• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Positive The Tapering Supportive/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You really got something out of it?
Everyone seems to. Maybe i'm the odd one in the bunch.

I've heard other's say this, but could be attributable to product quality, tolerance levels, or any number of things. Kratom's weird like that, but it's worked for me over years.

At this point though it is basically like a better coffee and my opioid tolerance has skyrocketed. I remember when I first took it, I got properly stoned. This was before my delving into H of course.

You really got something out of it?
Everyone seems to. Maybe i'm the odd one in the bunch.

It really does help me stay off real opioids. I really look forward to dosing kratom in the morning. It certainly has addictive properties itself.

Now, when I feel like relapsing on heroin I just go buy some kratom and the urge goes away.

It really is a nifty little plant.

Well, my Suboxone taper has worked it appears, as I haven't taken one in 12 days, and I still have two leftover. (I wasn't necessarily planning on stopping them right now, but ran out of insurance due to a change in job). Still happy about it. Back when I was on two strips a day, I think I was way more blitzed than I thought I was, which caused me to run into some problems (ie. totaling my car, nodding out inappropriately, etc.)

I've also not had a drink of alcohol in 4 months.

I am taking kratom, but just once maybe twice a day, which is a big improvement from where I was months ago. Benzo's are no longer a daily thing for me.

I'm not totally abstinent, but I am doing a lot better than I was when I had my last breakdown. Overall I'm happy with where I'm at, and I hope you can all say the same.
Damn. It sounds like you have/had a lot of crap going on.

Im at the end of runniout again. I have enough for Sunday and maybe enough to get me started on Monday morning. Knowing me though,I’ll probably take all of my pills today just to be extra comfortable. Then Monday morning will just have to suck. I always say “I’ll just have to suck it up! It’ll be ok. I have kratom. I’ll live”
But then it does suck, a lot. Kratom really helps but not as much as I want it to.
It’s going to be e long hard week.....

Starting detox 5th of december. Staying without opiates until christmas or some shit. Gonna be detoxing with some gabas and klonopins. Aiming to use only weekends since Im starting a job and I know Im strong enough to beat opiate addiction since Ive beaten way worse ones.

i have made so much progress !!

but still not over the terrible terrible kindle.

and my current anomalous doses. but however, much better than before.

ptsd also.

edit: but still struggling. of course.

Last edited:
We all need to get our shit together and stop doing this to ourselves. I got sooooo drunk last night and now I have a hangover on top of my usual crappy situation.
It feels like I’m getting closer to not wanting the pills anymore. I still get my prescription filled every month. I still use them all and run out. But I’m not going through wd’s anymore. It’s like I have become a little immune to oxy.
My last four oxy 30’s- I took them all at once and got nothing from them. No pain relief. No buzz. No sleepiness. No confusion or slurred speech. And I know all of this to be true because I was with my partner and I would have gotten a little speech the next day about being ‘disconnected’ when I take those pills (if I had done any of those things). I burned through 100 oxy 30’s in 10 days and had only sadness about running out when they were done.
Kratom is a blessing. But I truly believe that it has burned and scarred the places in my body and mind that oxy used to work on. I remember Pokemama starting this thread a couple of years ago, and the freedom she described about going on a trip and NOT being concerned about her pills because she had found other ways to handle her pain. I feel like I’m really close to jumping off and being in that same place. I have been on this roller coaster for 5 years and I might be close to stepping off.

i have made so much progress !!

but still not over the terrible terrible kindle.

and my current anomalous doses. but however, much better than before.

ptsd also.

edit: but still struggling. of course.
Great job Hylight. Have you tried Kratom for your PTSD? There’s a couple of documentaries I have seen that say a lot of folks get good relief from the stress and confusion that come with their PTSD by taking Kratom every day. I know it helps me get my head screwed on straight.

right now maybe gabapentin.

i just want to do what is natural.

i just get scared of pharmaceutical mixing allot.

Great job Hylight. Have you tried Kratom for your PTSD? There’s a couple of documentaries I have seen that say a lot of folks get good relief from the stress and confusion that come with their PTSD by taking Kratom every day. I know it helps me get my head screwed on straight.
You will be alright. It is just a long process. It didn't start over night and it won't end right away.

It is little baby steps leading to HUGE results. It takes time, or at least seems like it does. You will do it little by little.

You can do this and will. Just take the time to do it properly and it WILL HAPPEN no matter how you struggle.

Never give up to get there. Just for the sake of seeing how good it feels AND it WILL. 💗

I wander back and forth between remembering how much better I felt with the pills, and how horrible I felt each month when the pills ran out.

I woke up this morning after a pretty good sleep and my whole spine felt like I had been in a plane crash. Kratom helps but it still hurts. If I still had pills they would be able to fix my pains, but then I would keep taking them even when the pain wasn’t so bad. That’s why I run out so fast and why I don’t have them for times like this, when I really do need them. On top of everything else I don’t have the ability to lay on the couch for the next week while it hurts. I have work tomorrow. 5 am. Whether it hurts or no. Deadlifting More than 100 pounds at a time. Sometimes 2000 pounds per day.

So I am confused. Is there a word that describes someone like me? In legit pain but doesn’t know how to use the pills sparingly. I do act like an addict at times but it’s not without reason. The x-rays and MRI’s prove I’m not lying about my situation, but I overuse and run out of pills every month like a junkie. Yes I am dependant, even addicted. But it’s in the same way a diabetic takes more insulin so they can have another donut. I push my body to work hard, and the pills fix what I broke.

Somehow it feels like I would be having a different conversation if my tolerance was way low and I didn’t need as much as they give me. If I wasn’t running out then I wouldn’t be an addict, just a patient.

Today wiill be day three without hydrocodone.
Day two felt unstable all day plus worked and got through alright.

Still have a very slight starting of a headache or just feels bruised.

I had just read on another thread that sometimes a vitamin deficiency will be confused with going through paws.

So I put my vitamins out to take before work but was running late and forgot to take. Didn't take one earlier because I can't swallow when I am high on dabs.

The vitamin deficiency makes sense though because I am too tired to prepare good food correctly. Ate tortilla chips and salsa for dinner and some tomato rice soup.

Going to start multivitamins Right Now !!

I feel like day three will be great.

Day four. Not so sure.

Vitamin might help.

edit: where did my edit go ? s#!$

I am still slow from the gabapentin and
my brain feels bruised.
Bu at least I am getting some rest.

Tek - Enhanced 😁

Last edited:
After quitting daily bupre Im definitely gonna stop smoking. 30+ cigs a day is a shitty shitty addiction. Think Im gonna start tapering from the cigs right fucking now so its gonna be easier to quit in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.