PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Small & Handy BOHB (beta-hydroxy-2C-B) thread

roi

Bluelighter
YFjaGeE.png

One that Shulgin missed even though he looked at BOHD

Likely the active metabolite of βk-2C-B. Also called BH-2C-B (technically incorrect) and BOH-2C-B.

----------------------------------

I must have accidentally deleted my trip report of it, so this is from memory:

• Less stimulating than 2C-B and slightly less visual, rest is pretty much the same, euphoria, music enhancement etc.

• Does not lower blood pressure (as seen with BOHD). I measured it every few minutes for a whole trip, and it was slightly increased but not decreased compared to baseline values, only drop happened after taking a hot shower.

• Duration in total of about 9 hours.

• Dose was about 50-65mg orally.
βk-2C-B is pretty much hit or miss for many people, this one should be way more stable (I assume it'll work with all ROAs instead of just oral and not degrade into shit when mixed with water).

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like a interesting chem. Good duration and less stimulating than 2cb. How much less are the visuals. I have not had the pleasure of doing any 2c x drug. But 2cb nbome had beautiful Persian carpet visuals.
So how are the visuals on a scale of 1 to 10? (10 being 2cb)

Maybe a 5? My highest dose was 55mg which was somewhat of a +/++ trip, can't really judge it before experiencing full +++!

This molecule will not cross the blood–brain barrier so easily. It works When you have beta-ketone, beta-MeO or beta-methyl but not so easily with beta-hydroxy. Beta-hydroxy-2CB is too polar. It will provide peripheral side effects. The effect will be peripheral like beta-hydroxy-2C-D.

Alpha methyl version of Beta-hydroxy-2CB is beta-HO-DOB. Here you have some information for beta-HO-DOB:
Activation of 5-HT2A serotonin receptors represents a novel approach to lowering intraocular pressure. Because 5-HT2A serotonin receptor agonists might also produce undesirable central effects should sufficient quantities enter the brain, attempts were made to identify 5-HT2 serotonin receptor agonists with reduced propensity to penetrate the blood−brain barrier. 1-(4-Bromo-2,5-dimethoxyphenyl)-2-aminopropan-1-ol (6), an analogue of the 5-HT2 serotonin receptor agonist 1-(4-bromo-2,5-dimethoxyphenyl)-2-aminopropane (DOB; 1a) bearing a benzylic hydroxyl group, was identified as a candidate structure. Of the four optical isomers of 6, the 1R,2R-isomer (6d; Ki = 0.5 nM) was found to bind at 5-HT2A receptors with an affinity similar to that of R(−)DOB (Ki = 0.2 nM). Like R(−)DOB, 6d behaved as a partial agonist (efficacy ca. 50 % ) in a 5-HT2-mediated calcium mobilization assay. However, in an in vivo test of central action (i.e., stimulus generalization with rats as subjects), 6d was >15 times less potent than R(−)DOB. O-Methylation of 6d (i.e., 7d; 5-HT2A Ki = 0.3 nM) resulted in an agent that behaved as a full (93% efficacy) agonist. Intraocular administration of 300 μg of 6d and 7d to ocular hypertensive monkeys was shown to reduce intraocular pressure by 20−27%. Given the route of administration (i.e., topical), and concentrations necessary to reduce intraocular pressure, compounds such as 6d should demonstrate minimal central effects at potentially useful therapeutic doses and offer useful leads for further development.
https://www.thevespiary.org/rhodium...oxie_docs/000537524-JMC2004_oxygenatedDOB.pdf

3Lwp12u.jpg

Last edited:
Currently tripping on 40mg (oral) - very nice, easy going, mood lift, no mind fuck, music is amazing, slightly stimulating. No blood pressure issues at all.

I love it! =D

I tried this a few years back and quite enjoyed it but it gave me a bad headache. I never had the chance to revisit it but I'm excited that it's gone on sale.

Worth noting that BH-2C-B would refer to the beta-hydride, so BOH-2C-B or BOHB would be much better names. I'll be calling it BOHB since it's unique and descriptive enough.

Better pronounce it "boob" to avoid confusion with BOB (4-Bromo-2,5,beta-trimethoxy-PEA)

I pronounce it to rhyme with "robe", with a soft "oh" sound in the middle.

Not that I expect to be pronouncing it verbally for a few months yet at least!

Should be getting some of this soon.

Anyone reagent-tested a known sample? Should I expect the same results as 2C-B seen here? http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...esults-for-stim-empathogen-2C-X-RC-s-amp-more

I tried this a few years back and quite enjoyed it but it gave me a bad headache.

I tend to get headaches from 2C- compounds more often than others. Do you? Wish I knew the mechanism so I could try to avoid. I might try to preload L-Arginine in case it is vasoconstriction, though I don't notice it in my extremities.

I've never had headaches from any psychedelic before.

An unconfirmed sample went green with the marquis reagent.

boob, Seriously Solopsis..... LOL... I know you don't want to confuse it with BOB, but the next thing you know some moron will turn boob.... into tits and then people will think it's heroin LOL....

No offence I just found it quite funny. Transform, not sure what to think about the headache, that would make me stay away from a psychedelic as well because it sounds very strange, I can remember when I was soo very interested in 25I there was actually a report out that miniscule amounts actually helped alleviate headaches because of the vasco-constriction.

There are reports of 20-30 hour activity from 200+ mg doses of bk-2CB

Question: could the normal process of methylation in the liver result in the alpha methyl group attached to the 2-CB molecule when taking 200-300 mg of bk-2-CB, but it is not normally seen because nobody ever takes 200-300 mg of 2-CB

Question 2: could the beta-ketone of bk-2-CB be converted in the stomach to beta-hydroxy, then methylated to form BOB?? (more reasonable to me)

This is likely vasoconstrictive, as the beta-OH mimics the structure of adrenaline, noradrenaline and of ephedrine/pseudo. Found beta-keto-2C-B pretty vasoconstrictive as it was, after trying an IV dose. (not easily done, of course as it rapidly dimerizes in solution

Made me feel freezing cold, due to vasoconstrictor effect, and I had to crawl into bed and wrap a load of warm clothes around me.

And 2C-B does not HAVE an alpha-methyl group, the alpha-CH3 is the signature of amphetamines, not phenethylamines. 2C-B with a methyl group on the alpha carbon, is the drug DOB.

This is likely vasoconstrictive, as the beta-OH mimics the structure of adrenaline, noradrenaline and of ephedrine/pseudo. Found beta-keto-2C-B pretty vasoconstrictive as it was, after trying an IV dose. (not easily done, of course as it rapidly dimerizes in solution

Made me feel freezing cold, due to vasoconstrictor effect, and I had to crawl into bed and wrap a load of warm clothes around me.

And 2C-B does not HAVE an alpha-methyl group, the alpha-CH3 is the signature of amphetamines, not phenethylamines. 2C-B with a methyl group on the alpha carbon, is the drug DOB.

Of course it doesn't, but 2C-B can obviously be methylated to DOB. (maybe not directly, but through intermediates)

You didn't address the beta-ketone being converted to a hydroxy and then methlyated to a methoxy to form BOB -- this could explain the multiple reports of bk-2C-B being highly psychedlic and lasting 24 hours+ at doeses of 200-300 mg

It is quite interesting that the beta-hydroxy analogue of 2C-B (possibly formed by hydrolysis in gastric juices of the beta-ketone analogue) cannot cross the BBB -- makes even more sense that the beta-hydroxy gets methylated in the liver to a beta-methoxy resulting in BOB

Yes ethanolamines are blood pressure modulators, but BOHD was rather found to drop blood pressure than elevate it. And vasoconstriction is usually associated with elevated blood pressure, so that doesn't seem to make sense LC. So yes generally these kinds of compounds could affect your BP as one of them (iirc BOHD) has done that anecdotally and it makes sense being ethanolamines... but how it is affected is another thing.

Of course it doesn't, but 2C-B can obviously be methylated to DOB. (maybe not directly, but through intermediates)

You didn't address the beta-ketone being converted to a hydroxy and then methlyated to a methoxy to form BOB -- this could explain the multiple reports of bk-2C-B being highly psychedlic and lasting 24 hours+ at doeses of 200-300 mg

When you're taking three times the normal dose, then you'll still have 1.5 normal doses floating around your body after one half-life has elapsed. So while your body may already be starting to downregulate its receptors during the trip, it isn't unreasonable to expect a massive overdose to significantly extend its duration.

Anyway, O-methylation of the beta-hydroxy would be diametrically opposed to what your body is usually trying to do with the drugs you ingest, namely to make them *more* hydrophilic to be able to excrete them more quickly.
Also, a single hydroxyl group (especially if it's on the beta carbon, as opposed to the aromatic ring) won't completely prevent this stuff from crossing the BBB. Yes, it's going to be significantly weaker than 2C-B itself with more peripheral side effects, but there are plenty of centrally active substances with hydroxyls on them (heck, morphine has two of the damn things).

Last edited:
Intresting enough. I cant wait till it will be spread over another vendors.

Because bk-2-cb is on my favorite top-3 rc list (among with DOC and 2CE) and if it is the same as it only more potent and stabile its very promising.

Last edited:
I don't believe in the O-methylation either... in some cases like with catecholamines and COMT, or with methylation and acetylation in the liver of particular groups, methylation does happen... but not just by this beta-hydroxy I don't think. Ethanolamine antihypertensives don't appear to be metabolized that way, nor are ephedrines and SMARTcyp does not predict any beta position either for compounds like BOHB.