Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives The Small & Handy 3,4-MD-PCP thread

Nervewing

Bluelighter
Once again just copying what I shared to reddit

The lab that sent me the sample of this hasn't officially announced this one yet but I'm 99% sure I have permission to share and I was too excited about this to wait. I have had the pleasure of sampling and testing this compound for the last few months and imo its something wonderful to behold! It will hopefully be available soon.

(I am not shilling for this lab btw, there are other things I got to sample which were much more lacking that I don't have permission to share my notes on yet)

The short of it is that 3,4-MD-PCP is a really really fascinating compound that is extremely versatile and variable in its experience, it really projects on the set and setting and if you got those right its absolutely sublime. It's really hard to pin down a description on it otherwise because my trials have gone so many different ways. It's something quite amorphous. The common threads I found were that it is somewhat stimulating, not too hole-y, a little manic, euphoric, and sociable. The rest is just a jungle of variable effects.
I also have written a full detailed report on a single 40 mg dose.
(It's posted here too if you wanna chat about it!)

First I will share just some notes about this compound's structure just copied verbatim from the preface of my report, its a ton of chem jargon so you can skip it for the juicy stuff (sorry I think its important to share!)

After that is the juicy stuff, the info I gathered for myself for dosage and duration. Once again, I am a single data point, for all I know my reaction could have been anomalous. DO NOT use this dosage chart as a way to map out a high starting dose, if you get your hands on this PLEASE start as low as you can measure and work your way up until this data is corroborated by more people. This is just a VERY rough framework from what I've tested so far. And then some notes from my first few trials of it.

Structure
GC data
(the big peaks that are below the expected MM are probably just decomp. byproducts from the test, the correct peak is definitely in there and is the highest mass one!)

So, 3,4-MD-PCP is yet another new arylcyclohexylamine. While most new ones have been following a fairly predictable pattern for design, 3,4-MD-PCP brings something new to the table. The 3,4-MD denotes a methylenedioxy group attached to the 3 and 4 positions of a phenyl ring. Chem savvy drug users may instantly recognize this as the distinctive substitution on the methamphetamine base that forms MDMA. It can also be seen in other stimulants like MDPV and Methylone. In this case, the methylenedioxygroup is seen attached to the phenyl ring in PCP.
So in seeing this, one may think- “Wow! So is this compound a combination of PCP and MDMA?”. That is not how drugs work though. The effects of MDMA are due to the interplay of the 3,4-MD substitution with the amphetamine base. Lacking that amphetamine base, a 3,4-MD group will not generate the empathogenic effects MDMA is so known for. It is simply a coincidence that a 3,4-MD group retains some sort of psychoactive activity on both the PCP and Methamphetamine base. Rather, this molecule stands alone as a unique and fascinating dissociative drug, vastly different from both PCP and MDMA.

It is worth noting that 3,4-MD-PCPr is the most selective NMDA antagonist known. (The source for this is Dr. Jason Wallach’s dissertation) This means it would hypothetically offer about as pure of a dissociative experience as possible, as most other dissociatives hit a variety of other receptors, giving them peripheral stimulant effects. 3,4-MD-PCPr pretty much only hits the NMDA and DAT receptor (most other dissociatives hit serotonin and norepinephrine receptors in some way too)- there is perhaps something very interesting to be explored there- is this selectivity a result of the 3,4-MD substitution? Only further studies and more data can tell us.

My main ROA was of course intranasal. It is the same potency when taken orally or sublingually just with a much longer comeup for both ROA's and a longer overall duration. The powder is not super fun to snort, bitter and unpleasant but it doesn’t sting too much and its not very caustic at all. Its mostly just the volume and texture and smell/flavor that makes it somewhat uncomfortable.

Preliminary dosage chart (rough estimate, may vary a lot
ROA: Intranasal
Threshold: 5 mg
Light: 5-20 mg
Medium: 20-40 mg
Heavy: 40+ mg

Preliminary duration chart (rough estimate, may vary a lot)
ROA: Intranasal
Onset: 15-30 mins
Comeup: .5-1 hr
Peak: 2-4 hrs
Comedown: 3-5 hrs
Total: 6-10 hrs

Comments on my first 3 trials:
First trial was 5 mg followed by 10 mg an hour later, followed by another 10 mg 2 hours later. The first dose was taken at home, the second right before leaving home, the last at an outdoor rave. Threshold effects were felt from the first 5 mg dose after about 30 minutes, though there was not much else to note. After the 10 mg redose, dissociative effects became more marked and distinct, appearing after about another 30 minutes. While I was certainly dissociated I had no issue being in public and riding public transportation. The headspace was lucid and psychedelic, with a sense of a louder and more articulate internal voice. There were barely discernible visuals at this point, light patterns on the sky and on the walls. Another redose about 2 hours later proved to be delightful. I was bubbly, sociable, extroverted and there was a substantial sense of euphoria, energy, and a heavy, floppy dissociation. I went home that night feeling gratified and jubilant.

Second trial was with 20 mg, followed by another 20 mg dose an hour later. This was in a more sedentary setting, just relaxing at home. The initial dose felt light, equivalent to my experience after a redose last time. Perfectly manageable, with a slight sense of dissociation, light visuals, and a bit of euphoria and confidence. Another 20 mg dose and the experience became heavier, there is a distinct sense of physical dissociation that sank into my limbs, the entire experience is taken by a heavy dissociation, I felt like I was sinking into reality, I lost coordination. There was less of a rush and more of a steady sense of coming up and falling deeper into the experience, it all feels sleek and smooth. This drug is warm. I don’t remember much of the night, I didn’t really do anything noteworthy, but doing nothing felt good. There felt a sense of emotion and insight, of analyzing my stimuli and sensory inputs. It feels like a dulled psychedelic. I am back to baseline about 7 hours from my initial dose.

Third trial was 50 mg taken all at once, intranasally. I was home alone for the extent of this experience and took extensive notes. This proved to be an overwhelming, all-consuming experience that vacillated between a fully incapacitated hole state and a sort of super-enhanced sobriety where I could easily walk around and function but felt far off-base, as though I was piloting my body like a mech. This was a powerful dissociation that lasted a long time, leaving me still feeling a bit altered the next morning. I am not sure how there was such a stark jump in intensity from a 20 mg + 20 mg dose to a 50 mg dose. Perhaps at that range the dose-response curve becomes very steep? It seems there is a very narrow sweet spot with this substance as far as dosage goes, perhaps something worth noting though I need to confirm this through further testing. (I did confirm this through further testing!)

I would characterize this compound as being smooth, gentle at lower doses, euphoric and insightful. The headspace is almost adjacent to a psychedelic. It bears powerful fangs at higher doses though and can quickly become overwhelming and extremely manic. There is a heavy and floppy physical dissociation reminiscent of ketamine, and a warm giddiness reminiscent of 3-MeO-PCP, however there is no sensation of rushing like either of those compounds bear, it has a unique sense of slowly sinking into the experience. There is a latent stimulation smoldering under the experience that makes physical activity fun and easy, though this stimulation doesn’t take the forefront as any kind of edge and intensity. This is a really fascinating compound that I feel like I need to sample a few more times to truly understand, it has a complex and varied character that seems to be very dependent on setting. My 3 experiences with it so far have all been very distinct and I feel this will continue to show me interesting things with each experiment.

Thanks for the report! It's pretty cool that they're trying out these novel substitutions, hopefully we'll see some with the β-ketone as well.

Thanks for the report. This sounds like it could be a really nice dissociative.
Your first trial is my favorite way to use the PCP analogues. Bumping small doses over an extended period of time tends to bring out the more social and euphoric aspects of the high.

Awesome! Thanks for sharing this Nervewing. :) It sounds like something I definitely hope to get my hands on. I love "psychedelic adjacent" dissociatives the most... MXE, of course, is the king for me so far, and 3-MeO-PCE is also quite psychedelic-esque, in the way they interact with my brain. I'd love to have another one to try. I also love stimulating dissociatives. So, this pretty much sound like it ticks all my boxes.

Going to add this thread to the Index now... you got the thread naming down already. 👍

Great report - thank you so much for sharing! I always love reading and leaving about new additions to the ACHs. =)

Awesome! Thanks for sharing this Nervewing. :) It sounds like something I definitely hope to get my hands on. I love "psychedelic adjacent" dissociatives the most... MXE, of course, is the king for me so far, and 3-MeO-PCE is also quite psychedelic-esque, in the way they interact with my brain. I'd love to have another one to try. I also love stimulating dissociatives. So, this pretty much sound like it ticks all my boxes.

Going to add this thread to the Index now... you got the thread naming down already. 👍
Happy to finally contribute my own S&H threads!

I would say this one is quite similar to MXE and 3-MeO-PCE in overall headspace, its just entirely lacking in a some of the 'rush' and stimulation of those ones. Definitely more stimulating than say K or DCK, but less stimulating than most other PCP analogues. A happy medium

Wow they just keep pumping out all of these interesting replacements! is it absolutely sure it doesn't have any release or reuptake-inhibition properties for serotonin? i'm asking this because amphetamine tail of the molecule is not a prerequisite for being a SRA, this is evident from aminoindanes like MDAI or MEAI (which i have personally tried).

is it absolutely sure it doesn't have any release or reuptake-inhibition properties for serotonin?
See Wallach 2014, which found IC50@SERT of >10,000nM. In other words, even concentrations of 10μM were unable to displace 50% of whatever reference SERT ligand was used. This implies no SRI activity.

Release is a little bit trickier. Probably no passive release à la MDMA as there's no evidence anywhere that ACH's act as VMAT substrates. Another possibility is increased firing of serotonin neurons and this is the mechanism of MK-801. It's NMDA receptor dependent so it could account for elevated extracellular serotonin observed with some ACH's as well, it's just a question of whether the concentrations used recreationally are high enough.