Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Megathread The Netflix Mega-thread vs Netflix Originals Suck

Poopie I watched the whole series with in the first 5 days it was released, next season will be cray.

Is there a date for when the next season will come out?

I finished all twelve episodes in like three days. I don't know what to do with myself now.
Goddamn its a fantastic show though.

No date that I know of. It was picked up for a second season before the first season was even released!

So much better than Weeds, I think. Even early Weeds, before it got retardedly outlandish (and I loved early Weeds).

You can prepare yourself for TWD. And Boardwalk Empire. And Dexter is still on.

I still think weeds is better so far, be sure to watch the wire. Highest rated TV show ever. Not on Netflix such though

I thought the whole thing was awful. I kept watching for 'Crazy Eyes' but I cannot stand the lead.

o0b1.jpg

i recommend the shit out of this movie

o0b1.jpg

i recommend the shit out of this movie
It's not on Netflix Instant, though. It's available on Hulu Plus. Why isn't this thread titled "The Netflix Instant Mega-thread"? Shouldn't there be separate threads for every major legal streaming video service if the point of threads like this is to provide a space for those with access to recommend films from the services' unique stocks?

Instantwatcher.com does a better job of organizing Netflix stuff than Netflix itself, but I'm not aware of similar adjunct sites for Hulu or Amazon Prime. Does anybody know of any?

It's not on Netflix Instant, though.

I watched it on netflix instant fairly recently, i want to say maybe a month ago. i guess they took it off (that's one thing that pisses me off about netflix, they're always shuffling around their instant content)

at any rate, i recommend getting ahold of it somehow it really is quite an exceptional film and one that lends itself to multiple viewings

Last edited:
I watched it on netflix instant fairly recently, i want to say maybe a month ago. i guess they took it off (that's one thing that pisses me off about netflix, they're always shuffling around their instant content)

at any rate, i recommend getting ahold of it somehow it really is quite an exceptional film and one that lends itself to multiple viewings
I watched it. Good recommendation. I read some comments that indicated it was slow, but I don't know what they're talking about. This is the best movie with Michael Shannon in it that I've seen.

i was very touched by the scene where rosow falls asleep on the train and sees his dead wife in edward hopper's "new york movie", among others. i thought it was an emotionally intense but very rewarding movie, and i agree with you that i did not find it slow at all. dark, but not slow. i will definitely be looking out for noah buschel's movies in the future.

michael shannon is very underrated as an actor imho. i feel like he's a true "actor's actor".. it does take some appreciation of the art form in general to appreciate what he does, because his performances are very nuanced. i also recommend shotgun stories if you haven't seen it already.

actually one of my favorite michael shannon moments is in before the devil knows you're dead, which he plays only a bit part in. phil hoffman's character busts into the room with a handgun and shannon's line is something to the effect of "you look grouchy, mind if i call ya Groucho?" and just the way he delivers that line is pure comedy genius, i had to pause the movie because i was laughing so hard (which in itself is kind of an odd sydney lumet-ish moment, because its right in the middle of a very tense and emotional scene).

Last edited:
4ttm.jpg

just watched this series and i enjoyed it. it's about snowboarding, and there's plenty of that if you're into it. but some of the high resolution shots of backcountry terrain that they capture are just stunning, and they get into all kinds of adventures and watnot along the way going to various locations to shoot. i found it pretty entertaining, and i'm not even really into snowboarding.

great series ^...makes me miss living in mammoth....snowboarding is like surfing a giant wave

one of the best movies ive seen, really funny and really sad...its about a rich man who got paralyzed and was looking for a cartaker and found a black felon that he really liked that treated him different,if you have netflix its a must watch
its in french though

MV5BMTYxNDA3MDQwNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTU4Mzc1Nw@@._V1_.jpg

Drinking Buddies

20-drinking-buddies.jpg

It's summer and in Chicago and they're all sweating the whole time...I want it to be warm again.

Olivia Wilde looks beautiful and so minimalist and fresh with bare makeup. And Jake Johnson looks weirdly hot. And then there's Ron Livingston and Anna Kendrick. The first are bee free's and work at a small brewery in Chicago. The other two are their respective significant others. I thought it was going to be a stupid, predictable film. But then it took a slight turn. And then it veers again. Nothing thrilling, but I dug it.

So occasionally I'll scroll over a movie picture to see more information about the film and it'll say "Available until X/XX/XX" meaning that after that date it will no longer be available to watch instantly.

What does it mean when it says available until and it's only available to get through the mail? After that date it won't be available at all? Or it'll be even more available and be on instant watch? I'm kind of confused by this. The movie that this appeared for was Annie Hall.

^ OMG just buy the DVD. It's pretty much in my top 10 and I'm pretty sure it's like $5.99 from BestBuy. ;)

But no, I think they're saying it's only available instant through that date and then just on DVD. Annoying but Netflix 'cut back' even though they make serious boku bucks.

^ OMG just buy the DVD. It's pretty much in my top 10 and I'm pretty sure it's like $5.99 from BestBuy. ;)

But no, I think they're saying it's only available instant through that date and then just on DVD. Annoying but Netflix 'cut back' even though they make serious boku bucks.

I literally do not have more than $1, unless I return a bunch of pennies to the bank.

watching orange is the new black. i had no idea they were releasing the whole season at once. thank god. i was thinking it was going to be so tedious doing it episode by episode.

on ep 2 now, i will probably not stop until the finale