• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the NBA playoffs

as a cavs fan, i've not been comfortable with the free throws from our side. had lebron made those two toward the end of the game we may have never been in OT in the first place. so it was a DAMN good thing he made the two to tie it up.

point being. the cavs free throwing was a huge downfall for us tonight. we'd have been better from the line, we may have won the game easily.

oh and not to discredit the magic. they played great tonight. their outside shooting was as usual, deadly tonight. you try to stop them in the paint and they kick it out and around the perimeter to put up the open 3... they've always got good 3 point shooters. or so it seems that alston, pietris, and lewis can't miss. when turkoglu runs that pick and roll he either gets the open shot every time or has that man to kick it out to... we NEVER play well off that shit.

magic are just too much for the cavs to handle.

as a cavs fan, i've not been comfortable with the free throws from our side. had lebron made those two toward the end of the game we may have never been in OT in the first place. so it was a DAMN good thing he made the two to tie it up.

point being. the cavs free throwing was a huge downfall for us tonight. we'd have been better from the line, we may have won the game easily.

Come on bro we could have said that about the magics loss but we didn't. The magic stepped up tonight big time and put the Cavs in their place. I am very proud of Dwight Howard for making his free throws when he needed to. I don't believe that the tecnical foul Dwight Howard was assesed with should stand under review,because flexing after you convert an and one should not be taunting, after all he is SUPERMAN ! :)

Exactly.

You can play "what if" on BOTH sides all day.

What if LeBron doesn't get that bullshit call at the end of the game against Peitrus? Then he doesn't even go to the line to win.

What if Howard gets the call against Varejo at the end of regulation? Then he hits just one free throw and its over.

:) What if Lebron missed that last second three pointer in our loss? SERIES OVER lol......We could do this all day.....

Last edited:
hey BFQ's... you may have missed this post. the magic did their part and contained the cavs as well as hit their shots. good on them, they played well, i'm not denying that.

oh and not to discredit the magic. they played great tonight. their outside shooting was as usual, deadly tonight. you try to stop them in the paint and they kick it out and around the perimeter to put up the open 3... they've always got good 3 point shooters. or so it seems that alston, pietris, and lewis can't miss. when turkoglu runs that pick and roll he either gets the open shot every time or has that man to kick it out to... we NEVER play well off that shit.

magic are just too much for the cavs to handle.

That's fine with me. If the Magic represent the East, that's just an easier team for the Lakers to play in the finals. (They'll also have homecourt!)

basketball is a great game of "what ifs." it's just better to not even go there.

looks like Cleveland is down and out. I give props to the Orlando Magic. what else can I say when my beloved Cleveland Cavaliers fall short by just about one point each game? Cleveland doesn't match up well against Orlando, we all knew this coming in. LeBron James is the best player in the league but even he can't beat a team that hits their 3s so consistently.

all I ever wanted was the downtrodden city of Cleveland to win a championship. I hate the Cleveland Browns, so this was the only ticket for the city of rock n roll to obtain a championship. this is my sob story, but I am sticking to it.

looks like I have to WITNESS another Los Angeles Lakers championship.

dude don't count the cavs out yet. Gotta win 3 straight, but 2 of those will be at home. One game at a time is all it is!

dude don't count the cavs out yet. Gotta win 3 straight, but 2 of those will be at home. One game at a time is all it is!

I actually like your reasoning.

Providing that the team who is down 1-3 is actually the superior team.

But in this case, alas, all of the relevant evidence points to the idea that AT BEST, these teams are about equal (and, to be honest, the MOST important piece of evidence is "who has been controlling this series?" - and the answer to that question is unquestionably the Magic.

As a sports fan, I hope that I am forced to eat my words, but to be honest, I think it's even more likely that the Magic close this one out IN CLEVELAND tomorrow night in 5, than it is that the Cavs "magically" become significantly better overnight and win the series.

I hope I'm wrong, but in this case, I'm pretty sure I'm not.

That's fine with me. If the Magic represent the East, that's just an easier team for the Lakers to play in the finals. (They'll also have homecourt!)

No one gives the Magic ANY CREDIT!

I heard everyone talk about how the Cavs were going to sweep Orlando. At best, they'll win maybe one game tops. Cavs are going to dominate.

Yeah, we see how that worked out.

And now the Lakers are a sure bet to win it all!? As far as I know, that Nuggets/Lakers series is faaaar from over!!

You guys crack me up. 8)

Nuggets/Magic finals.

Magic win it all.

who said that the Cavs were going to sweep the Magic?

any Cavs fan worth their salt KNOWS that the Orlando Magic match up horrible against the Cavs. Cleveland has two guys who are 6'2" for chrissake in their starting lineup.

nobody gives the Magic credit because their coach is sub-par, and people think that they get lucky with those three point shots. you could argue the case for both of those statements.

I suppose I shouldn't count out Cleveland just yet. I still believe that the Cavs are the better team, it's just difficult to compete against Orlando who is a team that has all the momentum and is a team that literally throw up the most hideously fugly three point shot from downtown - only to have it hit the backboard and go in (I still say that they should have to call "glass" in the NBA). after all, anything can happen in the NBA playoffs, especially when you have LeBron James on your team.

Who was it that missed the game winning shot just now?

Oh wait, was that LeBron?

:)

and you seriously want to go there? that shot would have been near impossible for even the best athlete in modern sports to make. I know we are all used to LBJ making those kinds of god-like shots, but I doubt even the best NBA shooters could have hit that.

Last edited:
magic's three point percentage was a ridiculous ~48% last night!

i was hoping they'd rescind that tech against dwight, but...

and i think i'd rather see orlando go up against la, than denver. chauncy knows his way around the magic, i think.

i think that people are really surprised by the magic. during these playoffs it seems that "good" teams have gotten beat by the very "lucky" magic. but, it's the magic playing as a true team, utilizing awesome bench points and not just depending on one key player.

dude...game 5!

I heard friends, strangers, radio hosts, and a couple ESPN commentators say Cleveland was going to sweep the Magic.

Maybe no one here said it, maybe no one you know said it.

Hey, I thought they were crazy to say that too.

But anyway, yeah I seriously wanna go there!

Some people think because he made that one shot at the end of game two that he is now a clutch player who is known for making those game winning shots.

Truth of the matter is, that was the first of his career (speaking strictly of the playoffs)

It's just ONE SHOT. That's it. All of a sudden they want to crown him for being Reggie Miller or Robert Horry.

No.

It was ONE SHOT.

That's why I was laughing when he missed the three last night. I hope that shut the nut huggers up.

Last edited:
Dwight Howard's ridiculous technical foul from last night was rescinded, so he has 2 more to give. That's a lot better than 1 lol, so mabey we'll see Dwight on his best behavior from here on out in the playoffs. Is it just me or has anyone else noticed Dwight being grabbed, pulled, pushed, clawed, attempted MMA Takedown, everything! It's not suprising he reacts the way he does.....

i'm totally biased, b/c i <3 dwight, but i agree.

williams was getting so aggressive with him!

he looks like he tries to take it all in stride, but dude, the man is gonna get frustrated. hedo's got 4 too!

i am so happy to hear about the tech. being lifted! i mean, gortat was great in a pinch against philly, but can't risk that anymore!

magic's three point percentage was a ridiculous ~48% last night!

i was hoping they'd rescind that tech against dwight, but...

Orlando has been essentially on fire all the way until that last win in Boston.

in today's sports news, I believe that the league took away the tech awarded to Dwight Howard. I agree with this decision; because he wasn't taunting or being malicious in any way. nothing wrong with a player making a play and getting hyped up about it. this is the NBA - not the more strict NFL. hell, I just saw Andrew Bynum fist pump an attendee at the Staples center just now.

I heard friends, strangers, radio hosts, and a couple ESPN commentators say Cleveland was going to sweep the Magic.

Maybe no one here said it, maybe no one you know said it.

Hey, I thought they were crazy to say that too.

ok :) today, I was thinking a lot about the Cleveland/Orlando series so far. the Orlando Magic have been playing their hearts out, and getting hot with their three point shots. the Cleveland Cavs have been pretty stagnant and mediocre at times.

however, every game the Cavs are only a shot away from winning. how are they so close when the Magic are playing so cohesive and Cleveland is reverting back to its LeBron James 1 VS 5 offense?

these facts comfort me. it makes me think that Cleveland can be the 9th team in NBA history to come back and win the series after down 3-1.

and i think i'd rather see orlando go up against la, than denver. chauncy knows his way around the magic, i think.

I've said it before many times and I will say it again, the Denver Nuggers and George Carl got a steal in Chauncey Billups.

myself being a respectable Midwestern Hoops Gentleman; I have always loved Billups in Detroit.

are their any Nuggets fans repping in Bluelight? I know we have tons of those stoner, skiing types here. they have to get down and smoke headies and watch the Nug-Nugs at their resort in the mountains?

Birdman is a pimp, BTW. anybody who fails so many drug tests for cocaine is okay in my book.

060127_Andersen_vmed_10p.widec.jpg