Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Megathread The Netflix Mega-thread vs Netflix Originals Suck

What are some other good shows? I'm into "The Outsider" on HBO, but I want another show to check out.

I'm gonna try and finish up every Ken Burns documentary on Netflix and then convince my partner that we need to cancel our subscription to Netflix. Tired of $15 a month for nothing to watch...

I'll cancel next month too. I switch it up and cancel Netflix to keep HBO Now app and Amazon Prime, then get Netflix back another month. None of these streaming services are worth paying for every single month.

I heard Dracula on Netflix is great.

Oooh, there's a brand new Dutch horror series on Netflix called 'Ares'! Came out today.

The description is "Aiming to become part of Amsterdam's elite, an ambitious college student joins an exclusive society, unaware it's hiding a horrifying secret."

Right up my alley...

People need to watch 'Ares'. I saw a lot of truth in it about what goes on in satanic cults and it alludes to mind control as well. Those people had no idea what they were getting into, but they found out that it wasn't a fairytale and the devil is real. Of course it was too late though. You reap what you sow.

So I binge watched Lost in Space on Netflix. It's based on the Lost in Space tv show from the 1960s.
I think it's an awesome sci-fi series! Season 1 is excellent! Watching season 2 now. It is great family drama too. Very clean which is rare nowadays.
It's basically like the title says: a group of space voyages get lost in space!

That Ares show is next on my list to watch.

Terror season 1 and did not expect it to be that good. What a breath of fresh air from the tripe that has come out the past few years.
Yep The Terror was good! It's based on the book by Dan Simmons, who is one of my favorite authors. The book is more into how the monster stalks the crews, but man it is a long read but an excellent one.

Episode 5 of 'The Witcher', I see there's a cloning theme...taking over the body and memories of someone else so that they can continue their evil agenda. One of them had the nerve to say "Children are our favorite." Yeah, I know. 🙄 Just another example of how they're putting what they're up to in these shows/movies.
A couple of years ago I read the four Fantasy books that The Witcher is based on - by a Polish Fantasy writer. The books are real good! So The Witcher is on my radar after Ares!

The outsider shows a lot of promise. Sadly theh didnt release all the episodes at once and now Im not sure if I should stay subscribed to Hbo.

Did you watch the new episode of 'The Outsider'? I'm about to watch it now. HBO never releases all of the episodes at once. Only Netflix does that.

HAH! Gonna watch it in about an hour, love. Yeah, your right. HBO is more about the quality also. Gotta doctor meeting in the morning for my crps for which I dont even have any meds...

<3

Terror season 1 and did not expect it to be that good. What a breath of fresh air from the tripe that has come out the past few years.
Yes :) don't bother with season 2 though. I agree with the breath of fresh air, so tired of all the gazillion D+ series coming out. Problem is that all the major networks are focusing on getting out as much content as possible as to reach as a wide an audience as possible. Gets me so angry, with so much more budget and a wider audience available nowadays... just go look at all the series HBO released in 2004, the difference in quality is HUGE. Makes me sound like a snob but I don't care, there's still some good stuff here and there but 2019 was an ultra shit TV year.

I'm watching both The Expanse (which is good) and Twin Peaks (new season, which makes it seem like Lynch has gone demented or something, but I like it, not as much as the first two seasons though) btw, I can recommend

Twin Peaks: The Return was definitely something far removed from the original show. Fire Walk with Me was something in between, definitely watch it if you haven’t.