• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the official 2010-11 college football thread! ver. Auburn VS Oregon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
there is no saving UGA's season... well, maybe if we went undefeated from here on out, but that's crazy talk given the past 3 weeks. Hell, who knows, maybe we just need Aj green back.

the best thing for UGA to do now would be to beat somebody like Florida. I don't think the Dawgs get a day this year in college football.

TP had as much as a Heisman moment as a player could have against Eastern Michigan University. I believe he got six touchdowns, and he is the only player in OSU history to run, pass, and catch for a TD.

Ryan Mallet looked good, until the fourth quarter. while he crumbled under pressure it appeared as if Mark Ingram embraced it. Ingram looks as good as he did last year, perhaps even better.

Denard "the Retard" Robinson of Michigan should get some press, as much as I despise admitting this. he hasn't played a competent level of competition yet, so I've been ignoring Michigan fans (who have been writing him in as a Heisman already). however, one can't deny that without him UM could be winless.

so TP, Mallet, Ingram, and Robinson. are these the only Heisman hopefuls as of yet?

the best thing for UGA to do now would be to beat somebody like Florida. I don't think the Dawgs get a day this year in college football.

TP had as much as a Heisman moment as a player could have against Eastern Michigan University. I believe he got six touchdowns, and he is the only player in OSU history to run, pass, and catch for a TD.

Ryan Mallet looked good, until the fourth quarter. while he crumbled under pressure it appeared as if Mark Ingram embraced it. Ingram looks as good as he did last year, perhaps even better.

Denard "the Retard" Robinson of Michigan should get some press, as much as I despise admitting this. he hasn't played a competent level of competition yet, so I've been ignoring Michigan fans (who have been writing him in as a Heisman already). however, one can't deny that without him UM could be winless.

so TP, Mallet, Ingram, and Robinson. are these the only Heisman hopefuls as of yet?

If Denard Robinson keeps it up, he deserves the Heisman more than anybody. I can't wait to watch the OSU- Michigan game at the end of the season. Denard is a one man team out there.

If Denard Robinson keeps it up, he deserves the Heisman more than anybody. I can't wait to watch the OSU- Michigan game at the end of the season. Denard is a one man team out there.

Agreed. Weak competition thus far (ND getting a nod as a 'little' above 'weak'), but the man is a freak. I'd love to see him shattering records this year. And I, too, am eagerly awaiting his play against tOSU.

TP had ... a Heisman moment ... against Eastern Michigan University.

... against Eastern Michigan University.

:|

Oh, hai, did you see our freshman score 5 rushing TDs and a TD reception? Against a 3-0 team? From a real conference? Yes, the freshman. The one who is the backup QB - not a RB, not a WR, but a backup QB. Did you see him?

:|

there is no saving UGA's season... well, maybe if we went undefeated from here on out, but that's crazy talk given the past 3 weeks. Hell, who knows, maybe we just need Aj green back.

I have a GT fan in my office, lamenting how their season is shot as well, and even winning the ACC wouldn't do much since even the top ACC team won't be in the top 20. They're holding out for a win over UGA at this point, and I think they'll get it. The question in my mind is if Urban is still pissed off at UGA and will run the score up, or call them off once we're up by 30+. I honestly don't know. And yes, this is a bit presumptive on my part, given the Dawgs will be 'up' for the rivalry game, and anything can happen....but I've seen both teams play - we're getting better, and already are good enough to beat UGA handily; whereas UGA is getting worse, and AJ green can't be enough of a difference maker to change my expectation on how the game will go (UGA has no defense....and apparently no offense, so shutting down the one decent option of Green would keep the game in hand).

1 - my comments that UCLA/TEX was blah? What would any football fan think when looking at a perrenial BCS bowl team, at home, ranked #7, and facing a perrenial disappointment? :\ I stand by the idea that my expectations were warranted - at that time. Hindight says different.

2 - Tell my you, or anyone, was expecting a team that was 1-2 (Lost @ Kan St 31-22, Lost at home to STAN 35-0 with the coach apologizing to fans after the game?, got past #23 at home 31-13....sitting at 0-1 at the bottom of the Pac-10)....was going to go into TEX and deliver that kind of ass whooping. I doubt it.

3 - Where would you be if UCLA had lost like was expected? Shrugging and saying again well, maybe next year....

Whatever reasons you want to give TLB, I still find your initial comments very disappointing. ;) Hate all you want...it just makes the upset that much sweeter.

As a UCLA fan, sure I was not exactly in a good place after the first two weeks, but Neuheisel has shown he can turn the ship around, and if you watched any of the last two weeks, he's done just that. The Pistol offense is now looking like the right move for this team...and when can you tell me you last saw a team only try 8 pass attempts and still dominate a game like the Bruins did in Austin?

If anything, that win makes Stanford look great....and this week's Stanford/Oregon game should be on everyone's must-watch list. It's looking like it's going to be a most intriguing season of Pac-10 football. :)

Oh and just to remind you TLB...the Pac-10 still owns a winning record over the SEC since the inception of the BCS. :D

all i know is that mark richt's ass is on the hot seat right now. if they only win 3 or 4 more games this season i think he's gone. another DUI on saturday, that's 10 arrests this season.

that said, i don't think tech stands a chance agains them. tech is terrible.

oh, and why is nobody talking about the vols?? oh, that's right. we are awful, pathetic and matt simms is boarderline retarded.

lsu pretty much sucks this year as well and i think they're gonna blow us out on saturday.

TLB, my Heisman/EMU statement was wrought with internet sarcasm. hey, you're supposed to beat who you are supposed to beat

As a UCLA fan, sure I was not exactly in a good place after the first two weeks, but Neuheisel has shown he can turn the ship around, and if you watched any of the last two weeks, he's done just that. The Pistol offense is now looking like the right move for this team...and when can you tell me you last saw a team only try 8 pass attempts and still dominate a game like the Bruins did in Austin?

If anything, that win makes Stanford look great....and this week's Stanford/Oregon game should be on everyone's must-watch list. It's looking like it's going to be a most intriguing season of Pac-10 football. :)

Oh and just to remind you TLB...the Pac-10 still owns a winning record over the SEC since the inception of the BCS. :D

I have a browser deficiency in that my work firewall blocks smilies, so I miss a lot of the winks and smiles on here - true story :\. And yes, I'm interested to see how STAN does this season, given they may be in the top group of the PAC-10 this season. Word is

Oh, and for you and Axl's benefit, there is the weekly Capital One Impact Performance for each week. This Weeks' nominees are tOSU's Pryor, FLA's Burton, AUB's Cam Newton, and the UCLA team's 5 TO's from TEX to win the game. Check the poll, and who's winning the votes ;)

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/index?page=caponecup

TLB, my Heisman/EMU statement was wrought with internet sarcasm. hey, you're supposed to beat who you are supposed to beat

It seems my sarcasm AND smiley detectors are fail lately. :hug:

the Pac-10... winning... it seems not long ago that conference was a legit threat with legit contenders. I do enjoy me some Pac-10 ball at it's finest, but it seems like this year everything has taken a turn for the worst.

well, besides the ever offensively opulent Oregon. but can we for sure say how good they are at this point in the season?

What are you smoking axl? Stanford looks beastly so far. Harbaugh's got his guys playing tough. Arizona took out Iowa, and ASU nearly did the same @ Wisconsin, and that's a bottom 5 team according to preseason predictions. Oh, and predicted 8th place finisher UCLA just stomped Texas and ended Houston's season already. Can't blame Oregon State for challenging themselves with two incredibly tough non conference games, which they played pretty well despite having to break in a brand new QB. Oh, and yeah there's 'SC who is still undefeated, albeit not really impressing anyone along the way.

Last season was a reshuffling of sorts, and this season is showing those who are on the move up are looking like contenders...that is until the inevitable in-conference cannibalism that the Pac tends to do.

I'm gonna savor this last season of Pac-10 with full round-robin league play. I'll miss the format.

if you remember, I was a huge fan of the Pac-10 at the end of the last season. it was an intriguing conference to watch and see which team would get to the Rose Bowl.

I don't think Texas is that good this year, man. I also have to discredit USC for almost losing to Minnesota, which no offense China Rider, is a very very bad team.

Arizona took out Iowa, but I had a feeling that Wisco or Iowa would get upset. Iowa plays atrocious when they go out West, and I have a feeling this will be their last stop out there for a long time.

Jim Harbaugh is the man, but a lot of my expectations on this conference hinge on how good Oregon is. and I just don't know this right now

well I hope Mark Richt doesn't get fired. I always thought he was a bad ass coach, too. I will never forget the whole-team celebration stunt he pulled against Florida. sometimes I wish Big Ten coaches were more like that, but I guess it is a double edged sword. looks like Richt can hardly keep his players' noses clean

Sad that Mark Richt will be fired at the end of this year. He was a true Cane through and through while he was down here.

But if you start losing and you can't keep the boys under control, I guess you got to go.

sorry about being a Gophers fan, bro. I remember the glory days of Lawrence Maroney, when the Big Ten was top-to-bottom a solid conference. hell, Purdue had Joe Tiller before he neutered himself, Michigan State had Plaxico Burress and Jay Smoker, and even Indiana had Antwaan Randel El.

nowadays it's mostly just Ohio State, Penn State every three years, and Iowa if they didn't trip over their dick in the bigger games

9kyzgo_medium_medium.gif

this just in! Gaytors don't like disabled kids! Urban Meyer's head to explode next to one!

Status
Not open for further replies.