• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

The Short-Term Goals Thread

I've decided my next short term health goal..
I think I have most everything in order and there is nothing else that needs addressing other than that I am still probably too obsessive over dieting/body/ and fear of woman (eww) ness... type things, bad wording.

I don't know what to do really, to work on this.. I googled and found this
from here http://www.essential-oil-goddess.com/sandalwood-essential-oil.html
Which sounds like ABSOLUTE BULLSHIT...

Anyone know any actual methods of addressing this issue... (I'm looking at you COTB after what you said about your success overcoming similar) Help plz?

Edit: Actually I don't think this is something one can just "do" like a workout dvd or the dishes. lol, what was I thinking, nevermind. I should just be happy I'm not sick anymore.
Over time, I've managed to stop weighing myself, counting calories and weighing my food. A huge help was having someone eating with me at every meal. Watching someone eat the same things I was - someone who wasn't suddenly putting on weight and wasn't obsessing over every little thing on their plate was liberating and really inspiring.
I find it I'm left to my own devices, it's easier for me to slip into old habits. Having someone to cook for and keep nutritionally healthy is a great motivator for me to do the same for myself. Suddenly it's easier to eat what they are, what I know deep down is a healthful and nutritious diet.

I don't know about essential oils, haha. :)

I think you have to take baby steps and eventually get yourself out of the obsessive mindset. Food, surprisingly, is not the enemy. It's your brain, more often than not.

Libby, do you post in The Dark Side? They have a thread devoted to this kind of stuff, although I have to admit I stopped posting in there as I found it to be quite triggering.

I started out in the dark side when I joined bluelight, I was always attracted in a way to the darker side of things. I feel like I progressed beyond there and being in there too much now surrounded by everyone and their problems and feeling sorry for themselves makes me start to feel down again too especially because I can't seem to fix things for anyone and make them cheer the fuck up. I'm doing a lot better, I am in general a very happy person nowadays, just have a bit of a tendancy toward obsession/perfectionism that's not so healthy. Thanks for your advice.

Didn't get to all of my goals from last week, but that's okay. I'm happy and healthy right now and I did quite a bit. :)

Libby, you just have to find what's good for you. It's out there, you just have to get out and find it!

I guess I'll make another list for this week:

Bodyweight exercises (once this week)
Walk for three hours
One sprinting session (if I remember!)
Try to find a scale to see how much weight I've lost
Um... and eat things I can find in nature.

1) Quit Alcohol
2) Devote more time to training my friends and eventually get them on steroids
3) Get over this girl I fell in love with
4) Quit going on dumb, emotionally driven drug binges and use them to my advantage again.
5) Maintain my size and go from 10% to 6 or 7% body fat.
6) Get new friends
7) Fix my emotions

^If you consider those goals short term, I would hate to see what you consider long term..;)

Just kidding.

1) GET-A-FREAKIN-DERBBBB!

Quit my addictions.
Some I can quit immediately: cannabis/cannabinoids, video games.
Some will take more time: caffeine (I have gotten out of hand, needing 1.5 liters of strong black coffee just to feel normal)

Replace the time I spend / spent on them with healthy addictions:
(More) mediation, yoga and exercise.