• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the S+G social thread vers. NFL offseason = S+G offseason

walked 9 holes last night for the first time since i broke my foot.

foot held up fine, although it was a little stiff walking up a few hills. i was also hitting the ball more pure than i have in a couple of years. short game sucked ass though.

3 pars and 1 birdie. i'm pretty fired up and i've got the itch. probably gonna walk another 9 tonight, and then again on thursday.

i've played 18 holes 4 times so far, four different sweet ass courses, thanks to a friend being a member at golfnow, we get some sick deals(better than 1/2 price)

still have not broken 100, but nothing over 105

it just doesn't make sense considering i'm on in regulation a good ten times a round

from 100-200 yards i've been money, my ball striking it at an all time best

way too many 3 and 4 putts, i used to pride myself in putting, now i'm thinking i should just start using my rossa for personal sodomy

i just watched the local new's sports segment, they did a story on local college baseball team

as a ball player, it reminded me how much it annoys me that pretty much every high school/college baseball players rocks a flat brim

i wish i didn't care, but it genuinely bothers me

I didnt play any sports in HS because 1) I was not very athletic so I was more interested in academics 2) too slow, short, etc

The only event I made it to state for was Mock Trial during my junior and senior years. Yeah, IR n3rd.

i wish when i was in high school i concentrated on something considered nerdy

i'd probably be making a lot more money

as a ball player, it reminded me how much it annoys me that pretty much every high school/college baseball players rocks a flat brim

i wish i didn't care, but it genuinely bothers me

see, I like the "flat brim." so what, maybe it is because of all dem rap videos. but I notice some ppl instantly think "oh he must be a douche," just by judging me on the merits of my Flat Brim alone

china, walked another 9 last night. then i'm walking 9 again on thursday. it's a shit muni course that costs $10 to play, so it's really just practice. but it's almost like therapy....me and my buddies just go out there and fuck around and drink beers and hit multiple shots on each hole after work until it's completely dark out. hopefully playing a pretty sick course this weekend.

i love this review of the shit course i play, it sums it up perfectly:

This review is kind of a preservation project, for I believe Candler Park is about to lose some of its Pasture Golf charm (http://www.pasturegolf...).

In other words, the grounds are starting to get too nice.

Here's what I love about Candler Park Golf Course as it is today (and was just a short time ago):

1) It is perfect for idiots like me who generally hate golf on principle...because of the scene, not because of the game.

2) It allows me to use my 30 year-old clubs and carry around my pleather golf bag with pride.

3) The golf pro has gang tats on his neck.

4) Graffiti on one of the maintenance sheds.

5) Georgia rock stars play here, from Kevin Kinney, to Drive-by Truckers, to Michael Stipe of REM.

6) On hole 2, there is a gully on the right side of the fairway that is easy to slice into. Years ago there was an old nasty gazebo there, where a homeless guy would steal your ball...and then sell it back to you on the 3rd tee.

7) Everyone is laid back here. No stress. No one cares how much you suck at golf. No golf shoes? Cool. Natty Dreads? No problem, mon.

8) Fewer white people. When lots of white people congregate around golf and start talking, there is potential for darkness and evil. Lord of the Rings evil.

9) Unlimited play for $7 (for the time being...that's about to change).

11) The groundskeeper is a variation on Bill Murray in "Caddyshack". He has caps on his teeth, a thinning mullet, and may be seen wearing an Allman Brothers tee shirt and camo pants. He takes excellent care of the course with the resources he's got...and he can whack the shit out of the ball.

12) Hot moms running on Terrace Ave by #5.

i think i've that has been posted here before

sounds like a great place to learn the game

Sounds very similar to my local public course. The council owns it and ran a covered busway through the middle of the course. It doesn't look as ghetto as this photo now the grass has grown back. It is quite cathatic smacking balls off the tee into the cage and watching commuters shit themselves. Only downside was they had to cut a couple of par 4's down to par 3's, but for $15 a round it is something I'm happy to live with. Plus they have a beer wench who rides a buggy around the course and sells beers and can's of Jack Daniels and coke.
NSFW:
thumbnail.axd

contact-hero.jpg

I wrestled 160 for most of my career and I went up against this guy who was STRAIGHT from Russia. he couldn't even speak English very well, and I still remember his tattoo on his upper right back shoulder - a tattoo of the Nation of Russia with a guy in a wrestling stance inside of it...

If he dies, he dies.

I didnt play any sports in HS because 1) I was not very athletic so I was more interested in academics 2) too slow, short, etc

The only event I made it to state for was Mock Trial during my junior and senior years. Yeah, IR n3rd.

I did mock trial in high school for two years, pretty awesome. Definitely helped me get good at public speaking and critical thinking.

opening day of softball today(modified fast pitch)

this will be my 7th season, first one was the day after high school baseball ended

on a new team with mostly dudes in their 30s who can play, feels good that i can just be a regular player and not have everyone rely on me to play well for a chance to win

beautiful fucking day, i play third base and every time a batter comes to the plate i pray they hit a missile in my direction that if i don't catch will create an exit wound in my back

it's almost happened before, playing in a bunt/steal tourney in NY, using thunderballs(softballs that are as hard as a baseball)

was only like 40 feet away, put my glove up to the left of my head, ball went wizzing by the right side of my head

coming at me knucking like a mother at about 105mph

a foot to the left and no doubt i'd died there on that field of dreams

anyone ever play Lacrosse? I was pretty good at that growing up

i love this review of the shit course i play, it sums it up perfectly:

8 )Fewer white people. When lots of white people congregate around golf and start talking, there is potential for darkness and evil. Lord of the Rings evil.

12) Hot moms running on Terrace Ave by #5.

i knew it! you've got a thing for black chicks!

that hot mom's running are very rarely black. it's candler park. there's like 2 black people that live back there.

i walked 15 holes last night. i'm becoming a part of the underbelly candler park golf culture. it's basically a bunch of give up losers, that are poor and funny as fuck, but pretty decent at golf. we all like beer.

do you hear yourself man? look what no football does to you. you're becoming a poor give up loser who lives in the underbelly of some shitty neighborhood's shitty golf course.

do you hear yourself man? look what no football does to you. you're becoming a poor give up loser who lives in the underbelly of some shitty neighborhood's shitty golf course.

it's really amazing. but i'm playing a super snotty rich white guy course tomorrow. candler is good for practice and after work decompressing.