• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the official 2010-11 college football thread! ver. Auburn VS Oregon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, thanks for reminding me, I never get tired of watching what Spikes did to Moreno =D

when-moreno-met-spikes-o.gif

Last edited:
Ahhh, yes, but that's edited = faked. Mine was real = ass handed to him. Hell, the only person feeling a Gator hit worse than the aftershocks Moreno got, is probably Troy Smith who sleeps with the lights on, afraid of yet another sack. ;)

In more current news one of the gator websites had this tidbit:
I don’t know what this stat says but I thought I’d share it. There are five SEC teams in the top 25 in the country in total offense and six teams ranked 72nd or worse.

Easy to crow about the top rankings....when none of us look at the other half :\

Now I have said and do believe the WAC Conference is really weak and Boise St. should not be considered for ta national championship bid because the majority of the teams the play are terrible. I have to say I am so proud of my Alma matter Nevada making it into the top 25! We look really good this year. I hope this year is the year we beat Boise St. and win the WAC and finish off the season in the top 25. GO PACK!

There will be a LOT of wolfpack fans when that game rolls around ;)

Now I have said and do believe the WAC Conference is really weak and Boise St. should not be considered for ta national championship bid because the majority of the teams the play are terrible. I have to say I am so proud of my Alma matter Nevada making it into the top 25! We look really good this year. I hope this year is the year we beat Boise St. and win the WAC and finish off the season in the top 25. GO PACK!

yo, can your Wolfpack PLEASE beat Boise State?

I'm torn about the WAC. for what it's worth, I feel like they are just as good, or maybe a little less talented them two BCS conferences (ACC and Big Easy).

it's not fair that those two conferences get an automatic BCS bid.

I would much rather certainly see the #2 Big Ten team (Iowa perhaps) and the #2 SEC team (Arkansas perhaps) in a big BCS bowl game than lets say Miami or god awful fucking Pittsburgh or WVU.

the BCS gives me headaches.

RE: Troy Smith. that game was over when Ted Ginn halfway injured his ankle and wanted to save himself for the NFL. IF TED GINN WAS THERE OSU WOULD HAVE WON HE BURNED YOU MANG ON THE FIRST KICK OFF WOULD HAVE BURNED YOU LIKE GONORRHEA ALL DAYUM DAY!!1

dude! me too! it is so much fun to watch, and very effective on the collegiate level.

I wonder if some OC in the NFL will ever pick it up and utilize, like when the Wildcat got insanely popular?

dude! me too! it is so much fun to watch, and very effective on the collegiate level.

I wonder if some OC in the NFL will ever pick it up and utilize, like when the Wildcat got insanely popular?

The Dolphins tried it (with Pat White) and it failed.

For those of you who follow the Fulmer Cup, I discovered the all time standings. And just to piss of TLB and Pander, I decided to post it here. You guys can see where your respective teams rank. I'll give you a hint: You will not have to scroll down very far.

http://www.sportsargumentwiki.com/index.php?title=Fulmer_Cup_Dynasty

Sweet!!! Nice find. And the SEC has 50% of the top 10 all time! Woo-hoo.....we rule!!

what was that derogatory acronym for the SEC? something about being stupid criminals, hehehe.

how about Minnesota and their recent debacles of a football team? I feel pretty bad for their lack of relevancy. seems like their last relevant years were when they had the tandem of running backs that featured Lawrence Maroney.

they have a beautiful campus, a half decent coach, and facilities that almost match the top tier of the Big Ten. however, it seems that no one wants to go to Minnesota anymore and freakin' freeze to death. I'm sure the lack of quality in Minnesota high school football can't really match the likes of Ohio, Florida, Texas, Cali, and Michigan. what a shame.

all you Southern yokel and you California silly ninnies got it real lucky with the weather factor

all you Southern yokel and you California silly ninnies got it real lucky with the weather factor

i dunno for anybody who has been in Alabama during the summer hot is not a strong enough word.

yeah, but congrats on the way Bama has played so far. Mark Ingram hasn't missed a beat and Nick Saban is still a genius devil disguised as a football coach. I'm not a real big Greg McElroy fan, but he's a good captain of a ball control offense. I just think he's rather bland. however, anything more or less and it would take away from the solidarity of the Bama offense

USC Trojan fan here. Not a band wagon fan either, I lived in ca and grew up watching USC and the oakland raiders back when they had more wins than losses lol.

this would be a fucked up year to be a bandwagon trojans fan.

I think this is a bad year to be a fan of any other team than Bama. I don't see anyone beating them. I hate Florida so much that I still hope Bama wins, and I usually root for the underdog.

this would be a fucked up year to be a bandwagon trojans fan.

LOL.....

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Week 5, Games of Interest:

Thu
7:30 PM ET Texas A&M at Oklahoma State (-3) - Decent, for a Thur night. I'll take OSU, but not care too much either way.

Fri
8:00 PM ET Brigham Young at Utah State (+4.5) - Decent for a Fri night. I'll go with UT St, and not care a whole lot either way way.

Sat
12:00 PM ET No. 2 Ohio State at Illinois (+17) - The Big10+2 season begins. Can the Zooker pull the upset? F'k no. tOSU 31 - ILL 10. EDIT - I had tOSU with 28, but bumped it to 31, as Tressel will put TP in to kick a field goal in hopes that it helps his Heisman votes ;)
12:00 PM ET No. 16 Miami (FL) at Clemson (+3.5) - "MIA is back, baby" ... or so I keep hearing. MIA 20 - CLEM 14 (in an ugly game that impresses nobody but MIA homers ;) ).
2:00 PM ET No. 5 TCU at Colorado State (+33.5) - Conference game, can't knock 'em for it :\ But when you are a 33.5 favorite for in-conference games, you can't argue back when people criticize a weak schedule, IMO. You just better beat them by 40+.
3:30 PM ET No. 21 Texas vs. No. 8 Oklahoma* (+3.5) - Red River Rivalry. Does TX respond to it's UCLA loss with a sense of proving themselves, or are they simply that over rated, and OU rolls them? TX 17 - OU 34.
3:30 PM ET No. 11 Wisconsin at No. 24 Michigan State (+2) - A top 25 matchup for opening weekend of Big10+2 play...and a good one, too. WISC 10 - MSU 17
3:30 PM ET No. 19 Michigan at Indiana (+10) - Over under for Mr. Robinson's yardage this weekend? I'll go over 400 for the win. MICH 42 - IND 14.
3:30 PM ET Virginia Tech at No. 23 North Carolina State (+4) - Is either of them an ACC top tier team? VT 21 - NCST 24.
6:30 PM ET Arizona State at Oregon State (-3.5) - And ASU adds their name to the list of BCS wannabe's with a win. Too bad they lose. ASU 7 - OSU 21.
7:00 PM ET Georgia at Colorado (+4.5) - @ COL? Really? What did we learn from GT @ KAN? Well, UGA does have AJ Green back, finally. UGA 21 - COL 17.
8:00 PM ET No. 7 Florida at No. 1 Alabama (-8 ) - Top 10 matchup, but do I really need to say anything more? FL 17 - AL 28.
8:00 PM ET No. 9 Stanford at No. 4 Oregon (-7) - Another Top 10 matchup, College Gameday live from Eugene, OR. Lee Corso will done the Cardinal mascot head, and STAN pulls the upset. STAN 20 - OR 17.
8:00 PM ET Notre Dame at Boston College (+3) - Catholic school battle royale....more like a pillow fight. While I think ND can win this one, and may in fact do so....my loathing for them prevents me from making such a pick. ND 17 - BC 24.
8:00 PM ET No. 3 Boise State at New Mexico State (+43.5) - Conference game, can't knock them 8) But do they cover? By halftime. BSU 66 - NMSU 0.
8:05 PM ET No. 22 Penn State at No. 17 Iowa (-7) - Top 25 matchup for the Big10+2, something of a rivalry game with how it's gone in recent years. PSU 20 - IA 30. Sorry, Joe Pa.
10:00 PM ET No. 25 Nevada at UNLV (+20.5) - Wolfpack and the pistol...climbing the rankings. NEV 38 - UNLV 9.
11:30 PM ET Louisiana Tech at Hawaii (-8 ) - Holy crap, it sucks to play in the WAC. Imagine having to play games that far apart? One year leave HI to play in a hot, muggy bayou; then the next year LA has to go to a 'vactionland' and remain focused? I didn't check, but I imagine HI wins most of these games, like this one. LT 10 - HI 24.

All in all, not a bad slate for the weekend. And with the wife out of town, I can drink beer and eat pizza all day long in my boxers! No need to leave the house (except for more beer....unless I can plan ahead ;) ).

7:00 PM ET Georgia at Colorado (+4.5) - @ COL? Really? What did we learn from GT @ KAN? Well, UGA does have AJ Green back, finally. UGA 21 - COL 17.

That's crazy talk. Dawgs continue their slide downward into ND territory with a close loss on the road.

yeah, but congrats on the way Bama has played so far. Mark Ingram hasn't missed a beat and Nick Saban is still a genius devil disguised as a football coach. I'm not a real big Greg McElroy fan, but he's a good captain of a ball control offense. I just think he's rather bland. however, anything more or less and it would take away from the solidarity of the Bama offense

Please forgive my rambling.
I agree with all of that. Just hope our defense will get their shit together. They use to handle business when on the field but now not so much. Florida will be a tough game. I'm a bit nervous this year when last year I never doubted we would win every game.
Ingram is a powerhouse that has proven time and time again that he is brilliant when he has the ball. And Richardson is just like him. If not better. Kid is ridiculously strong and fast.
I'm not a McElroy fan either. He is plain but obviously gets it done.
We have a great team. Just have a few spots to work on.
Your description of Saban is just right. Lol
I live in the UA town. Can see the stadium from where I'm sitting now. Gives me chills everytime I look over at that monstrosity. It's huge. 101 thousand seats now?

BTW the heat and humidity here is almost unbearable.

Status
Not open for further replies.