• ⭐️⭐️

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️

• ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

• Total voters
Nope, it wasn't Lil' Carmine.
I can't remember who that guy was (damn pot) but hbo.com says his name was Joe Peeps.

The last good episode of season five was the one involving Christopher's little episode; the last few have been absolute trash.

Hopefully it will pick up tonight. I want some fucking action, damn it.

Yeah they are kind of dropping the ball this season, but it may be that the set up will be worth it in the end....

I think Christopher and Silvio are both WOEFULLY under used this season...

There is too much focus on the Tony/Carmela marital situation and not enough on the other characters and the business as a whole. They need to balance it out a little more. I really liked Carmela's father in the last episode that old guy was fucking funny. He is one of the few people who are actually on Tony's side 100%.

Uncle Junior is being used in an interesting way this season, I like to see the metamorphosis his character has gone through.

Tonight should be interesting, but like you guys said.... let's see a little more action.

BlueAdonis said:
Nope, it wasn't Lil' Carmine.
I can't remember who that guy was (damn pot) but hbo.com says his name was Joe Peeps.

Yup, he was Phil's driver and the guy Tony B. met before at the body shop. Phil will probably not be to happy and he is already upset at Tony, maybe a little retaliation?

Ex-mobster-turned-informant comes clean about 'Sopranos'

03/12/04

So you've heard what the all critics said about the long-awaited new season of "The Sopranos." Here's a critique closer to home. Last week, I talked to Anthony Delmonti about the show. Delmonti was a career criminal and a longtime Cleveland organized crime associate. He missed six Christmases during one stretch, doing time for crimes involving drugs, guns, stolen cars, fraud and phony food stamps among other violations. Then he went to work as an undercover informant for the government. In five years with the FBI, Delmonti made hundreds of audio and video recordings leading to dozens of arrests in Cleveland, Buffalo and Rochester, N.Y., and New York City.

Delmonti is the only informant ever to be video- and audiotaped while being "made" a member of the Bonanno crime family. The Plain Dealer profiled him in August. Delmonti never entered the government's Witness Protection Program, and his contract with the FBI was completed. He lives now in an undisclosed location and spoke by phone.

How good is "The Sopranos" technically?

"They must have a wiseguy as a consultant because they have it all down pretty good. And not just how things work from a criminal enterprise point of view, but also emotionally. They have the protocol down. They have the jealousies within the crews. Like Pauley and Christopher in last Sunday's episode. How they were good friends and then how they turn on each other. And when they shot that waiter in the parking lot? I don't think the writers of that show know how true a scenario that is."

You really had a unique perspective on "The Sopranos."

"I did. I'd discuss an episode with the wiseguys in Cleveland and Rochester. Then I'd talk about it with FBI agents. Both groups found it accurate."

Do wiseguys enjoy "The Sopranos" as much as everybody else?

"More, I think, although there are two schools of thought. The old-timers say all publicity is bad. Wiseguys who want to be famous like John Gotti always go to jail. Or get clipped. The old- timers don't even like the "Godfather" movies. They say the low profile is the only way to go. On the other hand, when the scary images are everywhere, it makes a wiseguy's job so much easier. You don't have to go through a lot of explaining to people. Your average Joe knows all the stories. They don't give you a hard time. If they owe you money, they pay up."

Weren't you working as an informant during the season in which the character Big farfalla was doing the same thing?

"I was sorry when they killed him. I thought he shoulda got a pass. He didn't do that much damage. He was just giving the feds bits and pieces. That was hard for me to watch. Not because I was afraid of getting whacked. But all the conflicting feelings, betraying your friends and living that double life. It was no picnic."

A video recording you made was used recently to convict local businessman Joseph Carey for bankrolling a gambling operation. What do you remember about that case?

"Carey kept saying how much he hated the FBI and how stupid they were. He said they couldn't find [expletive] on a doorknob. He said they couldn't find their [expletive] with two hands and a map. Meanwhile, I'm recording all these comments for the FBI. I kept saying, 'Well, they're not so bad.' He wouldn't have it. He kept on insulting them. I think they really enjoyed arresting him."

Was there anything on the first episode of the new season of "The Sopranos" you found off the mark?

When Robert Loggia got out of jail, there should have been a party for him. Even a small one. And Tony should have handed him an envelope. Because wiseguys need money when they just get out of the can. And even though it was a very funny scene, I thought the intervention for Christopher's drug problem last season must have been a writer's idea. Wiseguys do go to treatment for drugs. But wiseguys don't do interventions. You go to treatment or else.

What hit closest to home for you?

Had to be Tony fighting with his wife. But I have a feeling that's not unique to wiseguys.

via cleveland.com

Thanks much, Ditto.

Yeah, this season has been pretty slow. But it seems that they all like to start out that way.

By the way, the episode dealing with Chris and his rehab friend was one of the most darkly comic ones, ever.
;)

I can't believe how many of you are complaining about a "lack of action."

This isn't a Steven Segal movie.

And while each episode can stand alone for sheer entertainment value, I like to think of each season as a thirteen-hour epic movie. And no movie can (or should) have wall-to-wall non-stop action.

Not to mention the fact that the character development, dialogue and acting are unparalleled in the history of television.

Vivo Los Sopranos.

Possible Spoliers!

I thought the last show was great (Unidentified Black Male)

Things with Tony's cousin are heating up, and I swear Carmella is going to kill Tony someday. Vito's little incident cracked me up! I think Meadow's boyfriend proposed to her to save his own ass from being whacked by Vito (no way would he wack the boss's daughter's fiancee)

I wish they would show more of Adrianna and whats up with her...

(no way would he wack the boss's daughter's fiancee)

What about Jackie Jr.?

Im really getting disappointed with this season. Each episode seems completely different, one episode chris flys off the handle trys to kill Tony and we never hear anything about it again. Next, we find out Uncle Ju has had mild strokes which caused his erratic behavior, never to hear anything of it again. Tony meets his fathers goomah gives her some money, spends time with her and we never see her again. Then we have an episode about Meadow's boyfriend working at a construction site, and big ass Vito giving head to some dude. wtf.8o 8(

It just seems like their all over the place. If it wasn't for the NY situation, I dont think that they could keep me as a viewer. There just isn't anything else that I find interesting anymore. There just has to be more about the business and capos simple as that. I mean that is why I watch it, if I wanted to watch a fucking soap opera I'd turn on Days of Our Lives or some bullshit. rant over.

It looks like I'm getting in on this a little late, but what the hell was up with Vito last week? That was a hell of fckin surprise. And what the hell was Finn thinkin by ditching him at that baseball game? Also, when are we gonna find out what damage Adriana's blabbermouth caused? I'm with Dittohead, although I enjoy every episode, I wish they would continue some storylines instead of completely ditching them from episode to episode. Also, from the preview it looks like someone is getting whacked next episode. Any guesses on who it might be?

I think the whole Vito thing while looking like cock sucking was a misunderstanding, maybe he was reaching for a tool (no pun intended). And that the tickets were his way of ingratiating himself with Finn, as he was Meadow's boyfriend (a close connection to Tony). I could be wrong but however it plays out it will be entertaining.

I don't know, to me it looked like the guy in the driver's seat was zipping up his pants. You could be right though, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

yeah i been watching. wasnt too impressed by tonights episode. slow moving and nothing really eventuated. next week looks good.

*points at avatar*

im at work for half of it, so i end up catching the last part.
'the sopranos' is awesome, i need to buy the rest of the series on dvd. only have seasons 1 & 2 :(

Must Have Got Some Tatt's, Too. They Did 'Em Quick.

diegoblunt said:
yeah i been watching. wasnt too impressed by tonights episode. slow moving and nothing really eventuated. next week looks good.

*points at avatar*

^^^
Keep pointing at your avatar, Pauly
Did you go down to Mexico to handle some business?
Looks like you picked up a tan ;)

Apart from my necessary bouts with The Simpsons,
it's the only show that I follow -
I need a weekly Ganster Hit.