the seven bluelight lounge themes?

michael

Bluelight Crew
something i have heard oft-repeated is that in literature there are really only seven themes. i've never taken any literature or writing courses, so i've never read an explanation past that, but i am willing to take it at face value anyway.

so here i have drawn up a quick draft of The Seven Recurring Bluelight Lounge Themes™:
  1. the post a picture of [insert something] here:

these threads are popular ones, sometimes inhabited by people who seem to only post in these and nowhere else. 'post a recent picture' is the most popular, although if all of the OMG [insert name] yoor soooo hot OMG! posts were edited out the thread would be 1/10th the size it is now.
  2. the ubiquitous name-drop thread:

every now and again this one raises it's head. someone met a few bluelighters and has to post about it to let you know that they are in on all the happening events. usually in here there will be a post by spencer mentioning that he's met more bluelighters than he can count.

a mutation of this commonly seen is the 'what bluelighter would you [sleep with, poke in the eye, go shopping with, etc] thread,' which people use as an excuse to namedrop again.
  3. i got this as an email forward and didn't think any of you would:

never mind that everyone knows that everyone gets these, for some reason every now and again someone will rush to post whatever they got this morning. usually followed up by a post from BA saying 'welcome to last week.'
  4. hey guys remember me?

this one appears pretty often. usually anyone that remembers whoever posted it posts in there to say hi, but the thread starter doesn't return after a couple of posts, leaving the thread to die.
  5. it used to be so much different:

never mind the fact that it's pretty much remained the same for as long as anyone can remember, every couple months one of these pops up, lamenting for days gone by.
  6. the let's post a gross picture without a work warning and see who freaks thread:

this is usually tubgirl, goatse, the guy who ripped his face off on pcp, or something similar.
  7. the 'i know this is the wrong forum but i posted it here anyway' thread:

always posted by someone who should know better for one reason or another. for the same unknown reasons they are surprised when it gets closed or moved. a variant of this is the 'the mods are such nazis' thread, where the people that should have known better get pissed because they didn't.

feel free to discuss/add more.

8. I know I shouldn't bore you with my post but i feel like increasing my postcount.

It's a post that has no meaning or reason behind it, its very useless and no one really cares about reading this poster's crap because he doesn't add anything interesting to it but to increase his/her postcount.

So are the "That's it, I'm fucking out of here" a variation on the "Do you remember me?" threads, or are they their own variety?

i forgot one:

the i'm going to post this link without an explanation and still expect you to follow it thread:

self-explanatory.

9. I'm leaving Bluelight forever!!!:

This one always comes around every so often. Sometimes following thread # 5 above. It seems some people get so attached to this board that when they decide to leave for whatever reason they feel like they have to slam the door on the way out. The thread usually goes one of two ways: If the user isn't very popular, they get assraped to all hell. If it's a well-respected user, there's still a little bit of assraping for making such a post, followed by a few "OMG OMG WTF Please don't go!!!!1".

90% of the time the user returns to the board, acting like nothing ever happened. That's why posting one of these threads is never a good idea.

The 'two [or three] postwhores talking nonsense back and forth to each other'.

Something totally different from 'the two [or three] upstanding BL citizens talking back and forth to each other, and referring to things of which n00bs know nothing.

OR, the in-joke threads: these would involve references to such things as 'crack tea', 'the stuck-ups', 'Stasis is God', 'Aly and Dags are just a fad', 'the Triad', 'the 555', 'the pro-centre', 'Khust-3 decoder rings', '"do you like _____ like Justsomeguy does? Well, do you Bluelight gang?', 'dead hookers in GL's trunk', 'naked Bellababe/Amazon Bee' etc, you get my point.

Oh, what about 'BL anniversary/I love you guys so much' threads?

I think these need to fit in their somewhere, though they are probably part of the themes you have mentioned.

Oh, and the thread with a meaningless title, like 'quick question about.......' [why not tell us what the question is in the title?]

This sort of ties in with the meaningless link thread.

Then there are the "Happy Birthday, so and so" threads and the "I just reached_____ # of posts" threads

10. The "I'm Pissed Off you closed one of my thread that I'm going to flood the forum with as many threads as possible"

Self explanitory

11. The thread that started out trying to categorise threads into 7 groups, but is currently at 11.

:p

13. HEY GUYS, LOOKIT MY COOL FUCKED UP LIFE FULL OF SUBSTANCE ABUSE AND DEBAUCHERY!!!

(*ahem*)

14. yeah, I was drinking last night, it was pretty cool, I had about 100 beers in 30 seconds. Then my dad came in. He's an asshole. And this one girl I was trying to chill with went off with my other friend, but she's just a drunk ho.

15. The type of posts that make no sense to anyone whatsoever, except for the person who posted it. Furnace and CMB are classic examples of folks who often post that type of thread.

16. The "New Game!" Thread. This thread usually appears in the lounge from time to time. It's title is deceiving however, because although the thread may be new, the "new" game is usually based off of an old game, which the bluelighter has slightly altered in an attempt to appear creative.

Examples:

Cool New Game! Post something (insert adjective here) about the poster above you!

Awesome New Picture Game! Post a picture that reminds you of the Bluelighter who posted above you!

bong420tripper said:
15. The type of posts that make no sense to anyone whatsoever, except for the person who posted it. Furnace and CMB are classic examples of folks who often post that type of thread.

First you had drugs. The sea, the moon, the inner jouney, the outer journey... for once in a lifetime we have something to upstage those fucking baby boomers!