• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Positive The Tapering Supportive/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like I’ll be joining y’all in on this withdrawal journey . The guy we have been getting our oxy from for years has just been shut off by his insurance company , even with a doctor pre authorization they have denied him , offered him suboxne or methadone. I’m not messing with either of those so looks like I’m quitting starting today. My last piece was yesterday , slept ok last night but tonight will prob be rough . Gonna be hard , I work full time , have 3 kids one is 15 months .. it is what it is , nothing lasts forever right , good times or bad times .

Sorry to hear that.

Hang in there Larimar.

Loperamide does help.
Kratom helps too.
Just helps withdrawal symptoms though.
None of the pain relief/ mood change/ good feelings
Cannabis does help a lot too and does come with a high.

We know how you feel and are here for support.
Let us know how you are doing my friend.

Looks like I’ll be joining y’all in on this withdrawal journey . The guy we have been getting our oxy from for years has just been shut off by his insurance company , even with a doctor pre authorization they have denied him , offered him suboxne or methadone. I’m not messing with either of those so looks like I’m quitting starting today. My last piece was yesterday , slept ok last night but tonight will prob be rough . Gonna be hard , I work full time , have 3 kids one is 15 months .. it is what it is , nothing lasts forever right , good times or bad times .
Kratom really does work. So does loperamide.

hmmm...well, if it is way less suffering for you to be without Oxy for three weeks, then I think you could make it with the pain.
It sounds like you just really don’t want to let go of that prescription because you are worried if you do that you could never get it back.
That is a scary thought. Especially for people who do live with pain.

There is no way I could make it 3 weeks without my MS Contin.
I would literally die from the pain. I would have a heart attack and die. Pain would kill me.
It is WAY better for me to even have the week of having to lower my dosage.

I do not even know how you are working.
I am not able to work with my chronic pain.

You could be free of the pills.
I think you could do that.

Maybe just having that week break from the pain is getting you by.
It blows my mind that you are taking 400 mg a day for that one week and are not ODing.
You say that you do not even really “feel” it.
I wonder if you are actually overdosing.
It is strange that your family /friends do not notice that you are way fucked up during that week.
I would think you would be nodding out, staggering around, slurring speech. Etc.

Why do you think that is not happening? The Kratom?
Nobody can believe I’m doing my job. Construction type job. Heavy lifting sometimes 100+Pounds. 40 hours/week.
My dr and my lawyer said I’m guaranteed permanent disability but I cannot afford it.
I’m absolutely more afraid of losing that prescription than anything else. If I didn’t have that carrot hanging in front of me every month I don’t know how I would go forward.
I do need to stop though. I’m not fooling everyone. I do nod off occasionally and not make sense. I just don’t sound high. I’m way past overdosing. I don’t think I could kill myself with pills at all anymore. I have had a very high tolerance to opiates since my first Hydrocodone prescription. Crazy high tolerance.

Thanks for the support guys. I’m about 48 hours past my last little piece . Feeling ok just sluggish and restless.

So our guy is fighting with his doctor and insurance and they agreed to give him Nucynta which is tapendol . Looks like it’s a big brother to tramadol. He wants to hook us up with this in place of the oxy.. what do y’all think anyone ever tried this stuff?

Thanks for the support guys. I’m about 48 hours past my last little piece . Feeling ok just sluggish and restless.

So our guy is fighting with his doctor and insurance and they agreed to give him Nucynta which is tapendol . Looks like it’s a big brother to tramadol. He wants to hook us up with this in place of the oxy.. what do y’all think anyone ever tried this stuff?

That is one that I have never tried before.
I have been given tramadol before and I liked it. A lot.
Tramadol was before moving to a more powerful pain medication (MS Contin- I hear Oxy is stronger than MS Contin)
so I do not know how effective that would be for you.
I think it would be better than nothing while your tolerance lowers down.
It would make the withdrawal more comfortable.

I sure would be negotiating a way lower price for those.

It might be a blessing in disguise to get you and your husband back down to a lower tolerance.
You guys might be able to step by step just step off.
❤️🌹

Nobody can believe I’m doing my job. Construction type job. Heavy lifting sometimes 100+Pounds. 40 hours/week.
My dr and my lawyer said I’m guaranteed permanent disability but I cannot afford it.
I’m absolutely more afraid of losing that prescription than anything else. If I didn’t have that carrot hanging in front of me every month I don’t know how I would go forward.
I do need to stop though. I’m not fooling everyone. I do nod off occasionally and not make sense. I just don’t sound high. I’m way past overdosing. I don’t think I could kill myself with pills at all anymore. I have had a very high tolerance to opiates since my first Hydrocodone prescription. Crazy high tolerance.

Okay. I see what is happening better now.
I do not blame you at all for not wanting to give up your prescription.

But, you have to make some changes. You are killing yourself by trying to work like that.
I had to just lower my standards of living and get used to it as there was no way I could work.
Get an office job or something.
It hurts me to think of you just pushing yourself until you drop on the job. That is what I did and that is exactly what ended up happening.

I am sorry you are going through that my dear friend.

Think about making some changes.
You are loved.
❤️

I had to adapt to “Lowered Expectations” LMAO!
One must keep a sense of humor when forced to adapt to “Lowered Expectations”.

My current job pays pretty well. If I got a different job I wouldn’t be able to pay my bills. I would probably end up on the street if I changed careers. And sitting in a chair too long hurts as much as anythSo I’m stuck between a rock and a hard place. It sucks but I’m making it. Dunno how long I can sustain though.
And yeah, I need to make some different life decisions or I’m going to implode.
Three days to prescription day. Tic-toc.

@Squeaky
Would you say Kratom has upped your tolerance way more than loperamide did?

Which is worse in that regard?

I am glad prescription day is coming very soon for you!
relief is in sight!
Try hard to make them last longer!
❤️

@Squeaky
Would you say Kratom has upped your tolerance way more than loperamide did?

Which is worse in that regard?

I am glad prescription day is coming very soon for you!
relief is in sight!
Try hard to make them last longer!
Hard to say. I never used loperamide for more than two weeks, and never at the same time as oxy except the last two days with oxy. I use kratom consistently now. My guess is lope would have done same as kratom.
Either way my tolerance is sky high. Trying to make them last is a losing battle. The only smart move is to quit long enough for my tolerance to drop. Maybe a couple of months. I just don’t know how that could happen since I hurt too much to go to work without help.
And I really want off the Lyrica. That crap is making my teeth feel like I need about 10 root canals! I swear they’re all going to fall out if I keep taking it.

I thought today was script day. I should have stayed in school. It’s tomorrow 😔

UGH!
sorry to hear that!
one more day.
You can make it.
I’ll live. I really want to be free of the pills but even though I haven’t had any in 3 weeks I’m still having a lot of pain. It wakes me up at night and leaves me angry a lot. All I can think now is how nice it would be to take some oxy and get some sleep. A couple of months ago I was saying that I really want to hand them off to someone so I won’t use them. Now I’m just figuring that this may be my life for a very long time.
I have gone through Oxy withdrawls before. By the third week its just a lot of psychological healing, not physical pain. This is not withdrawls. This is just misery.
I guess I’m going to have to talk to my doctor next time to see if there’s something more I can be doing. But no matter what, I cannot use my script so fast anymore.

Hi, may I join in this thread? I have been reading it for awhile. Thinking of you, Squeaky.

I have chronic pain (back and neck) and take oxycodone for it. I also take diazepam which doubles as a muscle relaxer and helps my anxiety.

Both meds help me. I didn’t ask to be put on either med and my doctors are great.

I have not had a dosage increase on either med for quite awhile, a couple of years. Therefore, my pain and anxiety are managed as well. I do not expect to be pain-free or anxiety-free.

My issue is that I struggle with running out early on my scripts each month. Well, I manage on a much lower dose on diazepam but run out of oxycodone. I am in withdrawal for at least a week as a result. Sucks. I have no “sources” to obtain more and I am ok with that.

Therefore, my current goal is taking both meds as prescribed. That would be a huge accomplishment for me. Not sure if I am in the correct thread. Tapering would be down the road, I guess the diazepam as I have read about withdrawals being dangerous/lethal.

I previously had a huge stockpile of Clonazepam and Alprazolam - bipolar mania for a long stretch and didn’t want them to slow me down. Unfortunately, they were stolen from me last year, by a “friend”...obviously not a friend now.

I also may have to switch doctors and I am scared about these two medications being discontinued by new doctors. Oxy for decreased functionality and lowered quality of life. Diazepam - same thing plus anxiety .... gosh, I have been on benzos for ten years. Doctors here seem to titrations too quickly, no knowledge of The Ashton Manual, etc.

Therefore, I need to get on track with med compliance and then stockpile in case I am titrations or a new doctor(s) stops prescribing them. I had a severe loss (death of a loved one) last year and that was when I started having compliance issues with my benzo. I never did totally run out in a month and never touched my (stolen) stash.

But, now I struggle with my benzo. My pain medication (oxy) does challenge me. I am finding it wears off after 3.5 hours. I take instant relase. Six hour intervals.

Please let me know iI I should post elsewhere.

He
Hi, may I join in this thread? I have been reading it for awhile. Thinking of you, Squeaky.

I have chronic pain (back and neck) and take oxycodone for it. I also take diazepam which doubles as a muscle relaxer and helps my anxiety.

Both meds help me. I didn’t ask to be put on either med and my doctors are great.

I have not had a dosage increase on either med for quite awhile, a couple of years. Therefore, my pain and anxiety are managed as well. I do not expect to be pain-free or anxiety-free.

My issue is that I struggle with running out early on my scripts each month. Well, I manage on a much lower dose on diazepam but run out of oxycodone. I am in withdrawal for at least a week as a result. Sucks. I have no “sources” to obtain more and I am ok with that.

Therefore, my current goal is taking both meds as prescribed. That would be a huge accomplishment for me. Not sure if I am in the correct thread. Tapering would be down the road, I guess the diazepam as I have read about withdrawals being dangerous/lethal.

I previously had a huge stockpile of Clonazepam and Alprazolam - bipolar mania for a long stretch and didn’t want them to slow me down. Unfortunately, they were stolen from me last year, by a “friend”...obviously not a friend now.

I also may have to switch doctors and I am scared about these two medications being discontinued by new doctors. Oxy for decreased functionality and lowered quality of life. Diazepam - same thing plus anxiety .... gosh, I have been on benzos for ten years. Doctors here seem to titrations too quickly, no knowledge of The Ashton Manual, etc.

Therefore, I need to get on track with med compliance and then stockpile in case I am titrations or a new doctor(s) stops prescribing them. I had a severe loss (death of a loved one) last year and that was when I started having compliance issues with my benzo. I never did totally run out in a month and never touched my (stolen) stash.

But, now I struggle with my benzo. My pain medication (oxy) does challenge me. I am finding it wears off after 3.5 hours. I take instant relase. Six hour intervals.

Please let me know iI I should post elsewhere.
Welcome MaggieV
Here is a good place to post. How much do you take of the oxy and diazepam?
Most Drs avoid the combination of benzos and opiates like the plague. Unfortunately there’s no good way to get off Benzos except a long taper. You can ease Oxy withdrawls with loperamide(Immodium) or Kratom. Beware they both raise your tolerance for oxy. Loperamide takes about 4 hours to start working but works better than Kratom.
My experience: oxy wds really suck, but getting over them with lope or kratom only means you’re going to use more oxy next month. Life for PainfulOne got better once she got back to sticking to her prescribed dose. The DEA isn’t tracking your combinations of prescriptions. If the new Dr won’t prescribe both, then get a second Dr for the second script and maybe get a second pharmacy too.
Benzos are great when you first start(so are opioids), but after a while it’s really only maintenance. My life got better when I quit Ativan and started only using it once a month or so. I had to identify what was causing my stress and just say no to anyone/anything I couldn’t handle. It took some time but living medicated isn’t better, and stressing about having my pills was as bad as the stress they were supposed to cure. Same with the painkillers- as much as they help, they cause as many problems as they cure. I have a job and a family who depend on me, so it wasn’t easy to quit benzos and it won’t be easy with painkillers either.
I plan to get to where I’m “spot-treating” my pain with oxy. The hangover from oxy use sucks about as much as the pain it’s curing. And I keep using it to get to %100 pain free, which is simply not possible with my tolerance.

Thanks for the welcome, Squeaky. I will give a proper reply soon. I’m sick and have a house visitor for a week. I’m introverted and my anxiety increases after awhile. And, I am having problems sleeting....I could go on but what’s the point.

I’ll be back pronto as I have been self-medicating. Not dangerous amounts but I’m going to run short if I don’t straighten up. Off to bed

Hey guys, I know I don't pop in here much lately modding TDS is hard and have had a couple of years that were horribly stressful and painful. But TDS is probably the most important forum we have. :)

Over the past week and I have micorodsed iboga TA extract 2-3 times day. I used it to get of opiates again.. The relapse is in the dust. :) I'm just so thankful I don't have a chronic pain condition.

Hope you're all doing or at least finding some support. 💗 Feeling 95% opiate-free without the iboga now

Hey guys thanks for all your advice. I think my husband and will finally be able to quit now.
Those nucynta tapendol our guy is getting now suck !!! No energy or happiness from them , no withdraw but not getting any of the things from them that made us want pills . These doctors know what they doing , these nucynta are no where even close as good as OxyContin .
Hopefully we can use these to taper then finally be off pills !!!

I used my script in 7 days this time. It was nice while it lasted but I’m paying the price today. Kratom is keeping me going but the aches and insomnia really suck. Two days ago I used 17 oxy 30’s just to not be in withdrawl and to sleep good.
Even though my pain is legit, Im definitely addicted.
strange thing. This sucks but it’s not much worse the day after I run out than the day before I got my script filled.

I told my wife I’m out of pills today. Hopefully the bit of honesty will stop me from being so ashamed of myself and push me closer to asking for help next month. I couldn’t admit to using them all, so I said I threw away what I had left. At least now I can be upfront about my limitations over the next couple of weeks. I’ll probably miss some work and spend a few days in bed.
I feel like a huge loser, and my back really hurts. But there is a little weight lifted from my shoulders. I know it was the right decision but I’m wd’ing right now and I’m pretty depressed.
“A journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step”

Status
Not open for further replies.