Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The state of drug rehab in Australia

Tronica

Executive Director
Staff member
Hi AusDD folks

I have been approached by the ABC with the following request:

The ABC is researching for a potential documentary on the state of drug and alcohol rehabilitation services in Australia. How hard is it to get into one? Do we have enough? How long are people waiting? The program makers are interested in hearing from people with who are looking/waiting to enter rehab and/or who are stuck on waiting lists. The program makers are reaching out to those best placed to tell it how it really is, seeking your stories on the cost and quality of services, hoping to follow some people through the treatment process. The program aims to improve the system and inspire real change. If you want to get involved, you can contact [email protected]

I've had a chat with the journalist involved and she is genuinely interesting in exploring this topic, all sides of it. So if you have a story to tell, please contact her.

Of course if you end up participating in a documentary, do ensure you are taking the precautions you deem necessary regarding anonymity, remembering that these kinds of media can be posted online forever. Having said that, many people are happy to openly discuss their histories and journeys with drugs and this can work too, but just thought I'd mention the importance of careful consideration of how you are represented, should you get involved.

Does the fuckery of trying to get onto a program count?