• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Small & Handy DOEF Thread

I would say Tobala's point is prudent though. Especially with such an exotic chem and moreover since this particular chem has been 'counterfeited' before...we would love to see definitive data to support that it is ACTUALLY DOEF before we get the trip reports. Safety and also just to ensure that we're all on the same page. Otherwise there will always be that doubt...

best of luck man!

So I made a few calls to various friends who I know to be fond of MDMA and found someone with a Marquis test that he's expressed a willingness to fork over for my temporary use. Does anyone think there's a possibility that the presence of a fluorine atom will set off a distinct reaction with the Marquis, or is this really only going to tell me I'm dealing with a DOx of some sort?

Again, thanks for all the advice, guys. I only hope that this sample is the real deal so I can provide some first-hand reports in exchange for all your help.

I don't know if DOEF will give a distinctive reaction compared to the more commonly-available DO-X's. In any event, here's a little Marquis color chart gleaned from the literature and my own tests:

DOB yellow/green
DOC dark green
DOI dark green
DOM yellow
DOET yellow/brown
DMA dark green

I'm *guessing* that if your result is more yellow/brown than dark green, you may be onto something. But such a result would in no way be definitive.

by the way, welcome to BL man!!!! :D

if you haven't noticed by now in the forum index, we have a forum devoted to trip reports. Looking forward to any trip reports you come up with and any you want to post about any other unusual drugs you've tried (or usual ones whatever you want!).

peace and light

Thanks for the welcome, Sunyata. Actually, my first post here was a trip report on a DOM experience that I had a few months ago. Reckon it should still be floating around out there as I don't think it was old enough to get swept away in the pruning.

I got ahold of and performed the Marquis test late last night and the results look like, well, pneumonic phlegm (that is to say, mostly brown with streaks of yellow). From the key that tobala provided (thanks, dude!) it looks like the sample may actually be DOET. Then again, without a known Marquis result for DOEF, I guess it's impossible to be certain. Anyhow, after all the astute caveats from you good folks, I'm inclined pretty strongly against bioassaying this material without a definitive conclusion as to its chemical makeup. Which means it looks like I'll probably be putting it on the shelf until I come across someone with a lab at his/her disposal.

^ I'm no expert in chemistry, but looking at the similarity in chemical makeup between DOET and DOEF, I wouldn't be surprised if Marquis would indeed have the same reaction. You are right though - no way to be certain which it is if that's the case.

Going by melting point, it would seem though that it would probably not be DOET after all? However, even if it is DOET, I would certainly continue experimenting with it if such substance were in my possession - DOET seems very interesting to me in its own right! Also, higher doses should make it easier to distinguish between the two, as DOET will most likely be more profound and intense of a psychedelic (as does seem to be the case for all 4-alkylated PEAs vs 4-halogenated ones, including DOEF).

That's just what I would do in your position, though, YMMV. Hopefully you can get the compound properly tested at one point, regardless of whether or not you continue experimenting with it in the mean time. Please keep us posted either way!

Well actually, my thought is that the ethyl group at the 4-position is what gives the yellow/brown color with Marquis reagent (you'll see the same thing with 2C-E). In essence, you have ruled out DOI, which would give a very obvious dark-green color.

DOET's MP is 194 deg C, far enough away from your result to rule it out.

So this reaction taken with the melting point result makes me inclined to believe that what you have could very well be DOEF. Great! :D

BTW, to be honest, everything you've done is exactly what I would have to determine the substance's identity to the best of my ability. I personally would feel confident enough at this point to go ahead with assaying the material. But that's just me--we all have our own standards when deciding to experiment with these chemicals.

Good call, fellas. I didn't even bother to look up DOET's MP. I think I might be flip-flopping yet again. With an open weekend ahead of me and all tests indicating DOEF, it kind of looks like the stars might be aligning in favor of a test run after all. If I go through with it, I'll do my best to keep a trip log, or at the very least right up a trip report retroactively, and post it expediently. Again, thanks for all the help everyone.

That is so awesome! :) I'm glad the universe has gifted a capable person with this substance. :)

Sounds very cool. Please give this man good weather this weekend....

Wow. I'm in the process of writing up a complete trip report (including some time-stamped notes I jotted down during the experience), but I figured I'd drop by and give a synopsis of what stood out about my trip yesterday.

As for the dose and timetable, I took 3 mg calculated by liquid measurement at approximately 11:30 AM. I noticed a familiar psychedelic tinge around one hour and peaked about three and a half hours after dosing. I was mostly at baseline by the time I fell asleep close to midnight.

First off, not only is this one of the least physically threatening psychs I've come across, it's one of the most physically pleasurable. Unlike the buzzing/rushing/tingling/burning sensations I associate with the other substituted amphetamines I've sampled (DOM, DOI, DOC), and which many people find uncomfortable and even frightening, DOEF provided only a mild warmth throughout my core and extremities that I can only compare with ~100 mg of MDMA. The body feeling was very conducive to both aerobic movement (I spent hours 2-4 dancing around my room when I wasn't rolling on the floor with laughter) and the erotic (alas, the girlfriend is several thousand miles away at the moment). The physical effects subsided gradually after hour ten of the experience and left my muscles feeling somewhat tired but in a positive way, much like after a full day of hiking/biking, which I think helped me slide off into a deep sleep around hour thirteen. In a lot of ways, the body effects were worrisome to me only insofar as they were a little too subtly enjoyable. The feeling, which I already associated with MDMA, also has a hint of the physical glow associated with opiates, and I would not be surprised if this drug proved to have a lot of abuse potential if it ever became available on a large scale.

However, if the body high was outstanding, the mindspace was absolutely heavenly. For the duration of the primary effects, which began around the third hour and started to ebb towards the eleventh, I felt as though I'd struck the perfect equilibrium between the cold, analytical mentality induced by amphetamine, the unorthodox thought patterns characteristic of LSD, and the compassion and positivity (even glee) I experience with AMT. This stuff really shines in a social setting. In fact, I spent all that time in my room dancing not simply because of the body energy, but also because if I sat idle, even for a few minutes, I became very lonely–I NEEDED to share the experience with others. Thus it was an enormous relief when a friend eventually came to pick me up to go fishing. Despite having little success catching anything, we spent the entire afternoon sitting on a lake in a canoe (beautiful day, beautiful lake) smoking pot and having some of the most emotionally fulfilling conversations I've had in an inestimably long time. I felt able to approach problems facing myself and others with a perspective that was at once objective and entirely human, and in retrospect I'm convinced I made a lot of progress emotionally on this trip.

Visually, there wasn't much to speak of with eyes open, though this may have something to do with the entire trip taking place in the daylight. I noticed a fair amount of color saturation, which only enhanced my positive perception of the already beautiful day, as well as some minor patterning on complex surfaces (banks of trees, asphault, etc.). Movement, shifiting, and melting, however, were almost completely absent. With eyes closed, colors abounded, and with a little patience I was able to lose myself in alien landscapes slathered in a rainbow palette somewhat reminiscent of what I've encountered on DOM, but more organic. It's hard for me to say whether a higher dose would cause a more visual experience with eyes open.

All in all, this was an absolutely fantastic experience. I would definitely say that the company of others (not necessarily others under the influence, though I imagine that would only make things even enjoyable) is imperative to tripping on DOEF. Given its duration, I could see it being difficult to distract oneself from the eagerness for personal contact I felt growing in me several hours into this experience. I also felt a little tummy iffines around the second hour, so I imagine those who commonly experience GI problems with phenethylamines would be well advised to have a WC nearby during the come up. Beyond that, a definite two thumbs up! I have every intention of stepping this dose up by half a milligram the next chance I get.

Last edited:
Ah! Writings like yours give me idolization for such further experiments!

Cheers to you dude! I'll be coming down to Virginia just to see you (oh, and pay a visit to my compadre Xorkoth as well)... ;)

Fucking awesome, dude! :) I'm so glad you got to try this and so glad it seems to be a winner. Now I've got to try to find some.

Hey everyone,

Sorry I haven't gotten around to posting a complete trip report yet. I realize this is a really selectively available chemical and that it's kinda my obligation to provide all of the information that I can to the community concerning its effects, however I've been really busy lately settling into a new job (working at a vineyard; it's exhausting!) and just dealing with life in general.

There were a couple of things I wanted to add, though, since I have a few free minutes on my hands. First of all, I forgot to note that I monitored my heart rate and my blood pressure both before and during the experience (every 1-2 hours after effects manifested) and noticed no significant alterations in either, save once when I was still worked up from a frenetic dancing sesh.

Also, I gave an experienced friend an identical dose to the one I took, which he swallowed early yesterday. In the limited time I spent talking with him today, he described a trip "much like AMT," with slightly less euphoria, more insight/introspection, and a stronger sense of mental psychedelia (read: more confusion/wonder/spiritual awe). He reported no negative physical symptoms save for a brief wave of nausea around the two hour point which passed without any vomiting. The entire experience lasted around 15 hours, at which point he was able to sleep soundly.

I'm hoping to sample this one again soon at a slightly higher dose. If I do, I may write up a combined trip report including some additional details about my first experience. It may take a few days, though, as I sampled DOI yesterday (what a horrible mess of vasoconstriction and muscle clenching and manic episodes! yech!) and don't want tolerance to have an impact.

^ DOI really is kind of a mess, isn't it? It does have a lot of nice psychedelic effects, but also a number of nasty side-effects. So far, DOEF seems very similar to DOI without the physical side-effects - hopefully higher doses don't reveal any negative effects and the tendency continues! It really seems like a worthwhile substance so far though.

Thank you for reporting, keep us posted!