Site Feedback The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later. - Mega/Merged

^I was thinking that.. people leaving it on in the background..

I'm guilty of that, leaving my laptop on at length while watching something as long as a football game, I'll stop that from here on out. Small contribution I realize but I know how stragulation by server feels, maybe little will pieces add up.

Don't get me wrong I am not complaining, just saying, it's been happening a lot lately.

Pictures are not hosted on BL, they are simply linked.

I think BL has enough members and traffic that a little charrity run could be put in place to afford a better server or host.

Don't get me wrong I am not complaining, just saying, it's been happening a lot lately.

Pictures are not hosted on BL, they are simply linked.

I think BL has enough members and traffic that a little charrity run could be put in place to afford a better server or host.

This has been offered several times but we're told it's not the issue. The issue is known and being worked on, apparently.

18 months, one engineer and plenty of updates that "it's being looked into, worked on while able." yet no visible progress.

now im totally aware of BL time, the people who run the site are volunteers and requires donations to help keep the place running but, wouldnt it make sense to get another engineer or two on board if possible and available. perhaps an admin who has the capabilities and can throw some time into the expedition to speed things up?

it appears it really is going nowhere and the same "its being looked into and were doing what we can, when we can" every time the issue is resurrected. its just an awful long time for not much to have progressed and i would imagine this would be high on the priorities list, right?

18 months, one engineer and plenty of updates that "it's being looked into, worked on while able." yet no visible progress.

now im totally aware of BL time, the people who run the site are volunteers and requires donations to help keep the place running but, wouldnt it make sense to get another engineer or two on board if possible and available. perhaps an admin who has the capabilities and can throw some time into the expedition to speed things up?

it appears it really is going nowhere and the same "its being looked into and were doing what we can, when we can" every time the issue is resurrected. its just an awful long time for not much to have progressed and i would imagine this would be high on the priorities list, right?

We have had more than 1 engineer at times, and have had some administrators that were tech savvy enough to help out with it. One thing to keep in mind is that engineers have access to all of the information on the site, so it's not a position that we just give to any person with a background in computer programming or something.

Here is something to consider. The issue has arisen several times in the past, and each time it has been resolved, so I am confident that it will be resolved once again. I don't know how you can say that there is no visible progress when the problem has been ironed out when it has occurred before.

waited an hour to post this.. all i have to say is that if there are as many of us tuning into to blue light we must have something amazing going down.. should be fixed in a jiffy and then we all can continue to change the world without getting so fkn pissed..

Last edited:
We have had more than 1 engineer at times, and have had some administrators that were tech savvy enough to help out with it. One thing to keep in mind is that engineers have access to all of the information on the site, so it's not a position that we just give to any person with a background in computer programming or something.

Here is something to consider. The issue has arisen several times in the past, and each time it has been resolved, so I am confident that it will be resolved once again. I don't know how you can say that there is no visible progress when the problem has been ironed out when it has occurred before.

sorry, i was being somewhat facetious with my "no progress" comment. i realise its a reoccurring problem but, keeping in mind im not extremely tech savvy with VB, wouldnt this narrow down the problem, pinpointing it from having been ironed out in the past - if it is indeed the same problem. if its something different each time i can totally understand the time consuming task. im aware a lot o trust is put into the engineers hands as well. it would be good for the site to at least have 2-3 on board consistency to help with workload, etc - but its not a perfect world and not everyone has the capabilities.

ironed out? id say, bandaged ;)

with saying that, though, hasnt the issue just kind of resolved itself in the past? as ive remembered it, its always been around the christmas break where it really flares up.

^ I know that at least one of the times the engineer made some changes that fixed the issue, so it didn't just resolve itself.

^lolwat? did you just read the threads title, taking it literally and just answering without reading anything?

tommy - yeah, i dont expect it to just fix itself this time around. just those occasions where its done it for a day or so on and off and resolved itself someway or another is what i was talking about.

It has been more difficult to get online today for me then ever before. Yesterday 27 times I got the "no go" but a mod pointed out that it is this time of year that it occurs so I'll be patient. Got some schrooms and since there are almost 2900 peeps on the site I'll adjust myself, lol. Now lets see if this posts.

This is getting reeeealy irritating.

Not pointing fingers, I know the admins work really hard for little thanks, but I hope something can be done about this.

^ if you read the thread you'll see that this is not a case of crossing your fingers and hoping something can be done about this issue.

something is being done about this issue and it should be a short time before that work is complete and the issue is significantly addressed.

If they cannot afford a larger server then deleting the ability to post actual pictures and requiring the user to only show URLs as a link to the photos stored off site would help a lot.
what's a larger server?

deleting the ability to post embedded pictures will have absolutely no effect on the issue as embedded pictures are rendered in the browser and delivered directly from the host to the client.

alasdair

I think it mostly does it when i click "post reply" and typed a long reply :eek:

it mostly does it all the time lately but if its being fixed then people need patience. it has been pissing me off to an unreal level but what will being pissed off achieve?

Glad to hear it's not just me! I'm on dial-up and thought all the high-speed users were running me over. Never really got to see or respond to anything yesterday. I'll just have to be patient :)

we had a couple of database/server issues yesterday and we were further impacted by being short-staffed due to holiday travel. we attended to it as soon as we were able but it was particularly bad yesterday.

http://forums.brokelight.com/ is open for now.

alasdair

we had a couple of database/server issues yesterday and we were further impacted by being short-staffed due to holiday travel. we attended to it as soon as we were able but it was particularly bad yesterday.

http://forums.brokelight.com/ is open for now.

alasdair

Everything seems to be working fine today... so far. Thanks to everyone involved in getting things squared away, and have a Happy New year! :)