• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

The Stae of government mandated legalization in Canada as of November 21st, 2015

Thomas Davie

Moderator: CD
Staff member
The Prime Minister has communicated with our new justice, health and finance ministers and tasked them with creating (in consult with provincial and territorial assists) a system for the legalized, regulated and taxed sales of Cannabis.

-input is being sought from the provinces and territories (each will have health, justice and finance)
-provinces are starting to talk about MJ (Manitoba Premier wants sales in provincial liquor stores and possibly private stores)
-Cities in BC want guidance from the feds regarding dispensaries
-A number or larger cities are starting to talk about MJ at city council meetings; wanting to have something in place for when things start to move in their province/territory)

From what I can gather, a lot of communities are looking at this from the bottom up, in the belief that legalization will proceed federally, with certain significant decisions left up to each province/territory/city/town. Whether or not we will get personal cultivation capabilities will probably be decided federally with an eye towards avoiding a supreme court challenge.

@Egzoset - It's about what I thought would happen, when mini-PET directed health, justice and finance ministers to get started, and also pretty similar for the provincial and municipal responses as well. Have read some good statements from law enforcement and some very idiotic ones also. I'm still optimistic considering what I've read from BC -> Maritimes. Lots of newspapers seem engaged and talk radio involvement.

I'm still waiting for the sky to fall though....

Tom

Salutations Thomas Davie,

The Prime Minister has communicated with our new justice, health and finance ministers...

Yes, so i read many days ago and hence one might become curious as to why exactly science wasn't even considered an essential part of this process, vaguely remembering it was also mentioned during the electoral period...

...a system for the legalized, regulated and taxed sales of Cannabis.

M'well it certainly wouldn't hurt to revisit the Liberal's web site, in BOTH official languages (...) if you don't mind:

En:

« We will remove marijuana consumption and incidental possession from the Criminal Code, and create new, stronger laws to punish more severely... »

Fr:

« Nous retirerons la consommation et la possession de marijuana du Code criminel et élaborerons de nouvelles lois plus strictes. »

So... Please care to notice there's an important qualitative word missing when addressing the French-speaking voters. Personally i find quite some huge semantic difference exists between both versions of a very same "legalisation" approach. But that's me. Then i got to ask myself how i'm supposed to obtain it in the 1st place...

:\

According to the English formulation i'd expect being declared criminal automatically simply because my cannabic consumption is nothing close to temporary and/or circumstancial, e.g. "INCIDENTAL", in any case (!): the thing is i must confess i just don't like "shit" until it's (at least!) somewhat "cured", which implies planned/long-term storage, etc. Yet no such distinction exists in the text published to the attention of French-speaking voters.

How come? Please explain it to me which version should apply to us anyway?... Or how it serves public health to create/add such legal confusion prior to all preliminary work, somehow reminding me of twisted/irrational attitudes when it comes to the sex industry, for example.

8)

...legalization will proceed federally...

International treaties belong to the federal scene and the infamous bigot "schedule" with it. Once we're back to the situation of 1885, before Ottawa silently transfered this responsability (without a trace of Québec's consent i guess), we'll be facing boldly hostile prohibitionists presently at work in our provincial parliament - RIGHT NOW:

2hmd8vc.jpg

In Québec our health minister Lucie Charlebois already dedicated her resources targeting smoker, e-Cig and vaporist items altogheter, through her bigot Liberal law project exactly:

Le mardi 18 août 2015 - Vol. 44 N° 58

Consultations particulières et auditions publiques sur le projet de loi n° 44, Loi visant à renforcer la lutte contre le tabagisme

So much hate monger, in the name of children, of course!...

:|

Whether or not we will get personal cultivation capabilities will probably be decided federally with an eye towards avoiding a supreme court challenge. ... I'm still optimistic considering what I've read... ...still waiting for the sky to fall...

Feel free to remain optimistic about what's going on in British Columbia, i'm not holding my breath.

As for MiniPET's promise to prevent exposure to anything cannabis-related under adulthood age i certainly do trust his father's son shall effectively do whatever is in his power to realize that goal fully, his way, always in the name of our poor children - who can reach maturity despite tobacco/alcohol/gambling an so on, apparently, but still perish turning non-human after dealing with the "evil" herb!

Consequently, under such context i just can't imagine home cultivation as a valid option even to licensed medical patients, which is the master key here.

M'well at least young Trudeau seems to be conceiling his agenda real good if he doesn't want cannabis to be removed 100 % form all Canadian environments, pure and simple. Except perhaps for monopoly Mosanto/subsidized "weed" producers hiding in nuclear bomb shelters and whatnot, etc. IMO MiniPET ain't visibly/genuinely obcessed with lesser/trivial considerations such as plain social justice and other associated considerations, to say the least.

Good day, have fun!! =D