• Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film The ninth gate

stars?

• [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/1star.gif[/img]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/2stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I love this film. It may not be the best in Polanski's carreer, but Johnny Depp shines in it (Polanski's a beast at directing actors). Apart from the ending (a recurrent problem in Polanski's directing skills), everything is brilliant in this film.

^I think the ending for Chinatown is one of the best endings in cinema history.

But everything else you said I agree with. Definitely not Polanski's best film. But still good.

It's a very good film. Quite approachable on it's surface, but full of more complex layers if you're into that kind of analytical movie-watching.

Depp is pretty great in it and handles the off-kilter humour with skill.

I may just have to download and take another look.

Johnny did well in that film, I enjoyed it and Him! Have had a Love/Lust thang for him for a long time....and I would like to include that he chooses the films he wants to do.

Twas an excellent flick. The whole satanic theme was well played; haunting but not overdone/tacky as is usually the case with anything involving "the dark prince" in cinema and literature. The plot kept me in mad suspense wondering what eternal fate would befall Depp's character. The succubus was awesome too :)

Beautifully shot, and creepy, but not really my cup of tea, and none of the characters grabbed me. Then again, I was dragged along to see it by friends, so whatever.

Ok, and I can never find anyone that's seen this and remembers, but was anybody like....way more aroused than they felt any business being at towards the end....where her hair and face was changing. And everything was on fire behind her.

I feel like a normal person would be at least a little freaked out.

Actually, I liked the part where she wiped her blood on his face. Yeow.

it's a good movie, and even though i find johnny depp really irritating in most of his roles he was quite good in it. i saw it when it came out and again maybe 8-10 years ago, so i don't know if i'd enjoy it as much as i did back then if i saw it again.

I ate 17 motion sickness pills the night before. Felt like a cork screw was driving through my temple. Was 17-18. Didn't care for it. All my friends considered it stupid/horrible. Not that they/we were right. Is like to watch it not with a corkscrew driving through temple.