• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

the shapelle corby televised judgement

Hey aunty,i dont care who you directed it to cos i dont have a racist bone in my body,ive been called a racist on bl before,mainly by knucklehead seppo`s.....8( :p

the prison system in 3rd would contries r very corrupt I use to live in thailand and dealers geting sentence to 25 yrs jail tend to pay there way out in about 2-3

Originally posted by XRT
for the money they've spent on her defence they could have hired a few ex S.A.S. and sent them in there to get her out. No one would have to know and the Indonesian government would be so embarrassed they probably wouldn't say anything.

I kinda doubt that. The phrases 'international incident' and 'grounds for war' spring to mind. With Indo-Australian relations so tense at this time such an action could very well spark up a small war. But hey, it's not like indonesia hasn't been itching for it for a long time.

cuddles :\

bali bomber Abu Bakar Ba'asyir get's a 30month prison sentence, and corby gets 20 years for smuggling a harmless drug :(

chugs said:
You can however condemn the indonesian people for accepting the indonsian government.

More to the point from reading Indonesian blogs (who write in english) & media they whole heartedly believe she is guilty.

I have yet to see a single indonesian say (or even imply) otherwise. For them to stand silently (at the very least) at such injustices shows their as bad as the ignorant & stupid judge.

Perhaps some on here should do a study of regional politics. The Indonesian political system is still working its way out from under what was virtually a dictatorship for decades.

You should direct your anger at the AUSTRALIAN government and Federal Police for sitting on their hands over information regarding the corrupt baggage handlers smuggling drugs. The govt and AFP were more interested in looking at the big picture to give them big headlines rather than provide credible evidence that may have helped her case.

As for Indonesians believing she is guilty -- don't you think they are probably just as easily manipulated by media as Australians are?

Hell, someone earlier complained about the length of time it was taking for the Judges to read out their decision, and compared it to reality TV suspense building. The reality here is that under our judicial system, the same thing is done by a judge in instructing a jury -- the evidence of the prosecution and defence is summarised, any legal aspects of the case are explained, the prosecution & defence summations are summarised, and instruction is given to the jury. In cases involving serious charges this may take hours, days, or weeks. Some people seem to place too much cred in American courtroom dramas.

As for bali bomber Abu Bakar Ba'asyir getting a 30month prison sentence -- he was charged, convicted and sentenced according to what laws were in place at the time.

Poor girl. I for one am never going to Bali again, innocent or guilty those laws are ridiculous. I dont think they realise how badly this will affect their tourism.

lostpunk5545 said:
You can't codemn an entire nation of people for what their government/legal system does.

Some of those Indonesian fishermen are fishing waters their families have done for centuries before we decided that we owned them.

And the aid isn't for the government it is for the people who were affected by a great tragedy.

If that was the case I would wish storms like those who hit perth on the whole of Australia.

However I do think boycotting Indonesia for a while would make an impact on their government, considering their economy relies fairly heavily on our tourism.

wtf??? in this thread: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=203268&r=58

you said:

Now's about time to start boycotting Indonesia.

Fucking dog cunts.

so which view do you REALLY take??

If she is innocent (and with no evidence at all I feel she is) I feel terrible for her and her family. We often take for granted the freedoms and liberties we are afforded in this country. Much worse attrocities occur worldwide every second of every day , its the way of the world and always has been. Life isnt beautiful for everyone.

As commented on during the broadcast the chief judge of this case has heard over 500 cases within the indonesia court, and out of those 500 cases has never once handed down an innocent verdict. Are people not concerned with this statistic?

Seems like a one sided judicial system. Your are caught in possesion. A very limited investigation is done. A trial in which you must prove your innocence is conducted. If you cannot prove your inncence you are guilty ? Or is this just a stage managed media circus as was suggested on a current affairs program minutes ago. How funny was that , a current affairs program accusing other media outlets of manipuliting the facts , whilst doing so themselves ? Why the fuck am I surprised ???

goa said:
bali bomber Abu Bakar Ba'asyir get's a 30month prison sentence, and corby gets 20 years for smuggling a harmless drug :(

Dude i totally agree with what you say ! except for the fact that WEED isnt exactly harmless. ;)

Yep,and by the time the seppo`s get here to help us our 25,000 troops will be dead.Think about it.......

They are idiots. What is going to happen to the tourism industry for them now? Over 90% of tourists there are Australians. That figure is going to plummet and the country will recieve no income. Sucked in.

I think it's fucked that she gets 20 years over an obscene amount of marijuana for one person to realistically carry. I'm with everyone on this front. It's a damn good thing that she missed the death penalty but it's still a violation of human rights when murderers and rapists get locked up for less time.

However, I hate to say this but I also think a big reason of Corby getting so much media attention is because she's young, female and pretty. This itself is a double edged sword because not only could this have swayed the judge's decision (the chance to make an example out of a foreigner i.e. don't fuck with us) but Indonesia could now face the impact of an Australian tourism boycott. Maybe even a loss of support from our government, but judging by John Howard's stance towards this whole saga, I doubt that.

It's the beginnings of World War 3 people. The 'Coalition of the Willing' vs. Asia. We're living right next to the city walls. Nice knowing you all.

What really bothers me is the following:

Presume that you were actually "innocent", and that you were in her situation. You have no way whatsoever of proving your innocence, and thus go to gaol. Thus an innocent person has been convicted because they have no way of demonstrating their innocence, and not because the prosecution has proven their case beyond reasonable doubt.

In NSW, the CCA would overturn this verdict on the basis that it was "unsafe or unsound". Indeed, they say the whole issue never would have made it to court because the police bungled the investigation. I have the opinion of 2 highly regarded criminal barristers in NSW to back me up on this.

gher said:
to say this but I also think a big reason of Corby getting so much media attention is because she's young, female and pretty.

Why does everyone insist that she's good looking, or attractive? I think she's exceedingly ugly.

not ugly, but defintly not anything to write home about... no offence ofcourse....

You should direct your anger at the AUSTRALIAN government and Federal Police for sitting on their hands over information regarding the corrupt baggage handlers smuggling drugs. The govt and AFP were more interested in looking at the big picture to give them big headlines rather than provide credible evidence that may have helped her case.

Yes very angry at Aus government, as with the other Corby threads I’ve articulated much about the Howard government and their inability to take decisive action in this matter. I continue to speak out at practically every policy the Howard government has actioned, not just the Corby matter. Wife acknowledges this in that she refuses to hear my anti-howard rants hence why I make massive posts in BL.

The point however is that the Indonesian government and their judicial system (which as you mention is coming out from decades of corruption & totalitarianism) is clearly unable to preside in a fair and impartial manner. That is clear. Anyone who claims the trial was in anyway fair has to have their head so far up their ass they would be able to see they have shit for brains.

Indonesia should never have been. Its population made of Javanese 45%, Sundanese 14%, Madurese 7.5%, coastal Malays 7.5%, other 26% (26% of the population is so splintered it can't even be statistically tracked). This leads to the realisation that most of the countries in South East Asia i.e. Malaysia, and the Philippines, which contain people of similar ethnicity (hell the linguistics of their languages are so common they share words), that South Asia is a bunch of "countries" that were welded (by the western powers) together with no consideration of inherently (Sub)conscious cultural differences between these “tribes”, who until recently were barely out of the bronze age.

Indonesia is a bastard country in a deeply tribalised and divided region. Raped brutally by Western Europe (and the US), they’ve forgotten their very cultural identities.

I have a Asian wife, who comes from a very learned family, yet even they barely know their cultural background. Who they were before western inference began. Not many South East Asians can tell you that.

Back to the rant, It was the iron fist of the dictators (installed by the western powers) that ruled these countries that avoid the creation of a massive power vacuum and the subsequent wars which would have followed. Ironically it was those dictators which made their countries so unsuited to govern or rule in manner consistent with justices, democracy, and fairness.

Look at Thailand, killing literally thousands of people who participate in drugs (a social pressure valve to the inadequacies of policy failures caused by those governments). Malaysia, Singapore and the Philippines, I could go for days highlighting the structural flaws of these countries.

Nevertheless it created a society that saw violence, corruption and nepotism as the only way to succeed. It has created the ultimate rat race which, unless the rest the world steps in to cut the cancer away, will perpetuate itself indefinitely.

Wonder why the Liberals & the ALP propped up Suharto in the 70s & 80s? If they hadn’t & Indonesia collapsed under its own weight, well it would have caused a massive economic & civil disruption across not only the Malay archipelagos but all of South Asia & Australasia. To this day we have a policy ensuring a iron fist (i.e. the indonesia miltary) retains control.

Anyway back to the point I believe the Indonesians neither have the ability nor the motivation to judge this matter in a fair & impartial manner. Their historical background only supports this contention and their future, so closely associated with this sordid past only points to further people being imprisoned and killed in a terrible manipulation of a country that should never have been.

It took thousands of years before Europe got to the point where it is. We’ve pushed South Asia together in less then 200 years. Little wonder they can’t get it right.

Last edited: