Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Psychedelic GPS. [modthread]

neversickanymore

Moderator: DS
Staff member
Hey guys just thought I would start us up a moderator thread. We can use this for any discussion about this forum. Its also good place to post any idea we have to improve the forum. Its also a good place to get any advice from fellow moderators. I'm honored that I get a chance to be involved you guys and with this form. Please dont hesitate to let me know if there's anything you want or need and they can be posted in here or just hit me with a personal message.

It may take me a bit to catch up with the threads here. I have used psychedelics for recreation, spiritual growth and now healing. I use psilocybin as part of my recovery and find it a strong weapon against addiction. The psychedelic chemicals I am most familiar with are LSD, Psilocybin, DMT, and Mescaline. Im looking forward to working with you all and learning from this forum ~NSA

The first post on this thread will be UA'd and it must remain this way to keep this thread invisible to the boards. This will make your posts UA'd automatically. Because these threads eventually get archived please take a second to approve the posts that are made in this thread. As long as the first post is UA then it will remain invisible.

Last edited:
Hey guys I think we should consider putting together a thread with information and links addressing PHR.

Im going to post some links where we can draw information and sources for information. If anyone has ideas or suggestions for an approach they would like taken, information or sources, good links.. please post them up on this thread.

THE ZENDO PROJECT HARM REDUCTION MANUAL BURNING MAN 2013

Hi, my name is MOLLY. DO ME, SAFELY. (THIS IS AN MDMA HARM REDUCTION GUIDE.)

After briefly looking through this much of this information is widely available over the net in many places.. MAPS is all over the place. :)

What can we add to PHR. where can we find reliable information to add whats available now.

Things we may consider exploring as part of this in no particular order

1) Pre trip mood
2) setting of trip
3) Tripping with a "guide" when starting out
4) Testing of drugs
5) vitamins and supplements, before and after
6) frequency of use
7) situations to avoid
8 ) responsible use (aka these drugs aren't really "recreational drugs so the best results don't generally come from tripping for five years strate, more is most definitely better
9)things to consider when trying to achieve the best results
10) risks associated with mixing more than one type
11) true reliable fact based reliable information on Hppd
12) what you think you are getting needs to be what you're getting.. difference in effects of various chemicals that are often sold under common names. lead into testing
13) links about testing
14) promote the idea that the use of psychedelics is open ones mind not send it into space.. we need time to integrate what a trip brings us and taking psychedelics in a way that does not allow for this can lead to.. so I guess think about promoting some ideas about what the highly desirable reasons and goals to use these substances. We can possibly combine this with some possible negative possible outcomes from irresponsible use or risky use for improbable outcomes.
15) trip onset times and duration (average) for different substances
16) what to make sure you do before the trip.. aka set up the tent and take time to take a brief check of the surroundings, have a meet up time and place.. even if no one shows up it provides comfort... take a look at which lot your parked in and what gate you entered.
17) dangers associated with certain chemicals, hydration overhydration, overheating.
18 ) A code to traveling the cosmos.. a short list, presented in a loving no authoritarian way, of the essentials to having the best possible experience.
19) Buddy up, just like in scuba diving, its good to have a buddy in certain circumstances.
20) mental health conditions and recreational use

there are a few ideas i have and i'm sure you have a few. (presented in the correct loving way)

I also have an idea for a thread

The: I learned this so I want to tell you. I thread where people can share stories about their experiences with psychedelics and the lessons they have learned about promoting the most rewarding experience and preventing negative ones while reducing harm to a minimum. (not intended for people share specific insights or trip experiences)

Oh and a question I would like your opinion on
I am not a racist, but over all my years of psychedelic use I have seen two really sad outcomes. Two of my friends ended up killing themselves. Both were white and both undertook stoing peyote tripps. Both never "came back." and both wandered along a while before ending it.. one in less than three months, the other seven years. They were not together and the source wasn't the same. I have also heard of this happening to others in my wanderings but I thats just talk. So I guess what if any opinions do you guys have on petote and what if any feelings do you have on white people taking it?

Hope you are all doing great and please throw down a post if you stopped into read this.

Last edited:
I see that a people are reading this.. just don't know who.. so if any PHR mods stop by please throw down a post in hear.. anything at all.. best psychedelic pick wins. but really it would ve great to open up some communication here so we can try to effect some positive change here and get down to promoting some wellness associated with the good drugs.:D

NSFW:
artworks-000046261737-3x42fi-original.jpg

psychedelic_smoke_art-1920x1200.jpg

Last edited:
No real ideas for improvement yet, I'm just going to start posting articles about use of psychedelics for addiction treatment as I see them.

I did have a question though, does this thread show up when you click 'Show Forum MODTHREADS' under the Mod Menu widget? The other two MAPS modthreads show up for me, but this one seems to be missing.

I may have it named a little unorthodox let me see if changing the name works as far as that regard. What are your thoughts on working on a PHR sticky thread that could include some of the ideas I presented?

Good to meet you Enix:)

So Hey Enix.. would you be interested in starting to put together a sticky thread on your ideas and mine regarding PHR.. we can use this thread as a workshop or we can create another.. use it to work on and put together ideas and then we can put the final product into a finished thread.. Im going to transfer an ols workshop thread over from SL so you can take a peak at what has worked well in the past for me. I am up fro doing it however we want though. :)

So this thread can be used fro us to post absolutely anything.. a place where we can construct things so they look good when we finally post the real thread.. also it allows us to communicate and work without worrying about order or with the gen pop watching..

I have just found it to really promote creativity and have found it helps produce good results.. This is just an old thread,, we can do it anyway we want and the content there was taken and is applicable to SL and has nothing to do with here.

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/672590-Exploring-recover-info-and-resorces

Watya say??=D

Last edited:
Threw up that I learned this so I thought I would share it.. thread and i encourage PHR staff and Senior staff to please throw down some damn hard fought wisdom=D

Hi. I'm going to be helping oversee this forum. Please let me know of any burning issues or projects that you would like to undertake.

ebola

A lot of the stuff in that numbered list would be helpful to cover, but we do need to be careful to stay away from "how to do drugs/do drugs better" - we need to remain firmly in the camp of "*if* you're going to do drugs, these things will help keep you safe". I'm thinking specifically about anything that would be medical advice (vitamins/supplements, etc.) or anything that may come across as a recommendation. While I love the idea of a sort of summary compendium of helpful hints and safety tips, I also worry that it might go the wrong direction really easily - not that we shouldn't do it, just that we'd need to be very careful. I think a good place to start might be a contraindications list with quick one or two sentence summaries of situations in which it can potentially be dangerous to use psychedelics or there are predictable negative outcomes (e.g. unsafe environment, unknown substance, history of mental illness, medical problems, etc.).

Thank you all for your work on maintaining this section of the forum. You are all doing terrific work!

Not sure if there are any active mods around now, but if there are, I'm your new senior moderator moving forward. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me with any needs. I'll also be overseeing/moderating here.

(This is Xorkoth by the way, I've temporarily changed my name for divorce court-related reasons)

Related news, last activity for the forum mods:

KITD APR'18
AnyMajorDude MAY'15
kymerikal APR'14
MAPSbryce MAY'15

Enix150 Today

I've PM'd Enix to join us in here to assess the mod situation for the MAPS forums :\

Enix,

When you get here, can you enlighten me as to how long you've been on staff for this forum, and what your take is in terms of traffic, and need for mods? At a minimum right now, I'm very inclined to un-mod the others as you are the only real presence in here, but would like your view first. We can also add some 'active' mods if needed. Thanks.

I only just added my name as senior mod overseer... to be honest I don't think I've veer been here before though, so I'm gonna have to let Enix reply.

Hey guys, sorry for the delayed reply. I've been trying to get in contact with KitD, but haven't heard back yet. As for kymerikal and anymajordude, I have not heard back from them in years, so perhaps it would be a good idea to demod them. MAPSbryce is Bryce Montgomery, the Associate Director of Communications and Marketing at MAPS, so he should probably stay modded even if he isn't really active here. He can be reached at [email protected] if needed.

I have moderated the MAPS forums since they moved over from the MAPS.org domain, I believe that was in 2013. In the past I have also modded Support and the Wiki forum. MAPS has always had pretty low-traffic boards, so modding hasn't taken too much effort. It would be nice to see this change and traffic increase, but as of right now everything is pretty well covered.