• Guest, Welcome to FESTIVUS

The post-Christmas crash.... Do you feel it?

jackie jones

Bluelight Crew
This time of year always strikes me in a strange sort of way. It is as if society makes a change from the two-week break of being loving and kind, and returns to it's miserable self again. I do not like it at all.

<3 To all <3

Weird. I left the gym 30 minutes early this morning. I never do that. I came home put back on my pajamas and slept for a couple of hours. I am still in my pj's :)

I don't notice anything except people in stores stop saying "Merry Christmas" so I quit worrying about how Jewish people feel about that. yes that's right, I don't worry about atheists, agnostics, Buddhists, Muslims, Jainists, Shintos, Mormons, Pagans, Nazis, Masons, Catholics, Taoists, Festivustivians, Martians, or anyone else who doesn't celebrate Christmas.

Well that may be other people stopping being loving and kind, but hey we can't all be stoned the whole time!

I've only noticed people upgrading their drinking patterns from "with family" to "excessive blackout"

Excuse me mod... Catholics DO celebrate Christmas. Leave the "Catholics aren't Christian" arguments to the southern baptists.

I feel a post Christmas relief.

The older I get, the more relief I feel when the holidays are over.

We used to do it up. Take the kids, cut a tree, standing rib w/yorkshire pudding, pics with Santa, on and on and on and on.

I could go on.

But whatever. The kids have families of their own. My husband and I are all too happy to do totally nothing for Christmas anymore.

I don't notice anything except people in stores stop saying "Merry Christmas" so I quit worrying about how Jewish people feel about that. yes that's right, I don't worry about atheists, agnostics, Buddhists, Muslims, Jainists, Shintos, Mormons, Pagans, Nazis, Masons, Catholics, Taoists, Festivustivians, Martians, or anyone else who doesn't celebrate Christmas.

Mormons don't celebrate christmas? Funny you should say that, my family celebrates it every year.

I'm always glad when it's over. I'm also glad every time my birthday is over. I hate Christmas and my birthday. Christmas has a lot of bad memories for me, and I hate cake, candles, dropping presents on people's heads, and staged photographs you don't want to be in. Family parties suck. Last birthday I had, my room mate was really insistent that I indulge in some piperazine skullcandies with him, despite the fact I didn't want to, and I had work the next day. I pretty much felt like shit for the next three days and ended up just no call no show quitting the job.

Last edited:
Here in the PNW we are in the middle the 9-month gloom, aka October thru June and when the lights come down, people start jumping off the aurora bridge by the handful.

I bet all the people that live in houseboats under the bridge are a bunch of necropheliacs...

Luckily I'll be a long, long ways away when new years is over.

I eagerly await the cool days and chilly nights not committed to this or that holiday party. My most memorable trips take place between New Year's Day and Easter! :D