The official "wow, Ronnie James Dio was an amazing singer" thread. rainbow, black Sabbath, and Dio music. try it!!!

My age is showing for sho!

They just had this Global Citizen concert on this past weekend and I was looking through the lineup to see if anything caught my fancy. I noticed "Lorde" and thought oh that's great i.e. spelling mistake and must have meant "Lordi". Fuck. How wrong I was! :ROFLMAO:

I always hated Dio 😬

the Bay City Rollers 🤣

and I hate Meatloaf too 😂 that album cover was cool tho

i caught the Pistols in NYC in 96....that was great - sounded super tight...they played Stepping Stone too - i always liked their version of it...Johnny Rotten rules

Dude. I really do know how you feel. Long story: but it's one of the reasons I no longer drink and watch or listen to Dio i.e. I cannot handle it. And I ain't joking. So I feel ya! Enjoy though. Experience has taught me that it feels shit and laughable that this shit can bring a man to tears. But you feel better for a good while after. Thanks to your thread I've been able to actually sit and listen and watch some stuff without losing it for once.

For the record (no pun intended) but there was a Black Sabbath album called "Dehumanizer" (1992) that didn't seem to feature with anyone. But it's some of the absolute best shit and one of the best mixed and mastered albums ever.

Here's the full album (playlist). Only one of these songs ("TV Crimes") kinda sorta made it. But fuck me. It's "heavy" Dio/Sabbath at a very fine point. And some of the lyrics to these songs are absolutely amazing.

Some of these videos don't work. I'm checking out the ones that do.

Please feel free everybody to not edit or delete your posts. I like threads to be organic. People post what they post.

Things get jumbled looking and confusing when you start deleting posts and editing things out.

Let it ride.

Dude. I really do know how you feel. Long story: but it's one of the reasons I no longer drink and watch or listen to Dio i.e. I cannot handle it. And I ain't joking. So I feel ya! Enjoy though. Experience has taught me that it feels shit and laughable that this shit can bring a man to tears. But you feel better for a good while after. Thanks to your thread I've been able to actually sit and listen and watch some stuff without losing it for once.

For the record (no pun intended) but there was a Black Sabbath album called "Dehumanizer" (1992) that didn't seem to feature with anyone. But it's some of the absolute best shit and one of the best mixed and mastered albums ever.

Here's the full album (playlist). Only one of these songs ("TV Crimes") kinda sorta made it. But fuck me. It's "heavy" Dio/Sabbath at a very fine point. And some of the lyrics to these songs are absolutely amazing.

Only one video in this playlist worked.

Yeah I loved to listen to these riffs back in 80's high and rolling down backroads in my supped up Chevelle ----good old days of leaded gas and
89 cents a gallon.:headbang:

I have the same problem with some of the videos that you have posted on this thread (although the same issue crops up from time to time on other threads with YouTube). Seems to me that sometimes videos are restricted by country or they're age restricted and will not allow viewing unless the user is actually logged into YouTube with a Google Account. Frankly YouTube is full of shit. I've posted other videos around these parts and that worked just fine initially and them some fucker or AI at YouTube has gone and age restricted them. And so far as I can tell: most here don't like having to log in to YouTube from a direct link here. Never have this shit with Vevo. But then Vevo lacks content of course.

Please feel free everybody to not edit or delete your posts. I like threads to be organic. People post what they post.

Things get jumbled looking and confusing when you start deleting posts and editing things out.

Let it ride.
That's very decent of you. Although we did go off at quite the tangent yesterday! :unsure: Sorry about that.

Only one video in this playlist worked.
Not sure why that happened i.e. worked fine this side. Just a guess but maybe you don't have YouTube's "Autoplay" enabled? Or could be something to do with my first comment above? No idea.

Last edited:

Let it ride.

that's exactly how i feel - good to see others do too...you're awesome dude

@simstim. Dude. I owe you one! Since you started this thread I've listened to more Dio, and other, in the last few days than I have in about two years and without losing my shit.

Apologies in advance for going off topic in this post. But if you want to get "fucking crazy" then this probably one of the best Ozzy Osbourne concerts ever (with Zakk Wylde):

Nothing wrong here @F.U.B.A.R.:

Tatooed Dancer (no further explanation necessary I'm sure! :love: ):

Bloodbath in Paradise (about the Manson murders! 💀 ):

Demon Alcohol (harm reduction anthem although usually has the opposite effect i.e. makes you wanna get fucked! 🍻 ):

Hoping the OP doesn't mind i.e. posting here because only the "real" (otherwise known as "old") metal heads and who appreciate this shit on this thread! :ROFLMAO: Posting on the other music threads like feeding caviar to pigs! :ROFLMAO: Don't want it getting all lost in the "boom boom pow pft pft pft" shit!

Last edited:
Crass attempt to get back on topic...

My song to Dio by Dio! :love:

Best part: I spent most of my musical life thinking that this song was about The Devil! Turns out it was actually a tongue-in-cheek reference to Elvis! :ROFLMAO:

Fun fact: this a studio recording (Sacred Heart album) (1985) and not from a live concert i.e. crowd noises were added/dubbed in the studio (something I resorted to always i.e. covers up a lot of mistakes and shortcomings! :ROFLMAO: ).