• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

The perfect mix? L theanine, alcohol, xanax

Foleyskids

Greenlighter
So if anyone has tried xanax and alcohol they know its a feeling to die for.

Recently I came accross L theanine, which is basically natures xanax. Have a read of this article:

Removed link to spammy website - tranced.

Or if you cbf:
Mixing l-theanine and alcohol in short

• Protects the liver from damage caused by alcohol
  • Reduces the amount of free radicals in the body
  • Reduces the effects of the hangover
  • lowers your alcohol tolerance (you get drunk faster)

Basically, The liver will process alcohol before almost anything else, so my theory is if you take a small dose of xanax, along with 200-500mg of L-Theanine and then smack down a couple of drinks you can't really go wrong? The alcohol will be processed extremely fast leaving the small dose of xanax left to be processed. Milk thistle the next day if you really wanna remove everything?

I'm aware that L-Theanine crosses the blood barrier. What I would like to know is can you smash L-Theanine, few bevs, then hit the slopes and smack down a few lines up the snozzle safely?
L-Theanine is great for a cocaine comedown. I generally drink green tea while on the sesh to slow myself down on the drinks and keep hydrated, Green tea contains L theanine, but only a small amount.

Last edited by a moderator:
How is this MDMA related again?

All I'll say about xanax and alcohol mixed is, stupid shit can and will happen on that combo. Sure mixing GABA hitting drugs is fun but it's really hard to gauge that fine line between fun and having no recollection of your adamant desire to go on a cig run (even if you don't smoke) at 4am and waking up in the hospital after hitting a semi head on.

I've seen more stupid shit happen with that combo over any other drug combinations.

Interesting regarding the l-theanines effect on alcohol though, maybe I'll try that one day.

-GC

I'm not really sure what you're getting at here, but l-theanine is certainly not 'natures xanax'. Its effect is, like most supplements, somewhat hard to discern for certain. I bought a big bag of the stuff and personally received no benefit. That's not to say that it doesn't have beneficial pharmacological properties, but I'd beware of the idea that it significantly prevents liver damage, reduces hangover and lowers alcohol tolerance all in one go. ]

Anyway, the website you linked to is not the most reliable source of information, because it is an affiliate marketing website. And regardless of whether or not the information is true, or to what degree it is, I've removed the link because affiliate marketing websites are a form of spam.

Also, this is not am MDMA/empathogen themed thread, so I'll send it to other drugs where people might have a better understanding of all of this than me, Cheers! :)

Xanax and alcohol have each caused plenty of random, stupid ideas and actions individually. The mixture is high octane idiot fuel. This used to be my idea of a good time too but I decided that remembering my "fun times" was an important part of the experience.

New to forum, didn't know where to post lol.

Completely understand where you are coming from, but a small dose of xanax (1/4) is not going to cause you to blackout.. I know how easy it is to cross that fine line because I have been close before. It's about getting the right ratio of the two together, and not overdoing it on either one of them in my opinion.

I for example, hate alcohol. Alcohol is just poison. If I drink alcohol alone It takes forever to get drunk and I just wake up feeling like shit and hungover the next day. L-Theanine is obviously the healthiest alternative and I do very much enjoy the combo of alcohol and L-Theanine. But you're never gonna get that xanax/alcohol buzz feeling.

I can drink 6 beers over the course of 3 hours and barely feel anything.

1/4 xan and 3 beers over 3 hours, I'm basically drunk and I feel nice, warm and content from the xanax. I also wake up feeling better too.

Definitely order yourself some L-Theanine. Stuff is fantastic. Great for a hangover too.

I agree mate. but they are both tools. use them properly and you won't black out or do dumb shit. I've never even eaten a whole bar before. Max was 1/2 a bar once. It only takes that one extra drink to knock you over the limit, you just have to be smart and use your own judgement. 1/4 bar and 3 beers is about perfect level for me. I feel nice, content and floaty. I'll know when I stand up and walk around how much alcohol I can handle before I'll be on the floor.

The only time I've been close to blacking out was promethazine and alcohol. Boy oh boy does that knock you around haha.

I have read sooooooo many stories 'DON'T COMBINE XANAX AND ALCOHOL, I HAD 2 BARS AND A BOTTLE OF VODKA AND I PASSED OUT MY WIFE HAD TO CALL AN AMBULANCE' Well no fucking shit..

The combo is a complete no no. It's not good, I'm aware. but I believe with the right combination of the 2 you can get away with a good time without damaging your liver too much. Can always smash some milk thistle the next day to help your liver flush the toxins out.

I think it quite simply depends on the person and their own personal limitations. Personally I don't like it because I don't think the alcohol potentiates the xanax so much, and kind of clouds it.

Thank for understanding the edits I had to make, btw. :)

Could you please reclarify what exactly you wanted to know though?

Is dangerous to mix Xanax and alcohol because both are depressants of CNS and together can cause a additive depression which can produce a respiratory problem that can kill you. I have taken a 20mg IR methylphenidate tablet orally with 400mg l-theanine because l-theanine is nootropic such as methylphenidate and I get a better cognitive enhancement.

Nootropic is such a vague term and I wouldn't call methylphenidate as such as it is much more harder than any "nootropic".

My druggie lifestyle actually started when I read about nootropics from Scientific American and I started to think that maybe all drugs aren't that bad and bought Modafinil from the internet.

Then they didn't have Modafinil anymore but Ritalin has just came back to stock so I ordered those.

Well after bingeing with Ritalin and alcohol I needed something to get sleep so I ended up ordering some diazepines from the same vendor and so on.

Fast forward few years and I was polydrug addict and used 500mg oxycodone a day along with benzos, lyricas and stimulants.

Mixing benzodiazepines with any stimulants or other depressants is irresponsible and just asking for trouble, Regardless of dosage it doesn't matter as street pressed xanax comes off cheap pill presses which can cause hotspots within the tablets resulting in uneven distribution of the chemicals they're pressing.

So for example taking 1/2 of a street pressed bar of xanax could result in you taking 1.5mg or even 0.75mg of alprazolam instead of 1mg as a result of hotspots unlike your pharmaceutical manufactured alprazolam which you know what you're getting is consistent. 1/2 of a bar is 1mg and you can be assured that.

Unfortunately with street pressed xanax you do not know.

Be extremely careful with xanax because of how aggressive the onset and half life elimination is. Your tolerance can sky rocket before you know it. It is the strongest benzodiazepine out there in terms of building up tolerance towards it.

1 2mg xanax bar is equivalent to 6-8 diazepam to put that into perspective.

There are countless articles on the internet of people unable to stop taking or tapering off xanax then ending up in clinics for 3-6 months. A question you need to ask yourself is do you really want to go down that path especially after the information I've provided above regarding hotspots?

It's almost impossible to taper off street pressed xanax because of it's dosage inconsistency.

How are you certain the drugs you're consuming aren't adulterated with other substances?

The golden rule for consuming anything in my eyes is to always test things prior to ingesting the said substance. If it's not tested you could be taking anything as far as I'm concerned. There are cocaine testing kits available for adulterants, purity and cocaine identification. There should be no excuse to not be testing your cocaine because I'm certain it is most likely adulterated, As is all cocaine unless washed or bought directly from the source.

With levamisole becoming more prominent in cocaine and it's adulterants you should be extremely careful and invest in testing kits for all of your drugs especially if you can afford to purchase them in the first place. If you're unable to buy testing kits send them off to a local laboratory anonymously.

Not to strike fear in you but pharmaceutical substances should be only used as per your gp or psychiatrists recommendations. Self medicating isn't the answer especially when there has been fentanyl laced in "xanax" which only takes an extremely small dosage of you to consume to be fatal.

Not only that but among the various numbers of benzodiazepines and research chemicals out there you really can't be sure what you're taking unless you've tested it.

At bluelight we understand drug usage is going to happen and we cannot prevent that but we're here as a harm reduction organisation to minimise any risks or concerns users have.

If the answer you were looking for was a yes or no response, No would be the response I'm trying to get at.

You're mixing stimulants, hypnotics/benzo's and depressants with each other.

Benzodiazepines on their own are extremely difficult to overdose on providing you're healthy and you're not mixing them with anything else. Then again you don't want to have to go through benzodiazepine withdrawals because coming of xanax is more difficult that heroin.

Stick to one substance and learn to appreciate it, Test your substances and treat your body with respect because you only have 1.

Taking milk thistle and other supplements to prevent toxicity won't do much if you're combining cocaine (most likely adulterated and impure), benzodiazepines and alcohol not to mention the supplements you speak about.

For me taking alprazolam potentiates the alcohol and you'll experience what they refer to as benzo blackouts. 1/4 of a xanax bar is enough to make you blackout or kill you especially when you're mixing so many substances together.

Last edited: