The official 2003 UK+Europe Bl meetup, bham, fri 24th oct

i'd like to do a Doors megamix 6 hour session :D

The problem with funky house is, it just is not funky enough. Now if you promise the funkiest funky house ever funked, then all will be good.

Originally posted by JustinTime in the RollCall thread

SA. You're coming all the way from Canada?

Plane tickets from there to the UK will cost you a few dollars.

JT, I was already scheduled to come over (B-Day present of sorts for my "significant other" :) ). The meetup just pushed my arrival a few days earlier, that's all.

Chr, no more worries. Sorted out a better way. Gonna land in London and take the train, like in February. Will be in Aber on Friday afternoon. Now that we won't need the trunk (boot) space for my luggage, Diogo's momma's got a ride. ;)

just an update: our best hope so far for a venue has fallen through and we're off to berlin for four days.. if anyone can come up with somewhere new for us to call pm me! Still got a few places to try though:)

jesus. fuck. i like funky house. and im still going.
actually im loosing my taste for funky house, being corrupted by the people here, but never the less i like funky house. But i like other tastes, trance, drum/bass, hard house, i just have a particular taste for funk house.
anyway i hear its going to be good, so im going to meet some awesome poeple i hope. this will be my first meetup, and im going solo....so anyone else thats going solo from london, let me know.

I probably am unless my "rentacrowd(tm)" feels like missioning it all the way up to Brum also....

...although looking at HiJinx's last post, we might just have to find a venue down here instead and get everyone down...

Well if every option runs out in brum...then we can always give sids a call (the place in london where we had mashed)...but i think everyone was wanting to have it more centrally...

or i guess we could get some numbers for some places in nottingham...but if we do, we're happy to give advice and help in small ways, but we're still exhausted from doing mashed and can't commit to being fully involved in organising... :\

Let us know if you want us to get some numbers though :D

xxx

Ok, well I know practically nothing about b'ham nightlife, and I can't find shit on the web.

Who actually knows birmingham? Most of the clubs look massive (too big for what we'll want), what about late night pubs?

Any clues anyone?

Chr1s

Jinx just hasnt been trying bery hard, there are plenty of places available, but shes been busy with work during the day. She's off for a few days now so she can put more effort into it...

and if she cant sort it -I- can! *throws down gauntlet* (that ought to make her try harder ;))

How much will the ticket cost? I know that it's a hard question to answer, but it'd be nice to have a estimated entrance fee.

RobertRollie said:
Jinx just hasnt been trying bery hard, there are plenty of places available, but shes been busy with work during the day. She's off for a few days now so she can put more effort into it...

and if she cant sort it -I- can! *throws down gauntlet* (that ought to make her try harder ;))

hehe, I wasn't implying anything ;).. Just trying to see whether anyone else has any ideas. Thanks for the update :)

I think if we leave it much longer it may well be hard to find somewhere to hire on a saturday...

As well as knowing how much it's going to be, we'll need to know what time we have to be out, and what time we can be in.

I think we should be looking at somewhere that will take 200 people, (an estimate, by how many people are coming so far)... Somewhere with a late license, hmm... i'm sure theres lots more stuff to think about with it too.

Wish I could find some bloody venues online, but I spent 2 hours searching for something suitable but found nothing except clubs that can house 3798739728 people.

Anyway.

Let us know if anyone finds anything :)

Chris

I still have a few places to try, as to cost, definitely not more than 10 but I'm hoping for £5.
Give me a week on the venues. I actually have time off this week so I shall call around, walk around and if that doesn't work I shall try Sid's!

After party - well, if there's 10 of us y'all can come back to ours;) but if there's more then Afterssential is always on on a Sunday til midday.

^^ your a trooper :)

on another note, does anyone reckon we should ask the drug squad to leave a couple of undercover officiers inside ... just incase anyone tries to sneak narcotics into the event and ruin the fun for everyone? ;)

I'm looking for a ride back on Sun 26 back to Stansted. The trains are wierd, the time tables changes? Whatever, it'd be nice to get a ride cause then I know I'll make the flight.

woo! bring some friends;)

Justin, you could always get a lift to London, the trains to Stansted from there are only an hour and more reliable than from here- there's often buses on Sundays due to trackwork. If not there's always flightlink coaches from either London or possibly Birmingham.

Why October dammit.

Surely September would be better - it's at the end of the summer, still (unofficially) holiday time, i might still have a tan left, and well, it's sooner =D