurting too. I became relaxed, patient, happy, etc. I slept great, enjoyed food more, became constipated, and a whole lot more things that I told myself didn’t count because that’s not what I used the pills for. And somehow I convinced myself that my wd’s would not include all of those extra things because I was only told that my prescription was for pain. I was told that junkies use them to get ‘high’. And I was led to believe that wd’s only last for a week or two. It was all so totally wrong.....

So back to my year-long prescription.... (only the addicts get excited to think about a bottle of pills that size). Let’s assume I got it filled on Jan 1st. I ran out in the beginning of March. Now I’m out and there’s no hope of getting more.:
March is going to suck. Everyone knows I’ll have nausea, insomnia, diarrhea, and depression. The first week will be all about the bathroom, puking and pooping boulders. Week two is mostly depression. All the while going insane from not sleeping. But I keep telling myself that it’s not for long, that it feels worse than it is, and here’s the kicker..... IF I go through this then I will ALSO be resetting my tolerance so I can get more from my prescription.

It’s all bullshit. Yes the first two weeks sucked, but it’s not over for months. My energy level, my concentration, my sleeping patterns.... They’re destroyed until at least May. Every time I feel like I crossed a major milestone I get excited thinking it’s almost over, and then I get 10 times more depressed when it’s clear it’s not over yet. Every day for months I question whether my psychological symptoms could be from the wd’s. I have pain that I know would be fixed with pills. I am convinced by the end of the first month of wd’s that the pain will never get better. I start planning crazy scenarios where I get more pills. Never seeing that even 2 months into this mess I am still in withdrawal. Everything is being driven by the wd’s but I can’t see it because my whole life I have been told it can’t last that long.

6 months later, now in September, I can see the truth. My general pain is 90% lower than back in February. I still have very painful flare ups but it’s really only my back that ever hurts. My mind is clear and I’m sleeping better. I still think about the good times but I’m not glorifying them any more. Pain hits and I want pills, but I know it’s temporary pain and the pills would be forever. I’m smart enough to stay away, but I still desire the relief. I still tell myself its only for back pain but I realize I’m only lying to myself, so I keep my mouth shut and let it pass. I hate it, a lot. But I know it’s how it has to be.

January 1st. I can get it filled and do it all over. I believed ghat after all of this time I could at least have a beautifully low tolerance, but experience has taught me that is wrong. After 10 months of sobriety I am still not done. However I have seen just how deep into my life the pills have penetrated. I want to be smarter but I’m smart enough to know I’m stupid. I cancel my appointment and don’t refill anything. But I’ll spend the next year retraining my brain to not think of pills every time I get a hangnail. If I hadn’t cut myself off accidentally in March, and then on purpose the following January, I would still be on the roller coaster and clueless about exactly how far into my life the pills had penetrated. It’s clear now that I’m not just an addict, but not only a pain patient anymore either.

The bitch of it is that it doesn’t take days or weeks to see what has happened. It takes months to years. Good rehab programs are 90 days for a reason. I thought after three weeks without pills I would know what bad the pills were bringing to my life but I was so wrong.
AA is a long long life sentence of staying on top of your sobriety and you see people fail all of the time. If you’re still reading this then listen to someone sho has done it wrong a dozen different ways. It doesn’t matter what you’re feeling like right now. You made a decision that it’s not a life and the pills are making life worse, not better. It has been days, weeks maybe, since you quit. You quit for a reason. STAY THE COURSE. If you will be tempted then cut yourself off. You wouldn’t be reading this still if I wasn’t right. You’re trying to accomplish more in weeks than I was able to do in months.

The prescription refill situation for all of us is a motherfucker. Years of opiate or benzo use cannot be undone in a couple of weeks. Even when I did quit, cold turkey for a month, I didn’t feel as stable as I do now after 3 months. And I’m starting to see that I might

When I was at my lowest, in pain, in withdrawal, I told myself it wasn’t worth it. Then I get my refill and I tell myself it wasn’t that bad. I’m getting close to 3 months since I quit and I am still telling myself that it wasn’t so bad. I know I’m lying to myself and yet I’m telling myself the same lie, and I am still believing it even though I know it’s not true.
I guess this is the reason my doctor has never given me opioid pills except low dose cocodamol!

My dose was inadequate to totally get me out of wd, since two days ago I have a bigger transdermal patch giving a steady dose and while it is easy to tamper with, it isnt even possible to accidently tamper or increase that dose.

I'm different in that I've been a drug user since age twelve although mostly sober since my mid twenties, I still have a strong affinity and desire for something, anything and I actually consider myself lucky to have a medical condition that allows me a legal route.
I've been trying to cut down on my other opiates for a while now, months ago I was planning to stop, you all know how long those plans stretch, how long is a piece of string?
So I tapered, then I quit for four days, one day relapse, then another four or five days abstinence, a day of relapse and so on for three weeks.
So I was too thin to start and I'm watching my BMI go from 19 to 18.5 to 18 and I'm thinking, this is not good for my health. All the best lies are partial truths.
So I got my usual pack of patches from my doctor via a local pharmacy and another pack from the pharmacy in the next town from another prescriber who doubled my dose.
I actually really want to stick to the new higher dose that I'm allowed and not to supplement with unknown shite that could contain god only knows what.
That will be hard enough for now but only in my head, my body is comfortable.
Buprenorphine is the way to go imo if you want a clear head and a functioning body, there isn't much of a high with bupe, just enough to keep the mind calm, for now.

My advice...... the closer I got to being off the pills, the more I suffered. My feeling is that my brain/body got more desperate as I got closer to zero. It gets worse before it gets better and since you’re on a very long acting opiate, your PAWS will be prolonged. You have to decide if you’re willing to be chained to the whole process (pills, appointments, pharmacies, wd’s, lies, money, etc, etc), or if you are going to get free. If you ever going to be free you have to make a decision and stick with it or you’re going to be stuck here forever.
Indeed, I agree with every word.

Nothing terrible has happened due to my current use and that is why I continue with opioid treatment and I plan to for the rest of my life.
My husband and I discussed our travel plans yesterday, we have to avoid some countries altogether and the duration of any trip would depend on how much I was allowed to carry with me, but so long as I can do what the doctor says we think it will be ok.
I just need to get my use of weed down now, I was living on smoke while in wd! It doesn't make me relapse like benzos, alcohol etc do.

Indeed, I agree with every word.

Nothing terrible has happened due to my current use and that is why I continue with opioid treatment and I plan to for the rest of my life.
My husband and I discussed our travel plans yesterday, we have to avoid some countries altogether and the duration of any trip would depend on how much I was allowed to carry with me, but so long as I can do what the doctor says we think it will be ok.
I just need to get my use of weed down now, I was living on smoke while in wd! It doesn't make me relapse like benzos, alcohol etc do.
I had the exact same plan. Lifetime of needing pain management. In the end I was no better than a fat guy addicted to Diet Coke.
It’s an impossible question to answer, and every situation is unique. You have to do what’s best for you.
Don’t forget that prescriptions don’t expire for a year. If you need to travel with extra meds maybe you can bring this month’s script in it’s bottle and some of last months script in it’s own bottle. The authorities generally look at the patient’s name and date of the prescription. They might not even notice that you have two of the same prescriptions.

I guess this is the reason my doctor has never given me opioid pills except low dose cocodamol!

My dose was inadequate to totally get me out of wd, since two days ago I have a bigger transdermal patch giving a steady dose and while it is easy to tamper with, it isnt even possible to accidently tamper or increase that dose.

I'm different in that I've been a drug user since age twelve although mostly sober since my mid twenties, I still have a strong affinity and desire for something, anything and I actually consider myself lucky to have a medical condition that allows me a legal route.
I've been trying to cut down on my other opiates for a while now, months ago I was planning to stop, you all know how long those plans stretch, how long is a piece of string?
So I tapered, then I quit for four days, one day relapse, then another four or five days abstinence, a day of relapse and so on for three weeks.
So I was too thin to start and I'm watching my BMI go from 19 to 18.5 to 18 and I'm thinking, this is not good for my health. All the best lies are partial truths.
So I got my usual pack of patches from my doctor via a local pharmacy and another pack from the pharmacy in the next town from another prescriber who doubled my dose.
I actually really want to stick to the new higher dose that I'm allowed and not to supplement with unknown shite that could contain god only knows what.
That will be hard enough for now but only in my head, my body is comfortable.
Buprenorphine is the way to go imo if you want a clear head and a functioning body, there isn't much of a high with bupe, just enough to keep the mind calm, for now.
Sounds like a really solid plan. Maybe a good goal would be to get down to only one Dr?

“The best lies are partial truths”..... Damn that’s totally the truth! My partial lies have saved my ass more times than I can count.

Incoming refill....
Stop the train man, i want off...
Don’t give yourself any excuses. If you use your pills you’re doing it because you can’t stand the wd’s. It’s not for pain. Pain relief is a happy accident you’ll get from getting rid of your withdrawals. You have been through this before and you know %100 where it leads.
If you do slip up and use your prescription for a day, there is never a time when it’s too late to take it away from yourself. Call the Dr, give them to a friend, flush them down the toilet. It doesn’t matter what you do or when you do it.
You know you will use them until they’re gone. You know you will run out before your next refill. You know exactly the guilt of last few days before you run out and the stress of the first few days after you run out. And you know your life will get better when you get past this.

There’s some kind of freedom that comes with knowing the pills are not available anymore. The last couple of months I was using my script, I actually started looking forward to running out. That stress of planning how to hide my wd’s was murder. Believe it or not, I think I was happier when I burned through the month’s prescription in a week than when I was making it last the whole month.

If you start using them again, your Groundhog day begins again. It takes 4-6 weeks of abstinence to really see how life can be without the pills. I struggled with this because I am actually in pain and I was too afraid of being wrong and cutting myself off from what I considered necessary medicine. If you can find a way to shut that door for another month, you will be able to see if it’s right for you.

Don’t give yourself any excuses. If you use your pills you’re doing it because you can’t stand the wd’s. It’s not for pain. Pain relief is a happy accident you’ll get from getting rid of your withdrawals. You have been through this before and you know %100 where it leads.
If you do slip up and use your prescription for a day, there is never a time when it’s too late to take it away from yourself. Call the Dr, give them to a friend, flush them down the toilet. It doesn’t matter what you do or when you do it.
You know you will use them until they’re gone. You know you will run out before your next refill. You know exactly the guilt of last few days before you run out and the stress of the first few days after you run out. And you know your life will get better when you get past this.

There’s some kind of freedom that comes with knowing the pills are not available anymore. The last couple of months I was using my script, I actually started looking forward to running out. That stress of planning how to hide my wd’s was murder. Believe it or not, I think I was happier when I burned through the month’s prescription in a week than when I was making it last the whole month.

If you start using them again, your Groundhog day begins again. It takes 4-6 weeks of abstinence to really see how life can be without the pills. I struggled with this because I am actually in pain and I was too afraid of being wrong and cutting myself off from what I considered necessary medicine. If you can find a way to shut that door for another month, you will be able to see if it’s right for you.
You have been refilling your scripts for the last 3 months. Are you stockpiling them or putting them in a safe for future use? Only reason I ask is because you told a poster to flush them because he got a refill but you are still refilling yours every month even though you say you are not taking them. So i assume you are stockpiling in case you decide that you need them in the future. Nothing wrong with needing them in the future, although you do say you aren't in pain anymore, so just wondering if its pychological that just having them stockpiled makes you feel better.

You have been refilling your scripts for the last 3 months. Are you stockpiling them or putting them in a safe for future use? Only reason I ask is because you told a poster to flush them because he got a refill but you are still refilling yours every month even though you say you are not taking them. So i assume you are stockpiling in case you decide that you need them in the future. Nothing wrong with needing them in the future, although you do say you aren't in pain anymore, so just wondering if its pychological that just having them stockpiled makes you feel better.
I did flush them. Twice in the last year. I was hoping the first one would change things but no. The second time was when I admitted to stealing pills and it was symbolic for me to do it with my wife and say goodbye. I am now collecting some for the future/stockpiling. My plan is to quit paying that Dr once I have enough for several years. I’ll probably go once or twice more, then cancel for good.

I’m not just addicted. I have 20 screws in my back and I’m going to eventually need more. I still have pain, sometimes unbearable, but its much more specific and lasts minutes or hours instead of days or weeks. I’m looking at a lifetime of legitimate pain. Just quitting and having no access to help forever sounds like the absolute last thing I should try. But I did try policing myself and that failed miserably. I’m fortunate to have someone I can trust to keep me honest so I went with it. I figured that if my wife holds them as if they weren’t there and refuses me access to even 1 pill, regardless of how much pain I say I’m in, and I’m still thinking about how to get to them..... then I’m too much of an addict and I have to swear them off forever. If I can go a month without thinking about them, then I should keep some stashed for a real emergency.

I feel like my emergency stash plan is going very well but my situation is unique. Most people who really want to quit but can’t really need to be removed from their pills in a way that cannot be defeated. If you don’t have someone to police you and you don’t want to tell your Dr, flushing the prescription is a great way to take the temptation away 100% for 30 days. Hopefully it’s long enough to help open their eyes to the realities of life after withdrawal and they can make a decision without involving anyone else (i.e the Dr) and avoid the embarrassment that comes with admitting their addiction. That tiny bit of embarrassment played a giant role in keeping me addicted because I needed help but I was too ashamed to ask for it.

That was just a lucky one off situation that presented itself. I'm usually very careful not to get caught and double scripts are not subtle, I know!
I have known people in years past who were double or even triple-dipping with prescriptions. Different Dr’s and different pharmacies. I’m probably very lucky the DEA in the US put a stop to that before I got addicted. I’m resourceful enough that I would have been doing that too.

I have known people in years past who were double or even triple-dipping with prescriptions. Different Dr’s and different pharmacies. I’m probably very lucky the DEA in the US put a stop to that before I got addicted. I’m resourceful enough that I would have been doing that too.
There's noone more resourceful than an addict. I mean if you're thinking about one thing 24/7 then you are bound to come up with some good ideas, lol.

I only ever got pills off the street I think twice. I borrowed a couple on maybe two occasions. But in the 6 years I was dependent (addicted), I always had extra leftover for the first 3 years. Something switched when I transitioned from Norco and Perc’s to straight oxy. Suddenly I went from maybe 2 perc’s to get relief, to needing two oxy 30’s. It felt like the change was overnight. It seemed slow because I did have a huge stash of leftover pills. 100’s of them.

When I started running out I just dipped into my stash. I went from having too much, to needing a couple extra, to taking double my script, all without any stress because I became my own dealer. The extra pills were free and I was clueless to the hole I was digging.

The real trouble began 6 months before it became a problem. Then the bank ran dry. My use was going up as my stash was dwindling. Then one day I woke up and I needed double my prescription just to stop my withdrawals. Part of the problem was that I was I was too arrogant. I had been responsible with my pills for a couple of years and I couldn’t see that had changed.

I feel like my emergency stash plan is going very well but my situation is unique. Most people who really want to quit but can’t really need to be removed from their pills in a way that cannot be defeated.
That tiny bit of embarrassment played a giant role in keeping me addicted because I needed help but I was too ashamed to ask for it.
I hadn't read this post before now, it strikes me that you are still saving yourself from the thought that you are an addict like other people are addicts.
If I'm wrong, then my apologies.

I keep access to stuff, no matter what it is. Example, I can only quit cigarettes if a pack is in the drawer so I don't go through the process (cigs or anything) of;
1)Where can I get some?
2)How do I obtain possession of it?
3)Logistics of transport, money, timing, etc
If you are doing steps 1,2,3... that day, then you don't stop before the final step of getting fucked up.
It's like getting someone on a string of "yes" answers, automation takes over.

I'm not suggesting anyone keeps possession of illegal substances, but I keep my options open so I don't argue with myself about how far along that path I want to be sitting while sober(ish).

To be removed from your pills in a way that "cannot be defeated" generally cannot be done unless you are kidnapping and imprisoning addicts (and even imprisoned addicts are resourceful).

Anyway, while I'm here I can happily report that I had a very social weekend, drank a lot of alcohol and saw people who would have joined me in a little other fun, but I didn't even want to because I was enjoying being around other people so much after so long in this pandemic of being isolated and bored.

For me, as for every addict I know, boredom is the heaviest straw for the camel's back.

While I agree with the safety net of keeping substances on hand " in case of emergency " I also believe that people that do this are still sitting on the fence. They really haven't committed to whatever substance they want to get off of. Knowing you have a stash in a drawer or in a safe just keeps your mind obsessing over the fact that you can have them if you want them. And when do we have enough? Five bottles? Ten bottles?

Once you put your fingers in the pie and have just a taste because you have been so good the wheels come off the cart once again. You just don't take one pill out and say ok, I am good now, and heres my reward. The bottle will be consumed in no time and we are off and running again. We all think our mind is clear and we can be good but it is only an illusion. The real committed flush it, quit refilling their scripts, get healthy and have zero stash to tempt them. Your mind and thoughts are obsessed with the cupboard or the safe or wherever you keep your pills and the urge to just go get one is always there.

I may be wrong. You may be stronger addicts than I was. I can guarantee you that if I had pills in the house my greedy fingers would be in the bottle.

You only have to read this entire thread and hear their struggles to know that they are still psychologically addicted. They may not be dependent anymore as they have reduced their tolerance or are back to baseline, but their minds are still obsessed with the pills.

This is good to hear man <3
I know I sound like an addict. Pumpkin21 said basically the same as you.
I’m a strange person. I drank about a liter of hard liquor every day for 10 or 15 years. Everyone said I was an alcoholic, it was going to kill me, and I was in denial if I thought anything different. But I was responsible and respected at work and at home. My family loved me. Yes I made a fool of myself from time to time, but I had an unbelievable tolerance for alcohol and everyone seemed to like me better when I was drinking.

One day it stopped being a positive thing in my life and I just quit. I didn’t even want to quit, I just stopped feeling like today would be better with booze. I still drink once in a while, even get drunk occasionally, but I never think about alcohol. I pass it by in the cupboard without even a thought and go to sleep sober. I’m pouring cocktails for other people at home, sometimes every day for months, and it never even sounds appealing. And when I do have a drink or two, all I can think is how crappy I’m going to feel when the hangover hits me and I almost always stop after 1 or 2.

I fit the clinical definition of a functional alcoholic for more than a decade. I was however drinking because of an undiagnosed psychological condition. At some point about 5 years ago I figured out how to handle it better without drinking and I just quit, with zero withdrawals.

There’s absolutely no question I became addicted to prescription pain pills. Both physically and psychologically. I had to hit my own “rock bottom” to begin to let go of the idea that there is a way to keep them in my daily life. I was physically dependent on something with some nasty withdrawals, so I had to get past that part. I am still dealing with the psychological wd’s, and that’s turning into more of a marathon than I was expecting. But I’m also still (and likely forever) a legitimate pain patient with a crazy tolerance for opiates. I don’t know what the right move is right now but I’m certainly going to need pain relief in the future and Tylenol just won’t work.

I’ll be fine. My wife is a stubborn person. I put rules into place to stop myself from cheating. The #1 rule is that I cannot ever have my pills unless I have a new, physical prescription from a doctor for opioid pain medicine. Regardless of how I’m hurting, the pills that are stashed are to be kept away from me unless a Dr says I should have them. I can always easily lie to a Dr and get a prescription, thanks to all of the hardware in my spine, but once I have a new prescription I figure there’s no pressure on her to keep me honest. And I would never be able to hide a Dr’s appointment/bill from her since she pays the bills.

I needed to quit, but I also need pain management and the pills are the only thing that has worked. It took me a couple of years to find the combination but I finally found my “rock bottom”. I know how easy it is to relapse because I did it probably 20 times. I’m more like an addict who has tried to get clean and finally found something that stuck. This isn’t an addict who is protecting their addiction. This is just me giving up pills in the same way I quit drinking. I will probably want/need to use my pills again. That’s why I’m stockpiling them. And I’m confident that in a year or two, when I can see how much better my life is WITHOUT the pills, I’ll just decide the hangover isn’t worth the buzz.

Hey BL, I am back in the wagon again and have 16 days clean from benzos and opiates . I picked up a Lyrica script tho the other day and have been taking a gram a day roughly until i run out . I currently live in a different state then my doctor so I won’t be refilling it anytime soon. You guys think that’s ok or will it set me back?

Hey BL, I am back in the wagon again and have 16 days clean from benzos and opiates . I picked up a Lyrica script tho the other day and have been taking a gram a day roughly until i run out . I currently live in a different state then my doctor so I won’t be refilling it anytime soon. You guys think that’s ok or will it set me back?
Congrats !! Good on you.

A GRAM of Lyrica a day. 600 mgs is max dose ( 2 x 300 mgs capsules )

Script won't last long taking massive doses and yes, Lyrica is addictive and has nasty WD's

Good Luck

Congrats !! Good on you.

A GRAM of Lyrica a day. 600 mgs is max dose ( 2 x 300 mgs capsules )

Script won't last long taking massive doses and yes, Lyrica is addictive and has nasty WD's

Good Luck
Thank you Pumpkin,
I’m aware that it causes nasty withdrawals cuz I went thru them . I haven’t taken lyrica in 9 months tho . I’m currently living in a sober living so I can’t really take anything else for sleep . I barley slept the past two weeks . The first week not at all and the second for maybe an hour or two a night . The past 3 days of taking lyrica I’ve been able to get like 5 hours a night . My real question is will it cause rebound anxiety or extend my benzo withdrawal by taking a gram a day for let’s say a week and then discontinue

Status
Not open for further replies.