• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

The next big scene

Fried Man

Bluelighter
Im sure this has been discussed before.....but I'll bring it up again for people that have not seen it.

So i'm wondering what is going to be the next big drug scene out there to develope? I'm talking about a scene and culture that is shaped by a single drug that involves music, art, dancing, people etc . . . .

Like in the 60's, the hippie scene with lsd

in the 70's, cocaine and disco

in the 90's, the rave scene and mdma

these are just a few examples of music scenes that evolved around drugs, usually a single drug. Like the rave culture was basically the combination of technology (synthesizers) and psychedelic drugs (mainly lsd and mdma)

It's just so cool to me the factors that make a new music scene emerge. Music and drugs really will always go together in some form. It's like, as long as there are music and drugs, a scene will emerge. It's like a math equation. X and Y are drugs n music, everything else in the equation are the different factors that give different answers, different scenes.

Like Heroin helped shape jazz and blues scenes as well as grunge music. Acid shaped 60's psychedelic music as well as 90's acid house. MDMA was available in the 60's, but for whatever reason, was not big enough to start a whole scene around it until the 90's. If acid could be made in the 60's, mdma could certainly in mass quantities. It really seems perfect for the 60's too, can anyone else shed some theories or facts on why mdma never broke out big in the 60's?

And what's next? Is it going to be the same drug with a different scene, like coke? or are we going to see a rare new drug emerge, some hidden gem RC or some unique designer opiate that will help create a new music style, genre, scene and culture.......

Last edited:
Meth. Thats all I see around here.

I can see an army of meth heads turning the whole world into their mulisha, quite the opposite of the 60's.

even disco and the coke era of the 70's seems alot better than any scene that revolves around meth........unless its like a massive chess club or something.

Meth is most likely changing the rave scene. More meth = Harder/Faster house n techno, less loved up trance and funky house music......

Last edited:
the_ketaman said:
Meth. Thats all I see around here.

I can see an army of meth heads turning the whole world into their mulisha, quite the opposite of the 60's.

The Rave Culture is just now entering some parts of the world (IE The midwest were we are allegedly 5 years behind or something). I still believe there is nothing better then the rave scene. And I honestly dont see it dying out anytime soon.

the meth scene is over, whats NEXT?

it was ecstasy then oxycontin then meth whats next??

xanax is pretty big, but thats a lame ass drug.

Honestly I reckon acid is coming back coz im always hearing about people trying acid for the first time. Except I think the culture will be a little different, I think acid doofs will be next. The only thing alike with doofs and raves is they both play music, they both have lights and people take drugs there, but the atmosphere is totally different.

ACID(or maybe psych's in general) AND DOOFS!!!!

i'd say RCs... newer more exotic chems will make their way into existance and the psychedelic revolution will happen once more

Swerz said:
i'd say RCs... newer more exotic chems will make their way into existance and the psychedelic revolution will happen once more

VIVA LA PSYCHEDELIC REVOLUTION

Fried Man said:
Meth is most likely changing the rave scene. More meth = Harder/Faster house n techno, less loved up trance and funky house music......
Hrm, not from what I've seen. Myself and the guys I used to tweek/rave with when I did meth listened to primarily jungle/DnB and a little house.

ElHefe said:
The Rave Culture is just now entering some parts of the world (IE The midwest where we are allegedly 5 years behind or something). I still believe there is nothing better then the rave scene. And I honestly dont see it dying out anytime soon.
Amen. Still shaking off last night. Got 30mg of 2C-B for free at 5:45am and insuffulated it....blacked out for 10min and woke up in the middle of a regular face-melter....next time I'm eating it.

I really wouldn't be surprised if RCs do become the predominant substances, the psychadelic revolution occurs again; but the scene remains rave/techno. Currently I know more people that use RCs at events regularily than rolls.

PS. However, I don't really see MDMA leaving the scene for a long while yet...at least not in my area.

Yeah I was at a party last weekend and I swear half the people there were on acid (and it was all their first drug exp. apart from perhaps weed / alcohol)

I shouldve seen it coming that it was gonna be big.

I just got over psychedelics recently, (for the most part) and when I decide I'm sick of something it usually becomes cool. . . no I'm not trying to say I'm ahead of the trends. . what I'm saying is that the world always does whatever I dont want it to do just to piss me off..

Now when I'm chillin out tryin to nod on a couch im gunna have to put up with a bunch of hippy spacetime crap. Sure I can talk that stuff with the best, but I've been there and done it and I'm sick of the fact that there is no god damned answer.

I think in the 90s instead of MDMA heroin was the big influence to popular culture. I suppose you are right, the mid and later half of the 90s was all about MDMA and raving but I really think heroin influenced pop. culture more profoundly in this decade.

I get asked this question a lot and I honestly do not know what the next big influential drug will be. it may very well be cocaine again. it could easily become MDMA and psychs. what about drugs like marijuana and alcohol? everyone I know consumes those. who knows? only time will tell.

Psychedelics - I think we need 'em at this point as the world is tightening up again. But then again, who knows? Time will tell; perhaps something we'd never expect.

I envision the next big drug scene movement utilizing some new revoltutionary form of technology. Something like holograms and lights and music, maybe even smell and tastes too....stuff that blends all the senses together, synthethesia. I'm thinking really interactive stuff. The drugs will be psychedelic in some form, which will complement the technology perfectly . . . .

Axl, I think heroin hit its peak within the Jazz community years ago and reemerged with the 90's grunge era.

i hope its LSD!!! im on the east coast and its NEVER around, EVERYTHING else is around once in a while but never any good cid.

RC's and psychedelcis are definitely going to be the next big thing because they can help CURE addictions and people are going in a healthy lifestyle direction that is the big thing no, good for the environment and good for the body. drugs like LSD are EXTREMELY safe and non-toxic, only danger is a bad trip or the occasional person who takes way too much and is "never the same" supposedly there are those people out there (i've never seen any or heard of any personally but i don't doubt it i guess)

MDMA isn't going to go out of style but it may come back with the psychedelics as a drug used to mix with them like a MDMA + shroom combo or MDMA + LSD or what i want to try MDMA + MDA + opiates or MDMA + shrooms + oxycodone, i really want to poppy flip (opiates + MDMA) and adding some shrooms would be GREAT.

this should be the next revolution and change. and we should start it!!

we need a new counter culture that is defined. we need definition. well we don't, and i dont know who we are, but we're out there, and we know who we are.

Possibly Ketamine. Alot of the club kids in the scene I party in around here are experimenting with K, both in clubs and at houses.

Quite a few of my friends have started getting into it.